Donegal v Dublin semi final 28-8-11

Started by Blowitupref, August 07, 2011, 03:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on August 28, 2011, 11:38:21 PM
Boyle is a coward of a GAA player. let no-one say any different. A coward plain and simple. The linesman a complete disgrace.

Let no-one from the ulster defensive organisation tell you that was all about work-rate and aggression. It was  disgrace to the game. that was good vs evil today. Thank God the game was saved today.

How Michael Murphy can go from being on the best forwards in the game to looking like a shit player is only something the donegal management can answer for.

We should enter the donegal team in the olympic handwall london 2012. Guaranteed gold medal.

They are the laughing stock of the GAA world after that today.

Copper face jacks is open shortly get in there & enjoy yourself first final for 16 years & all that...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

aontroim

Boyle is a coward of a GAA player. let no-one say any different. A coward plain and simple. The linesman a complete disgrace.

Let no-one from the ulster defensive organisation tell you that was all about work-rate and aggression. It was  disgrace to the game. that was good vs evil today. Thank God the game was saved today.

How Michael Murphy can go from being on the best forwards in the game to looking like a shit player is only something the donegal management can answer for.

We should enter the donegal team in the olympic handwall london 2012. Guaranteed gold medal.

A few more posts like that and you can join them as a laughing stock.

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on August 28, 2011, 11:52:00 PM

Copper face jacks is open shortly get in there & enjoy yourself first final for 16 years & all that...

Dont drink ross. Never have. Perfectly sober and happy as a pig in shit we're back in the big-time. And that the game was saved today from a bigger pox then refereeing. Long 4 hour drive home for Mc Guinness to think about how many differrent ways to hit 200 handpasses a game and how to make a potentially great player like murphy look Junior D.

screenexile

Jesus there's some shite being talked on here today. . . On the game itself it was dire!! Donegal had ample opportunity to put Dublin away and didn't do it. My own personal opinion is that it all fell apart when Karl Lacey went off. The team looked tired after that point and the heart seemed to have gone out of them. He is pure class and the heartbeat of the team I would say.

Dublin were brutal at times and confirmed my opinion that they have too many average players on the team. Lads like Barry Cahill, Cullen, MD McAuley, Fennell, McConnell, Bastick, O'Gara wouldn't get on the panel in Kerry or Cork but the greatness of the Brogans means that having these fellas around to do donkey work makies them competitive. Without BB Dublin wouldn't get out of Leinster.

Boyle needs to take a long hard look at himself as does Connolly. He didn't deserve to go at all but if he kept his hands down he stays on the pitch and gets to play in an All Ireland final, brainless stuff really and as I suspected he couldn't handle it being put up to him today and got frustrated. He won't get to mark Justin McMahon every time he goes out on the field!

As for 'the state of our game' I have never been worried and nor should anyone else be about the state of our game. Had Donegal won today Kerry would have wiped the floor with them much like they will with Dublin and teams around the country will realise that creating better footballers is the way to win things rather than a team of athletes conditioned to be in a certain place at a certain time.

By and large Gaelic football is a fair game and the team with the best players will generally win. Kerry are the prime example of this. Kerry have more better footballers than probably Dublin and Donegal put together and the way they play the game is how it should be played. When they win the All Ireland hopefully all will return to normal and hopefully teams like Donegal and Dublin will try and get some more footballers in their teams rather than fella's who can hit hard and run for a long time.

Mike Sheehy

I hope we win the AI but I have to say I wouldnt begrudge Dublin. Its good to finally have another side that is not willing to sacrifice every principle to win. We no longer stand alone.

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on August 28, 2011, 11:59:48 PM
Jesus there's some shite being talked on here today. . . On the game itself it was dire!! Donegal had ample opportunity to put Dublin away and didn't do it. My own personal opinion is that it all fell apart when Karl Lacey went off. The team looked tired after that point and the heart seemed to have gone out of them. He is pure class and the heartbeat of the team I would say.

Dublin were brutal at times and confirmed my opinion that they have too many average players on the team. Lads like Barry Cahill, Cullen, MD McAuley, Fennell, McConnell, Bastick, O'Gara wouldn't get on the panel in Kerry or Cork but the greatness of the Brogans means that having these fellas around to do donkey work makies them competitive. Without BB Dublin wouldn't get out of Leinster.

Boyle needs to take a long hard look at himself as does Connolly. He didn't deserve to go at all but if he kept his hands down he stays on the pitch and gets to play in an All Ireland final, brainless stuff really and as I suspected he couldn't handle it being put up to him today and got frustrated. He won't get to mark Justin McMahon every time he goes out on the field!

As for 'the state of our game' I have never been worried and nor should anyone else be about the state of our game. Had Donegal won today Kerry would have wiped the floor with them much like they will with Dublin and teams around the country will realise that creating better footballers is the way to win things rather than a team of athletes conditioned to be in a certain place at a certain time.

By and large Gaelic football is a fair game and the team with the best players will generally win. Kerry are the prime example of this. Kerry have more better footballers than probably Dublin and Donegal put together and the way they play the game is how it should be played. When they win the All Ireland hopefully all will return to normal and hopefully teams like Donegal and Dublin will try and get some more footballers in their teams rather than fella's who can hit hard and run for a long time.

