Rugby World Cup 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

at last, i thought we were going to need the gooch to come on and take our scores
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

deiseach

That was as good a passage of play as you'll ever see for Sexton's drop goal. Great handling and getting across the gain line in every phase. Is that really Ireland?

Capt Pat

O Connor 10 minutes for every kick. >:(

Capt Pat

Heaslip was lucky not to get a yellow for that. They will be well rested with joc kicking all the penos.

new devil

screenexile

Defence unreal it seems they saved that maul defence that was so impressive in the 6N and the Scotland game. Playing ok but need to concentrate on not conceding penalties and not kicking the ball away needlessly!

I would like us to go for the lineout a bit more with this unpredictable ball!

thewobbler

Two very evenly matched teams. Can't believe so many people have Oz as finalists and Ireland as also rans.

TORGAEL

Ireland excellent in the first half. Our scrum is well on top...our back row outstanding !

Shamrock Shore

Much improved after shaky first 10. Scrum
Excellent. Kicking poor from Sexton. It's there for the winning.

CiKe

liked the pick and go from ferris - picking up Genia that is.

Midman

My only worry is that Italy were level with Australia at half time and them got humped :(  We need even more effort from the lads second half

Game can be watched here

http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/fanaticosrugby.blogspot.com

but with Argentinian commentary

Capt Pat

Why not kick far out penalties to tye corner? The long range penos with this ball are a waste of time.

Capt Pat

Quote from: thewobbler on September 17, 2011, 10:15:25 AM
Two very evenly matched teams. Can't believe so many people have Oz as finalists and Ireland as also rans.

The second half will tell a tale in relation to how good both teams are.

mc_grens

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 17, 2011, 10:26:30 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 17, 2011, 10:15:25 AM

The second half will tell a tale in relation to how good both teams are.

Also dont forget that Oz are missing arguably the best Hooker and the best 7 in world Rugby today. Need to keep it going here though. C'mon Ireland!