Marty Morrissey

Started by Dinny Breen, August 07, 2011, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I hate listening to either Canning or Morrissey.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

Martin Tyler uttered a Martyism during the Charity Shield yesterday

Rafael came on for United (one of identical twins for those not in the know) and took over the captains armband. About 10 minutes later Tyler said 'At least that captains armband distinguishes between the twins, that and the fact that his brother is actually on the subs bench' Cue silence from his co-commentator Ray Wilkins.

Jinxy

36 seconds were gone in the hurling before Marty seemed to realise the game had started.
Too busy reading out his pre-prepared list of all the Dublin players with Tipperary connections.
This pretty much sums up his approach to commentary.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

"Bit of a contest"............................."Jackeens"...................

haze

Marty said in his commentary that Lar Corbett never played minor or u21 for Tipp which would be an unreal stat. But considering he was an under 21 when he won the All Ireland Senior with Tipp in 2001, find it hard to believe ya Marty...

spuds

Just as player takes a shot at goals Marty invariably bleats "(any prominent player in any match) hasn't scored yet today", followed by "he has just rectified that" or says in that innocently surprised tone "still hasn't scored".
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

squire_in_navy_slacks

Somebody needs to tango him up in that commentary box

Hes an utter p****, insulting pox

haze

Marty's quote of the day: "Dublin stay on the field to savour the moment"

ONeill

During the minute's silence he sent his condolances to the deceased.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zulu

He is really useless, at one point in the second half the ref, who was cat btw, indicates a free in gor dublin due to a tipp player touching the ball on the ground, Marty tells us it's a free out, when the Dublin freetaker puts the ball down to take the free he claims the ref changed his mind!!!!!

Jinxy

Is Darragh Maloney out of the picture now the the premiership is back?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Carbery

Quote from: Jinxy on August 14, 2011, 06:52:17 PM
Is Darragh Maloney out of the picture now the the premiership is back?

Darragh Maloney was doing the radio commentary with Tony Considine.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2011, 05:11:06 PM
During the minute's silence he sent his condolances to the deceased.

Yes, what a f**king little alien-faced bollix. That was shocking.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AhJaysusRef

Speaking over the minutes silence was terrible. He had to get his little bit of rehearsed knowledge in by explaining who was playing when the referee collapsed, where the game was and who his club where, as if he actually knew the man.

Very, very disrespectful. Disgrace.

irunthev

Sadly Marty is one of those sad journalists / broadcasters who genuinely believe that sporting occasions are put on so that the world can listen to their drivel and he fails to realise that his absence actually embellishes proceedings. I've had dealings with the twat and his arrogance is beyond belief. Mind you, take a look around the press box in Croke Park any Sunday and you'll see plenty of the same.