Up your jaxe Damo. Your chimps couldnt beat donegal and ours could. You've been wrong every time very time about this dublin team and you only have to be wrong once more for me to consign you to the scrap heap on this website. Looking forward to it. You;re about as astute as Arsene Wenger's defensive coach.

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on August 29, 2011, 12:04:48 AM

Up your jaxe Damo. Your chimps couldnt beat donegal and ours could. You've been wrong every time very time about this dublin team and you only have to be wrong once more for me to consign you to the scrap heap on this website. Looking forward to it. You;re about as astute as Arsene Wenger's defensive coach.

Take your 2 brothers out of the Dublin team and see if you would have beaten them today. In fairness Deegan did a fairly good job of winning it for you anyway!

PS. Damo?? wtf are you on about? A bad winner is worse than a bad loser Indie!!

Dinny Breen

Firstly delighted Dublin won but it's only fair to point out it was quite a cynical foul on Karl Lacey that was in fact game changing....
#newbridgeornowhere

Zulu

I disagree with your assessment of Dublin screen, I expect them to beat Kerry in the final and even if they don't they have better footballers than you give them credit for.

cadence

beg to differ about donegal being bad for the game. donegal have lit up this year's championship by coming from absolutely nowhere to upset the pecking order. in fact, they are showing the way forward for counties in the doldrums and are forcing other teams to play a certain way. it becomes a different type of game is all. and there is room for them to develop into something of a more complicated proposition next year.

i for one would hate to see us go backwards and lose that ferocious energy in defence. i wouldn't mind one bit if we became fitter and learned from our other failings today. it wasn't negativity that beat us, it was a lack of experience to close the game out when we had it in our grasp and we were that little bit too leggy in the end.

dublin's fitness was impressive today and i felt the exchange between both coaches at the end of the match when they shook hands spoke volumes for the respect they had for the show they put on. if i wanted to watch a game where there is no defence only attack i'd watch darts or something. that middle 3rd of the pitch was a gaelic football war zone. it was beautiful!

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on August 29, 2011, 12:07:06 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 29, 2011, 12:04:48 AM

Take your 2 brothers out of the Dublin team and see if you would have beaten them today. In fairness Deegan did a fairly good job of winning it for you anyway!

PS. Damo?? wtf are you on about? A bad winner is worse than a bad loser Indie!!

Not all Damo. We all know your the other priest from Father Ted.

You're a jokeshop of an analyst here Screen - you've been wrong every time this season on Dublin . I'm amazed you have the balls to even post here anymore.
I'm just praying you can be wrong once more to consign you and the rest of your resident chimps to the lab once and for all.

Still you might get a job on the donegal coaching staff by the looks of things.

Zulu

Quote from: cadence on August 29, 2011, 12:10:22 AM
beg to differ about donegal being bad for the game. donegal have lit up this year's championship by coming from absolutely nowhere to upset the pecking order. in fact, they are showing the way forward for counties in the doldrums and are forcing other teams to play a certain way. it becomes a different type of game is all. and there is room for them to develop into something of a more complicated proposition next year.

i for one would hate to see us go backwards and lose that ferocious energy in defence. i wouldn't mind one bit if we became fitter and learned from our other failings today. it wasn't negativity that beat us, it was a lack of experience to close the game out when we had it in our grasp and we were that little bit too leggy in the end.

dublin's fitness was impressive today and i felt the exchange between both coaches at the end of the match when they shook hands spoke volumes for the respect they had for the show they put on. if i wanted to watch a game where there is no defence only attack i'd watch darts or something. that middle 3rd of the pitch was a gaelic football war zone. it was beautiful!

Sorry but Donegal haven't lit up the championship and I hope that nobody takes inspiration from the way you play. I can understand Donegal folk enjoying the whole experience but surely you can also understand that neutrals don't want to see football turn into a game where 6 or 7 points can win inter county games played in perfect conditions?

QuoteI thought it was pretty common knowledge around GAA circles that if a player makes an attempted strike at the head, wherever they connect or not, you run the risk of being sent off. Obviously not.

We do but I for one don't want to see lads get sent off for that type of thing. A bit of common sense wouldn't go astray.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 29, 2011, 12:17:32 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 29, 2011, 12:01:32 AM
I hope we win the AI but I have to say I wouldnt begrudge Dublin. Its good to finally have another side that is not willing to sacrifice every principle to win. We no longer stand alone.
Aidan O'Mahoney just called, he wants to speak to you...

I know, it was strange....He told me Donegal were Tyrones b**tard child and then he hung up !

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 28, 2011, 11:27:50 PM
Its possible that he was called for the first push into the Donegal players face rather than the second which was into the shoulder.

Either way, neither of the contacts to face or shoulder could in any way, shape or form be considered a strike and the fact that the Donegal player instigated the pushing and shoving in the first place made it worse. Granted Connelly did do a bit of shoving with another Donegal player immediately prior to that so looking at the sequence as a whole he deserves a kick up the hole for being such a hot head at that critical time.

Still, a red card was totally over the top.

Good man Mike  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

INDIANA

Quote from: cadence on August 29, 2011, 12:10:22 AM

Whats impressive about donegal. You have 4-5 brilliant players and you make them look like drains. I'd retire from coaching if I ever sent a team like that.

I'd prefer to lose by 20 points to kerry trying to play  then play like that.