Rugby World Cup 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

with france and england doing poorly today (the english might not even qualify), a good professional performance from us in tomorrow will give us the best chance EVER of a WC Final appearance. Heres hoping.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Mayo4Sam

That's competely forgetting Wales who could have beaten SA, they'll be thinking the exact same thing, beat Ireland and they can make a final
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ludermor

Aston try last few minutes, game over

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 01, 2011, 09:55:53 AM
That's competely forgetting Wales who could have beaten SA, they'll be thinking the exact same thing, beat Ireland and they can make a final

i was thinking that actually, just forgot to type it

screenexile

I think Scotland will rue that last penalty Patterson kicked. They had England on the rack and should have gone for the try at that stage.

England are piss poor and had Argentina or Scotland any try scoring threat the English would be going home now!

Valiant effort by the Scots but they just don't have the quality!

Dinny Breen

Christ that France v England quarter-final will have the two worst teams left in it.

England need to start Flood.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 01, 2011, 10:18:17 AM
Christ that France v England quarter-final will have the two worst teams left in it.

England need to start Flood.

There's a hostage to fortune if I ever saw one :D

Capt Pat

That try came from.Scotland attacking on Englands 22 and using a garyowen to try and score a try. England clear the ball and another garyowen from the Scotch gives England the attacking platform they score the try from.  Brutal tactics from the Scots just like the Argies will get you nowhere. England will lose against the first real good team they face. France? or the winners of Ireland v Wales imo.

CiKe

What in the name of God was Parks doing a garryowen for with about 4minutes left and inside opposition 22. Worst decision all match.

CiKe

Quote from: CiKe on October 01, 2011, 10:22:13 AM
What in the name of God was Parks doing a garryowen for with about 4minutes left and inside opposition 22. Worst decision all match.

Ah Pat, see you beat me to it.

trileacman

Parks is a kicker. His immediate reaction when receiving the ball is to drop it to his feet. When you see him pass he is straining against an innate reflex.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Orangemac

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 01, 2011, 09:52:32 AM
with france and england doing poorly today (the english might not even qualify), a good professional performance from us in tomorrow will give us the best chance EVER of a WC Final appearance. Heres hoping.
+1. Assuming we win tomorrow all 4 teams will fancy their chances of getting to the final. France and England don't look great shakes at the minute and you would give Ireland or Wales a great chance.

Great game today between England/Scotland bit like an Ulster championship game.

Mayo4Sam

Id say Ireland and Wales will be delighted if England beat France, they are pure muck, no scrum, no invention, a battering ram in tugalagi, tindell is poor, wilkinson has lost his kicking, ashton is a threat but fairly one dimensional
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Capt Pat

Quote from: trileacman on October 01, 2011, 01:51:25 PM
Parks is a kicker. His immediate reaction when receiving the ball is to drop it to his feet. When you see him pass he is straining against an innate reflex.

Parks is an idiot but the blame can't all be his when you gear a team up to play a certain way you can't blame them when that game plan leads to a teams down fall.

Set out to score a few tries and you might get somewhere. I don't understand the fear factor that inhibits a lot of teams at the world cup.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 01, 2011, 02:28:37 PM
Quote from: trileacman on October 01, 2011, 01:51:25 PM

Parks is an idiot but the blame can't all be his when you gear a team up to play a certain way you can't blame them when that game plan leads to a teams down fall.

Set out to score a few tries and you might get somewhere. I don't understand the fear factor that inhibits a lot of teams at the world cup.

agree 100% - you only get a chance every 4 years you may aswell go for it, may as well lose by 20 pts as 1 pt.