Tottenham riots

Started by Forever Green, August 07, 2011, 02:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

I always wondered how they got their teeth so white...

Fascinating brand...genius if you ask me...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Hardy

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 08:17:00 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 07:21:42 PM
There is a pub in Leixlip called Darkie Moores,do you think that's the pub Hardy is on about?

The Red House. That's another pub name with an actual colour in its name. Uncanny.

The post you removed was funnier than that one.
I don't think darkie is an actual colour so it's not the same really is it.
Poor post I'd give it a 2/10

I'd be up for a post rating competition except it would mean I'd have to read your posts.

Hardy

Quote from: screenmachine on August 10, 2011, 11:30:24 PM

... but not as much as being able to type "darkie" into Google images.

passedit

Don't Panic

screenmachine

Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2011, 12:03:02 AM
Quote from: screenmachine on August 10, 2011, 11:30:24 PM

... but not as much as being able to type "darkie" into Google images.

I was unaware you had to post original images on Gaaboard, apologies...By the way I typed in 'darkie toothpaste'.  A crowd of Darkies recommended it in a pub I was in last night...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Gaaboardmod3

OK Screen, that's enough nonsense. It's perfectly obvious to most people, including yourself I suspect, that some words have racist connotations because of the way they have been used in the past in a derogatory way. Darkie is certainly one of those words, and maybe you should consider why the image you selected to somehow prove your point decided to change their name and their logo.

In anycase , Rule 4 precludes racist posts and in my view, whether you agree or not, terms like darkie are unacceptable when describing black people and a violation of that rule, so please stop now. And do me a favour, don't try and be clever and start using some other 'innocent' word that you know has the same connotations, about any race.

quit yo jibbajabba

pwopa order mod; them screen wans are all racists;

twas only a few yrs back the balubas were gettin a touch; now theyre startin on the blacks (is this still ok to use) :P

god help it if a black baluba ever wandered into draperstown....

screenmachine

You're the boss Mod.  I will refrain from future use of said word.  May I state that I initially did not intend to cause offence, but admit it may have got slightly out of hand due to others OTT reaction to me using this adjective.

I apologise to all involved. (Except Hardy... ;) )

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 11, 2011, 09:07:27 AM
pwopa order mod; them screen wans are all racists;

twas only a few yrs back the balubas were gettin a touch; now theyre startin on the blacks (is this still ok to use) :P

god help it if a black baluba ever wandered into draperstown....

FFS, you know that has been a racist term in Ireland since the Niemba Ambush in the 1960's. Unless you are discussing the Tribe or the Irish Army's deployment to the Congo, its best not to use a term term that in all other contexts in this country is racist.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Gaaboardmod3

It's also a term of endearment for ballinascreen I believe, and probably related to slagging their reputation rather than their colour :D, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt here.

screenmachine

Walk into a bar full of Slaughtneil men and call them Baluba's and they'll probably endear you over the head with a bottle... 8)

laoislad

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on August 11, 2011, 08:57:30 AM
OK Screen, that's enough nonsense. It's perfectly obvious to most people, including yourself I suspect, that some words have racist connotations because of the way they have been used in the past in a derogatory way. Darkie is certainly one of those words, and maybe you should consider why the image you selected to somehow prove your point decided to change their name and their logo.

In anycase , Rule 4 precludes racist posts and in my view, whether you agree or not, terms like darkie are unacceptable when describing black people and a violation of that rule, so please stop now. And do me a favour, don't try and be clever and start using some other 'innocent' word that you know has the same connotations, about any race.

Is it still ok to say BIFFO ?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: laoislad on August 11, 2011, 09:39:25 AM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on August 11, 2011, 08:57:30 AM

Is it still ok to say BIFFO ?

or BUFFALO?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on August 11, 2011, 09:28:00 AM
It's also a term of endearment for ballinascreen I believe, and probably related to slagging their reputation rather than their colour :D, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt here.

good man mod, bit of a faux pas gettin the screen mixed up with the neilers, soon corrected tho ;D

if ye were to bar me for that, id say youd be barrin round 60% o the derry thread lol ;D

Hardy

Quote from: screenmachine on August 11, 2011, 09:15:44 AM
You're the boss Mod.  I will refrain from future use of said word.  May I state that I initially did not intend to cause offence, but admit it may have got slightly out of hand due to others OTT reaction to me using this adjective.

I apologise to all involved. (Except Hardy... ;) )

Why would you need to apologise to me?