is there a war coming?

Started by lawnseed, August 09, 2011, 06:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

North Korea are sabre rattling again.
China are telling them to calm down.
The US are telling them they don't have the reach.

lawnseed

Quote from: LeoMc on March 08, 2013, 01:45:37 PM
it wont be long now some fukr is going to kick off
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quick South Korean strike on their nuclear facilities and airfields and South Korea would smash the North's military and unite Korea.

Unlike super rich West Germany's absorption of poorer yet industrial East Germany. Super rich South Korea may not be able to pay for stone age North Korea.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on March 09, 2013, 08:15:38 AM

North Korea rattles sabres only to control their own long suffering citizens. China and the US are hardly bothered.

Israel's threat to fire on Iran is a bit more serious, but with a democrat in the White House it might be too risky for them. So all is as well as it has been for a long time.
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

If North Korea had oil, the US and its allies would have invaded long ago
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

maddog

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2013, 03:35:13 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 09, 2013, 08:15:38 AM

North Korea rattles sabres only to control their own long suffering citizens.

Nk seems to be ramping up the stakes, i wonder what it would take for regime change here and what will there would be East and West to see it happen ?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: give her dixie on March 09, 2013, 07:16:13 PM
As George Galloway once said the US went into Iraq using the excuse that they had WMD but knowing full well that they hadn't. However they won't use this excuse to go into NK because they know full well they do have
Careful now

Denn Forever

Are there not annual War games in this area at this time? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

maddog

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 30, 2013, 10:32:23 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on March 09, 2013, 07:16:13 PM
As George Galloway once said the US went into Iraq using the excuse that they had WMD but knowing full well that they hadn't. However they won't use this excuse to go into NK because they know full well they do have

Or another way of looking at it is that Kim Jong-un is making a cracking job of playing the US bogey man, Obama should find it easier to sell defence spending to the electorate while this loon continues to sound off.

cadence

dennis rodman has it under control.

lawnseed

north korea close the joint industrial zone.. simmering away nicely
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

I suspect Kim-Young-Eel has recently watched Wag the dog and loved it.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on April 03, 2013, 10:49:51 PM

The scummy Chinese govt are the key with N KorEea, they are seriously tied to N Korea and the lunatics that run it.

Personally I hope the people of North Korea say enough is enough and take the fcukers in power, unfortunately the Chinese will help the North Koreans against the people.

Anything but a Yank, Chinese confrontation, I don't think that will happen because the yanks are being kept afloat by the Chinese!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

johnneycool

Quote from: stew on April 04, 2013, 02:20:57 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 03, 2013, 10:49:51 PM

The scummy Chinese govt are the key with N KorEea, they are seriously tied to N Korea and the lunatics that run it.

Personally I hope the people of North Korea say enough is enough and take the fcukers in power, unfortunately the Chinese will help the North Koreans against the people.

Anything but a Yank, Chinese confrontation, I don't think that will happen because the yanks are being kept afloat by the Chinese!

There's a brave few dictators held afloat by the bigger nations with vested interests who arm them to the teeth to keep their own people down, just look at how well democracy has taken in the Arabian peninsula. The Chinese are not the exception here.

Yes, financially the Yanks are kept afloat by the Chinese but an old war wipes the slate clean for the victor!!!

southdown

I can't see a great deal happening with NK.  History has shown that they like to raise tensions, only then to receive aid and concessions from the international community, then return to the status quo.

Their people are brainwashed and will never rebel against the state.  The Yanks do not have the stomach for war, especially given that NK actually DO have nukes and they have no natural resources of any value to them.

However, if they test fire this latest missile, any small incident could spark a conflict.  Then the shit would hit the fan.