Brendan Lillis

Started by Nally Stand, August 04, 2011, 12:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

The way things are going, we might find out in due course. Ford would have some questions to answer that he has squirmed away from to date.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2011, 11:58:37 AM
The cynic in me would think that Lillis had no interest in going to trial for the kidnapping charge, as from what i remember he was caught red handed, the peelers followed his car from West Belfast and scooped him from behind the house in question, maybe they were orienteering or sightseeing, i don't know. He was facing another long jail term. Perhaps his plan was to "get sick" and get released on compassionate grounds, only a prison quack is a lot harder to fool than your local quack that is filling in your DLA forms.

I would bet what little money i have that if he was released he would live for another 20 years and perhaps even make a "miraculous recovery", and find time to take up his hobbies again, like tiger kidnapping and general criminality.

As regards David Fords competence or otherwise, SF and DUP put him there, so suck it up as they say.

Aye he probably found himself with his spine fused as part of a cunning plan alright  ::) What about the other doctors who have seen him, and say he is seriously ill and should not be in prison? Are they just easier fooled by Lillis than prison doctors are?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 05, 2011, 10:34:34 AM
It's worth mentioning that Ford is basing his views on what prison doctors are telling him and totally ignoring the views of other independent doctors from outside the prison, including the one who accompanied Allison Morris on her visit who said the man is too sick to be in a prison.
What doctor accompanied The Irish News? Can any doctor just go in and carry out an examination on a prisoner? Who are the other independent doctors? How many of them? What doctor's opinion should a decision be based on?

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2011, 11:58:37 AM
As regards David Fords competence or otherwise, SF and DUP put him there, so suck it up as they say.
I'd also imagine that he's reluctant to appear to be bowing to SF demands on this, given that he has been seen as a bit of a SF/DUP 'puppet'. Appeals by other politicians may well be counter-productive in this case.

JUst retired

If he can`t be his own man  then he should`nt be there.  :o

Nally Stand

Hearing that Brendan has just been released

glens abu

Yeah great news looked like all the presssure paid off.Hope he now makes a full recovery

trasna man

Quote from: glens abu on August 18, 2011, 08:10:33 PM
Yeah great news looked like all the presssure paid off.Hope he now makes a full recovery
+1
great news

dillinger

So he can go out and commit more crime? ;) Though sounds like the right thing to do by letting him out

Minder

I have no doubt he will make a "recovery" of sorts, to enable him to take up his hobbies again.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Nally Stand

Yes minder. He didnt have a fused spine at all. He was just faking it all along. And he lay on his side without moving for months on end cos he was just faking it. Jaysus your contributions to this thread have been pathetic.

Minder

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 18, 2011, 09:55:52 PM
Yes minder. He didnt have a fused spine at all. He was just faking it all along. And he lay on his side without moving for months on end cos he was just faking it. Jaysus your contributions to this thread have been pathetic.

Was talking to my wife's uncle tonight (who has known him for years) and he said he looked worse before he was in jail. Go figure !

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on August 18, 2011, 10:02:17 PM

Was talking to my wife's uncle tonight (who has known him for years) and he said he looked worse before he was in jail. Go figure !

Right so let me get this straight, he was allegedly up to no good when he was free, yet his condition improved in jail to the extent that he couldnt move? How bad was he when he allegedly broke the law on the outside?! I suppose Allison Morris (and the doctor who accompanied her on her visit to the jail) were in on this mega scam too then when she wrote her report of his condition in the Irish News?

Minder

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 18, 2011, 10:07:50 PM

Right so let me get this straight, he was allegedly up to no good when he was free, yet his condition improved in jail to the extent that he couldnt move? How bad was he when he allegedly broke the law on the outside?! I suppose Allison Morris (and the doctor who accompanied her on her visit to the jail) were in on this mega scam too then when she wrote her report of his condition in the Irish News?

Well he has had this condition for years apparently, not every illness confines you to bed, and it didn't stop him taking part in various activities before he was finally scooped. He merely thought he looked worse the last time he saw him, when he was a free man. I could be wrong and if he dies in the next few months i will hold my hands up. I just think he had an awful lot to gain from his condition worsening, like not spending the rest of his life in jail. Anyway one thing it shows is the power and clout Sinn Fein currently have. It all reminds me of this gentleman on the left.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on August 18, 2011, 10:45:11 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on August 18, 2011, 10:07:50 PM

Well he has had this condition for years apparently, not every illness confines you to bed, and it didn't stop him taking part in various activities before he was finally scooped. He merely thought he looked worse the last time he saw him, when he was a free man. I could be wrong and if he dies in the next few months i will hold my hands up. I just think he had an awful lot to gain from his condition worsening, like not spending the rest of his life in jail. Anyway one thing it shows is the power and clout Sinn Fein currently have. It all reminds me of this gentleman on the left.

All well and good, but you have yet to explain the small matter that he hasn't been able to move for several months. Would that not be a bit of an excessive "faking it" scenario?