Tottenham riots

Started by Forever Green, August 07, 2011, 02:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

You obviously took some sort of offence to the term being used to describe our {insert whatever you like to call you know who's} friends.

Anyway, this issue has been put to bed by the Mod's.  Go and find something else to be uppity about.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

EC Unique

I knew this would end in tears. :'(

Saturday's Premier League match between Tottenham and Everton at White Hart Lane has been postponed.

Hardy

Quote from: screenmachine on August 11, 2011, 12:08:28 PM
You obviously took some sort of offence

Where did you get that idea?

QuoteGo and find something else to be uppity about.

That's some thanks for trying to prevent you becoming a victim of your own lack of understanding. Er ... no offence.

screenmachine

If the term didn't bother you then why make such a deal out of it?  Surely you should have just read on and not kicked up such a fuss?

As for your second point - I can't see how I'm going to become a victim of anything out of this but thanks for trying to prevent it anyway...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Hardy

I didn't make a deal out of it. I told you you were wrong that the term wasn't offensive to black people and how you could test that contention. Then you started acting the tool and I acted the tool back at you.

screenmachine

I suppose if you say it's wrong then it must be wrong.  Anything else you want to tell us or command us to do?

Cyberbully...

AQMP

Quote from: screenmachine on August 11, 2011, 09:15:44 AM
You're the boss Mod.  I will refrain from future use of said word.  May I state that I initially did not intend to cause offence, but admit it may have got slightly out of hand due to others OTT reaction to me using this adjective.
I apologise to all involved. (Except Hardy... ;) )

Ah FFS, whether it's offensive or not, the way you used it, it's definitely a fecking noun!

screenmachine

Quote from: AQMP on August 11, 2011, 12:53:19 PM
You're the boss Mod.  I will refrain from future use of said word.  May I state that I initially did not intend to cause offence, but admit it may have got slightly out of hand due to others OTT reaction to me using this adjective.

Ah FFS, whether it's offensive or not, the way you used it, it's definitely a fecking noun!

Tell someone who gives a fcuk...

AQMP

Quote from: screenmachine on August 11, 2011, 12:55:13 PM

What do they teach in schools these days??

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AQMP on August 11, 2011, 12:58:36 PM

If it's a word describing a person's skin colour it's an adjective. :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

screenmachine

I had initially thought that but Einstein here obviously knows best so maybe we're wrong...

AQMP

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2011, 01:06:20 PM
Quote from: AQMP on August 11, 2011, 12:58:36 PM

If it's a word describing a person's skin colour it's an adjective. :P

Dark is an adjective when used in the sense e.g "the guy looting Debenhams had dark skin" but I don't think you'd say "He had darkie skin" or "His skin is a bit too darkie for my liking"??  Dark can also be used as a noun e.g. "I'm afraid of the dark".  But to say "I'm afraid of the darkie" conveys a quite different meaning.  In the sense in which the word was originally used it was a noun.

screenmachine

Fair enough, I'll make sure and recommend you to the relevant grammar authorities. 

Hardy

Quote from: screenmachine on August 11, 2011, 12:50:49 PM
I suppose if you say it's wrong then it must be wrong.  Anything else you want to tell us or command us to do?

Cyberbully...

Else? What else did I "command" you to do?

Cyberidiot.

screenmachine

You said:
Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2011, 12:45:07 PM
I told you you were wrong that the term wasn't offensive to black...

I didn't say you commanded me to do anything else.  I simply asked, as by your reckoning if you tell me something then you are right and I am wrong, was there anything else that you wanted to be right about and that I could be therefore wrong about if I disagreed?