On the grassy, grassy banks of Pairc Tailteann............

Started by thejuice, August 11, 2011, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Well I don't like paying into these things anymore than anyone else but surely we cant have it both ways, expecting good facilities and expecting to use them for free.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

onefaircounty

That's a shame. Was on these banks that I first realised that Ronan Clarke was special footballer.

Declan

Quoteexpecting good facilities and expecting to use them for free

If I thought the monies were going to improve the facilities I wouldn't have a problem but when he didn't even know who was playing and then said it was for the "Refs" I declined to contribute to the biscuit tin

thejuice

Well some good news on the Meath front.

Comer group are staying on as sponsors for the next year, so no new jerseys thankfully.

Plans are being made to extend the terrace, presumably around one or both of the goal ends. Fund raising for which will begin in March.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=163478

QuoteDetails of a major fundraising draw in aid of the Pairc Tailteann development programme were announced at Monday night's county committee meeting. The draw, scheduled to take place in mid-June, will have a top prize of €10,000.

Tickets will cost €50 each and chairman Barney Allen announced that all clubs will be expected to sell 100. Sixty per cent of money collected will go to the Pairc Tailteann fund with clubs keeping the other forty per cent.

"We have to do something about Pairc Tailteann, we haven't had a draw since 2005. We will launch the draw at the April meeting and have it around June 15th," he added.

Treasurer Pat Clerkin outlined a long list of initial improvements with the overall cost coming to €202,000. "There is no way that can pay for those out of our cash flow. But the improvements have to be carried out and we need the clubs to row in behind us. There are a lot of GAA people out there who should be willing to help and we are not being too greedy," he said.

Central Council representative Brendan Cummins remarked: "It has to be done. It had to be done back in the 1930s, a decade described as the hungry '30s, and in the '80s when there was also a lot of emigration. Health and safety is a much bigger issue nowadays than in times past."

Cummins described Pairc Tailteann as one of the best grounds in the country and also one of the most central.

Dunshaughlin delegate Paddy Ward that a number of clubs had already financial budgets for the year and would have entered into commitments with banks.

As well as the first prize of 10,000 euro, there will be other cash prizes of €3,000 and €2,000 and five of €1,000 as well as meal vouchers and All-Ireland football and hurling final tickets.

Ah well, they don't seem to dream big like me but good to see something happening. will be buying some myself.

rrhf

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility