Kilkenny vs Waterford - All Ireland semi final 07/06/2011

Started by Ash Smoker, August 05, 2011, 10:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Shefflin still has it after those two bad injuries, though he has a nasty wee streak about him lately, ya get that as ya get older ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

A Waterford goal could make this interesting. Pity they shot so many wides this half.

AZOffaly

These Kilkenny forwards have turned into Me feiners. How many wides from 60 yards?

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 07, 2011, 05:10:45 PM
A Waterford goal could make this interesting. Pity they shot so many wides this half.

Don't think it would have mattered,Killkenny had another few gears left in them if they needed it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

Awful stuff, a very poor game and if Kilkenny can't up it they'll be hammered by Tipp, and it will be Tipp.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on August 07, 2011, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 07, 2011, 05:10:45 PM

Don't think it would have mattered,Killkenny had another few gears left in them if they needed it.
Probably but would have been interesting to see.

lilpaulie85

waterford made too many unforced errors and all too often took the wrong option. In the second half they lost all shape in around the mid third giving kilkenny all to easy ball out of their defence. Kilkenny deserved winners even if i did think they were filthy out there today but if the ref doesn't punish you its a not a foul i guess, should have been down to 14 early on for what were 2 yellow card offences by the number 10 ( cant remember who was 10 for the life of me ) and really should have been down to 13 after a horrible stroke on noel connors. All that said cant see that level been anywhere near the level needed to topple tipp (should they overcome dublin of course).
Chase the dream not the competition.

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 07, 2011, 04:51:35 PM
Eoin Larkin's first touch is woeful. Cha should be on here.

Kilkenny are far off the pace and standard they will need if they play Tipp.

James Cha Fitzpatrick, is it? Canning would swoon if he had a chance to add him to his continual name checking of Michael Brick Walsh. I'm certain nobody else in the world calls him that. His mates call him Brick; his parents call him Michael. Only an annoying hoor would call him Micheal Brick Walsk EVERY f****n time.

And we had at least five huge ones down today.

And dozens of pock outs. That accent doesn't exist anywhere else other than in Canning's annoying hoor of a larynx.

Zulu

What about ''dexterity'', ''latitude'' and ''enterprising''? There's a good few more words that Ger uses that nobody, in any walk of life uses, especially describing human movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on August 07, 2011, 06:56:57 PM

James Cha Fitzpatrick, is it? Canning would swoon if he had a chance to add him to his continual name checking of Michael Brick Walsh. I'm certain nobody else in the world calls him that. His mates call him Brick; his parents call him Michael. Only an annoying hoor would call him Micheal Brick Walsk EVERY f****n time.

And dozens of pock outs. That accent doesn't exist anywhere else other than in Canning's annoying hoor of a larynx.
I don't think you care much for Ger's commentary.

johnneycool

Kilkenny not firing on all cylinders but still had enough for a gutsy Waterford.

As Duignan pointed out in the commentary in the second half, Kilkenny played aimless high balls into the Waterford defence and hoped for the best. The Waterford fullback line coped admirably with it but a Tipp (being a bit forward I know) defence will eat it up and put a bit more quality into their own forwards than Waterford managed.

Game was poor enough in the second half and at one point looked like two games of backs and forwards at either end of the field.

Did Cody overdo the blanket defence a bit and allow Waterford to pick off a few points to close the gap?

orangeman

Kilkeny always had another gear and didn't seem to want to beat them out the gate -

Pressure on Tipp now - Dublin have no pressure next week.

Minder

It must be frustrating to be a Waterford forward, the amount of times they fucked about with short passes in the half back/midfield areas when they were under no pressure was criminal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

spuds

Quote from: Hardy on August 07, 2011, 06:56:57 PM

Would that be the Montenotteeeeeeeee accent ? Do they do a lot of foraging there ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard