Donegal v Dublin semi final 28-8-11

Started by Blowitupref, August 07, 2011, 03:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Some American friends flying into Dublin on Sunday morning. Obviously won't get a chance to get to the game - but where would be good to take in the match (may have a young child with them), and see some of the colour and excitement before the game?

Any advice appreciated.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Bring them down to the big tree dude in drumcondra.....................plenty of craic agus ceoil

The Hill is Blue

I've just watched a report from Donegal on the six o'clock news on RTE television. The hype in the county seems to be at boiling point with flags and colours all over the place. There seems to be a terrible weight of expectation building up among the whole population up there – not at all like '92. There's no way that Donegal will be able to come in under the radar this time.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Puckoon on August 25, 2011, 05:49:37 PM
Some American friends flying into Dublin on Sunday morning. Obviously won't get a chance to get to the game - but where would be good to take in the match (may have a young child with them), and see some of the colour and excitement before the game?

Any advice appreciated.

Jury's Hotel at Croke would be right in the middle of it all Puck (space out the back for fresh(ish) air). Failing that, anywhere along Dorset Street into the centre, or Jurys Inn on the Quays, etc.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

cadence

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 25, 2011, 06:50:49 PM
I've just watched a report from Donegal on the six o'clock news on RTE television. The hype in the county seems to be at boiling point with flags and colours all over the place. There seems to be a terrible weight of expectation building up among the whole population up there – not at all like '92. There's no way that Donegal will be able to come in under the radar this time.

:D interesting to see you forcing your own subjectivity onto donegal. stop worrying. it'll be alright.

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 25, 2011, 06:59:24 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 25, 2011, 05:49:37 PM

Any advice appreciated.

Jury's Hotel at Croke would be right in the middle of it all Puck (space out the back for fresh(ish) air). Failing that, anywhere along Dorset Street into the centre, or Jurys Inn on the Quays, etc.

Jurys Croke park would be the last place in Dublin I'd bring tourists on Sunday especially if they have kids.

ross4life

Are the first four rows in the Cusack,Hogan & canal end going to blocked off again this Sunday?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: cadence on August 25, 2011, 08:06:47 PM

:D interesting to see you forcing your own subjectivity onto donegal. stop worrying. it'll be alright.

With Martin McHugh tipping us, what's there to worry about?  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

heffo

Quote from: ross4life on August 25, 2011, 08:31:25 PM
Are the first four rows in the Cusack,Hogan & canal end going to blocked off again this Sunday?

No.

cadence

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 25, 2011, 08:33:39 PM
Quote from: cadence on August 25, 2011, 08:06:47 PM

With Martin McHugh tipping us, what's there to worry about?  ;)

i've a few shillings on you mesell.

INDIANA

Yep indeed Heffo. Donegal are very sure of themselves. Me Eniff declaring we wont be able to cope with the blanket defence despite the fact our 21's coped comfortably with the exact same system last year in Brefni Park.

Can Donegal cope with the hype within their own county? Time will tell.

We'll try and turn up and give them a game anyway.

If we can.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on August 25, 2011, 09:10:58 PM
Yep indeed Heffo. Donegal are very sure of themselves. Me Eniff declaring we wont be able to cope with the blanket defence despite the fact our 21's coped comfortably with the exact same system last year in Brefni Park.

If we can.

It's going to very hard to overcome the Ulster champs Sunday Indiana.

Brian McEniff is right, we haven't had to face anything like the structured defensive system they employ and then have class like Murphy, McFadden & Hegarty up front to live off the scraps.

Blowitupref

Quote from: INDIANA on August 25, 2011, 09:10:58 PM

If we can.

Don't know about comfortably, if it wasn't for Murphy missing a penalty Donegal would have won.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose