Tottenham riots

Started by Forever Green, August 07, 2011, 02:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 10, 2011, 01:18:24 PM
Who's to say that a few of those lowland Scots Presbyterians that were kicked out of Scotland didn't end up having their great great great great great grandchildren contributing to Tyrone three Sams compared to Londonderry's measly one? I'm reasonably grateful for that! ;) :D[/quote]
No chance, sure you boys are inbred, you wouldn't be allowing any new blood into the lines.  Although, the picts were tiny wee savage lads and they were scottish, so......

Trout

All the looters are probably knackered at work today.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Hardy

If you want to find out whether the term "darkie" is offensive, there's a simple test you can apply. Walk into any pub frequented by black people and greet them as "darkies".

screenmachine

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 10, 2011, 01:55:21 PM
Screenmachine has a history of racist remarks....

screenmachine
Re: Islamists threaten South Park
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:34:23 AM »
QuoteIt must be no craic at all being a towel head...

I hope we've no Muslims on here or I could be in for a while kickin by the sounds of things...

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16040.0

A classy individual...

I could trawl back through plenty of your posts and clearly identify you as being a grumpy dickhead but I'll not bother, I have better things to be at.

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 02:25:01 PM
If you want to find out whether the term "darkie" is offensive, there's a simple test you can apply. Walk into any pub frequented by black people and greet them as "darkies".

Walk into a pub frequented by black people and greet them as "black people" and you will probably get a similar reaction...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Hardy

Absolutely not. "Black" is the preferred term of black people in referring to their race. "Darkie" certainly isn't, any more than gollywog, nigger or a hundred other disrespectful terms.

screenmachine

Just to back up my argument I found this description online...

darkie
a good looking, medium chocolate man; a delicious piece of dark meat
"hey check out that black guy over there...(checks out), sorry hunny that is not a black man, that is a darkie... he is one fineee piece of meat.."

Point proved.  It's hard to beat the Darkies... :-*

Edit:
Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 02:32:21 PM
Absolutely not. "Black" is the preferred term of black people in referring to their race. "Darkie" certainly isn't, any more than gollywog, nigger or a hundred other disrespectful terms.

How many Darkies have you surveyed to find out this information?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

maddog

Just had a walk into town at lunchtime, 2 things struck me - first no feral little scrotes hanging round, second was virtually no cops either. Its either over, or its the calm before the storm.

Hardy

You're just acting the tool, screenmachine.

screenmachine

Ok, I'll rephrase it.

How many good looking, medium chocolate men did you survey?

I hope there's nothing to offend you in here.  Perhaps you don't like chocolate?

Trout

I really dont like blacks, does that make me a racist?
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Anyone see the disgusting picture of a big lad robbing a smaller man of all his clothes bar his socks and jocks. Basically the smaller man looks humiliated as the bigger man waits for the clothes to be handed over.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 10, 2011, 02:43:32 PM
Anyone see the disgusting picture of a big lad robbing a smaller man of all his clothes bar his socks and jocks. Basically the smaller man looks humiliated as the bigger man waits for the clothes to be handed over.

No, post a link please.

Hardy

Quote from: screenmachine on August 10, 2011, 02:40:15 PM
Ok, I'll rephrase it.

How many good looking, medium chocolate men did you survey?

I hope there's nothing to offend you in here.  Perhaps you don't like chocolate?

Why do you think I'm offended? I'm simply trying to point out the error of your assumption that "darkie" is an acceptable way to refer to black pepople. I'm not black. If I was I'd be offended if you called me a darkie. If I was near you and lost my self control, I'd punch you.

Quote from: Trout on August 10, 2011, 02:41:46 PM
I really dont like blacks, does that make me a racist?

Yes.

screenmachine

QuoteWhy do you think I'm offended? I'm simply trying to point out the error of your assumption that "darkie" is an acceptable way to refer to black pepople. I'm not black. If I was I'd be offended if you called me a darkie. If I was near you and lost my self control, I'd punch you.

What if someone finds the term 'black' offensive?  Does that mean that your adjective is no longer an acceptable way to address Darkies?

If I was a Darkie and called myself a Darkie in much the same way that the term Nigger/Nigga/Niggaz is loosely used by Darkies to describe themselves would you still be as angry?

Trout

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 10, 2011, 02:45:30 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 10, 2011, 02:43:32 PM

No, post a link please.

There is a photo of it in todays Mirror.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule