1981 remembered

Started by MK, August 14, 2011, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Tonto on March 15, 2013, 06:36:40 PM
Flip, I've just realised this is the guy that killed himself.

Amazing that people make heroes out of suicide victims who were quite happy to support the death of those who, sadly, didn't have the same choice the suicide victims had.

The real heroes are those who died without fuss.

May all innocent victims of Sands' organisation and all other terrorist organisations rest in peace.  Their deaths were thankfully not in vain.  Unlike Robert's.

Flip, Rossfan just bitch slapped you upside the head! Flip, see below for details!

Flip, what do you think of the collusion between the UDR/RUC/UVF/UDA (pick a combo) and do you think it right they killed innocent nationalists and if so, do you now understand that if your Government had a shred of decency, the Robert Sand's of the world would not have been necessary?

Flip, your concern lies only with those who shared your warped view that the planter are superior beings and therefore entitled to their spoils in our Country.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tonto

What part of my previous post didn't you understand?

glens abu

32years ago today RIP Bobby Sands.Let our revenge be the laughter of our children.

balladmaker

'May God shine on you Bobby Sands, for the courage you have shown, may your glory and your fame be widely known ... ' RIP

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Remembered - Not in my name as an Irishman and a Republican.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

glens abu

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 05, 2013, 11:23:53 AM

And I am sure not in the name of other like thinking Unionists and partitionists.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: glens abu on May 05, 2013, 11:48:05 AM

And I am sure not in the name of other like thinking Unionists and partitionists.
Sands and his colleagues did more to copper-fasten partition than Carson and Paisley ever did.

EC Unique

You really have no idea. Not even a clue.

Nally Stand

"They will not criminalise us, rob us of our true identity, steal our individualism, depoliticise us, churn us out as systemised, institutionalised, decent law-abiding robots. Never will they label our liberation struggle as criminal....I have been thinking that some people (maybe many people) blame me for this hunger-strike, but I have tried everything possible to avert it short of surrender.I pity those who say that, because they do not know the British and I feel more the pity for them because they don't even know their poor selves. But didn't we have people like that who sought to accuse Tone, Emmet, Pearse, Connolly, Mellowes: that unfortunate attitude is perennial"

RIP Bobby
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Rossfan

I doubt if your "not in my name" will make much difference to anything. ::)
Remembered by me as a man who stood up for and gave his life for  his principles.
Sad thing is the things he and his fellow hunger strikers wanted were all obtained not long afterwards.
Some say they were already on offer but Gerry and the SF leadership are alleged to have refused to pass it on to the lads.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

glens abu

Quote from: Rossfan on May 05, 2013, 02:06:40 PM

Remembered by me as a man who stood up for and gave his life for  his principles.
Sad thing is the things he and his fellow hunger strikers wanted were all obtained not long afterwards.
Some say they were already on offer but Gerry and the SF leadership are alleged to have refused to pass it on to the lads.

The lie that is trotted out by the anti SF crowd has never been proved,even the Brits involved in it couldn't help them to discredit the leadership.Bobby Sands was a clever an and was nobody's fool.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: EC Unique on May 05, 2013, 01:31:01 PM

You really have no idea. Not even a clue.

Yes I use the word correctly. It is not my fault if you think the word means other than it dose. You're as bad as the fleg-crowd thinking Ulster is just 6 counties.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

camanchero

Quote from: glens abu on May 05, 2013, 03:05:37 PM

The lie that is trotted out by the anti SF crowd has never been proved,even the Brits involved in it couldn't help them to discredit the leadership.Bobby Sands was a clever an and was nobody's fool.
The demands were never 'on the table' during the hunger strike- as a brother of one of the hunger strikers who was the family negotiator on behalf of his brother told me - during the hunger strike.
If the demands that were eventually all met , were all conceded during the hunger strike , then these men would not have all died. Still they set out knowing this could happen and they are casualties of war, much like the dead from either side.

The newly formed sf, Adams et all as well as the IRA and INLA army councils had no bearing in the negotiations as they didn't want the second hunger strike to take ace, so the prisoners didnt include them in negotiations in case they agreed concessions to end the hnger strike- the men wanted all five demands to be met. They died, but these were won.

The hunger strike also massively helped deliver peace and an unprecedented equality to the six counties. That achieved objective has given the plateau and platform to deliver eventual reunification.
There is no denying that this eventuality will happen with the British gov being as much the instigators as Irish republicans!
We are not yet ready for this economically but it won't be that far off. Certainly the 800 years of illegal misrule and partition will continue for. Fraction of the time, with militant republicanism and their actions as well as ten brave men helping deliver the peace, equality and ultimate reunification!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: camanchero on May 05, 2013, 05:23:53 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 05, 2013, 03:05:37 PM

The demands were never 'on the table' during the hunger strike- as a brother of one of the hunger strikers who was the family negotiator on behalf of his brother told me - during the hunger strike.
If the demands that were eventually all met , were all conceded during the hunger strike , then these men would not have all died. Still they set out knowing this could happen and they are casualties of war, much like the dead from either side.

The newly formed sf, Adams et all as well as the IRA and INLA army councils had no bearing in the negotiations as they didn't want the second hunger strike to take ace, so the prisoners didnt include them in negotiations in case they agreed concessions to end the hnger strike- the men wanted all five demands to be met. They died, but these were won.

The hunger strike also massively helped deliver peace and an unprecedented equality to the six counties. That achieved objective has given the plateau and platform to deliver eventual reunification.
There is no denying that this eventuality will happen with the British gov being as much the instigators as Irish republicans!
We are not yet ready for this economically but it won't be that far off. Certainly the 800 years of illegal misrule and partition will continue for. Fraction of the time, with militant republicanism and their actions as well as ten brave men helping deliver the peace, equality and ultimate reunification!
1. The only thing Irish republicans ever did to 'deliver peace' was to call off their ill fated campaign of violence, which the vast majority of people in Ireland had been asking them to do for decades;
2. Equality arrived by the mid 70s. The old Stormont was gone, the Housing Executive was in place in by 1972, we had one man one vote, and there was a whole raft of employment and equality legislation. A power sharing Executive with an all Ireland dimension was put in at Sunningdale, but was rejected by Ian Paisley and Irish republicans. Fast forward 20 years and republicans were happy to embrace 'Sunningdale for slow learners' (Seamus Mallon) and claim a seismic victory!
3. Reunification is off the agenda for several decades yet, unfortunately, thanks in part to the IRA campaign. You can't bomb and murder a section of the Irish people for 25 years in the name of reunification, then expect them to believe that they've nothing to fear from a united Ireland.
4. Carry on, LB.  ;)

camanchero

spectacularly wrong on all counts evil myles, but no surprise there!

maybe peace broke out in your house before the 90's but nowhere else in the six counties!
equality wasnt even a word that the unionist/loyalist establishment could spell up until recently, so I think your recollection of he 70's is way off. maybe for your house, but not for the rest of the 6 counties.

also your think sunningdale was acceptable  !! LOL

while not nice, the IRA and militant republicans gave a platform for the peace and equality that came about via the GFA.
up untl that point persecution, oppression and inequality persisted.

the reunifcation is now able to proceed because of the stability these republicans brought about.Money talks. The Celtic tiger proved that loyalists/unionists abandon their fear and principles for a fee quid.
you might not like all of this but sure thats your own perogative!
peace in the 70's - 'thats a cracker' as that fat gimp used to say !