Introduce yourself - what's your club and county!!

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Club: Round Towers Kildare

County: Kildare

Best GAA memory: 28 Sep 1996, County Champions again after 35 years,  22 Sep 1998, Kildare Leinster Champions bridging a 42 year gap
#newbridgeornowhere

Scallionater

Club: Eire Og
County: Carlow
Greatest memory: 5 Leinster titles and 2 All Ireland Club Finals

dubnut

Club - Undislosed Meath Club since early 2005, previously in Dublin.
County : Dublin
Best memory : being asked to captain my old club team.

supersarsfields

Club: Drumragh   

County: Tyrone

Best Moment: 1999 Drumragh winning the Championship closely followed by 2004 league win.

Lone Shark

Club:    Ferbane (Home)  Round Towers London (For now)

County:    Offaly

Best GAA Memory:     People power at work - sitting on the pitch in 1998 making sure we got our five minutes.

Ryano

County; Roscommon

Club; Western Gaels

Best GAA moment; The year 2001, we beat Galway in the Connaught semi inTuam and Mayo in the Connaught final in the Hyde with a last minute goal. SWEET!

Not often it happens...... and things have gone (a bit) down hill since! :-\

Ryano

Quote from: Lone Shark on November 10, 2006, 09:38:17 AM
Club:    Ferbane (Home)  Round Towers London (For now)

Do you know a fella called Mick Hanley Lone Shark? He plays for Round Towers in London....

Lone Shark

I know the Tractor Hanley very well - sound as they come, though that doesn't make it hurt any less when you run into a tackle from him. You're from Western Gaels as well then I take it.....

Guillem2

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

AbbeySider

Club: Ballintubber

County: Mayo

Best Memory: 2006 Semi-Final against Dublin. Words dont come close to describing what it was like. Ill never witness anything like it again

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Declan

North Longford

Clubs : Colmcille
County : Longford
Best Football Memory: 2002 Leinster Minor Final

Ryano

Quote from: Lone Shark on November 10, 2006, 09:50:27 AM
I know the Tractor Hanley very well - sound as they come, though that doesn't make it hurt any less when you run into a tackle from him. You're from Western Gaels as well then I take it.....

The tractor!? Very apt name for the big hoor! Hard as nails. I could tell you stories about that lad from back in the day, but it might not be good for my general well being to do so... My ould fella used to train him at W.G. and there was craic had!

Ya we have bounced off each other a couple of times too back in the day when he was playing his GAA on this side of the water for W.G. and i was still playing myself. Lovely guy but i would not get on the wrong side of him, he would go through you for a short cut. I actually met him a few weeks ago when he was in Dublin at the Ros & Meath Minor semi final, got him tickets for it too. Will be having pints with him i'd say over the xmas back in Ros. Tell him big Ryan said hello!

youbetterbelieveit

Clubs : Cappamore

County : Limerick

Best Football Memory: Captaining our Footballers to county glory in 2004