Introduce yourself - what's your club and county!!

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubnut

"Ah cmon dubnut - still ashamed of the new club?"

Not at all Declan, but its a small town and small club and if I name them I may as well put my real name on instead of Dubnut.
pm me and I'll tell ya!

Lone Shark

Quote from: Ryano on November 10, 2006, 10:54:39 AM

The tractor!? Very apt name for the big hoor! Hard as nails. I could tell you stories about that lad from back in the day, but it might not be good for my general well being to do so... My ould fella used to train him at W.G. and there was craic had!

Ya we have bounced off each other a couple of times too back in the day when he was playing his GAA on this side of the water for W.G. and i was still playing myself. Lovely guy but i would not get on the wrong side of him, he would go through you for a short cut. I actually met him a few weeks ago when he was in Dublin at the Ros & Meath Minor semi final, got him tickets for it too. Will be having pints with him i'd say over the xmas back in Ros. Tell him big Ryan said hello!

Saw him get a bit, em, involved, a few times on the field all right. One of those lads you'd definitely be glad was on your side rather than theirs when things get a bit messy. He was fair decent to myself and a whole load of other new lads coming into the club all the same though.

I don't be down as much these nights - had to move off up to Northwest London with work, so tis two hours each way to training these times, so it's an occasional visit at most. Still, I'll be down a few more times before the year is out, so I'll definitely drop your name and see if it lights any fires ....  ;)

Owenmoresider

Club: Owenmore Gaels (Gaeil na hAbhann Móire)
County: Sligo
Best football memory: 1999 Sligo JFC Q-Final - Owenmore Gaels 1-7 Ballymote 1-6. They have got just marginally better than us in the intervening period. >:(

whatever

Club: O'Dwyers Balbriggan
County: Dublin
Best GAA memory: 17th September 1995, watching a team mate lift the Sam Maguire as Dublin captain and then lifting the cup myself in our clubhouse that evening

brokencrossbar1

Club: Cross Rangers originally, presently Ballincollig cork.

County: Armagh

Best memory: so many it is hard, but has to be the rush after the 1997 Club final against Knockmore...magic,  oh and the 1999 one was pretty good too Stephenite ;D

liihb

Club - St Brigids
County - Dublin
Best Memory July 16th 1995

Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Windmill abu

Club: Windmill St Patricks
County: Tyrone
Best GAA Memory: Winning the East Tyrone Junior League 1963 also Sam arriving in Aughnacloy in 2003
Never underestimate the power of complaining

intoDwest

County ............................Mayo
Club.................................Kiltane

Best GAA moment; Going to the 1989 All Ireland as a young lad.......bad result, unforgettable experience.

DickyRock

Clubs : Glenelly
County : Tyrone
Best GAA Memory: September 28th 2003

Just a lurker now, haven't posted in a while.

cicfada

Original Club: Ahascragh

Present Club: Probably Na Piarsiagh in Cork  but  I haven't joined yet.

I am from Co. Galway, and my best GAA memory is Galway winning the Liam mc Carthy in 1980!

umgolaarmagh

Armagh

Club: at the moment Neasden Gaels and a return to Pearse og in the Spring and founding member of the Ballycrummy 5 GFC

Fionntamhnach

Club: Fintona
County: Tyrone
Best Moment: a tie between Tyrone's two All-Ireland victories at the moment, but I believe the best is still yet to come. 8)

Derry Daisy

Club: Slaughtneil  ;D
County: Derry

Beat Moment: Beating Maximus and his club in the county final in 2004

oneillcup2007

club:  :-* cant seem to work this avatar yet, will inform when fiontamhnach publishes a fools guide
County:  :D Tyrone in the bushes
Greatest GAA memory:  8) winning Sam 03/05 and Tyrone league