What football team would you like to see lift Sam?

Started by Blowitupref, August 01, 2011, 05:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What football team would you like to see lift Sam

Kerry
11 (8.1%)
Donegal
28 (20.6%)
Dublin
13 (9.6%)
Mayo
42 (30.9%)
Tyrone
42 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 136

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2011, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2011, 05:43:31 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2011, 04:13:04 PM
I'd love to see Mayo win it just to see the reaction.
Spontaneous combustion on a massive scale I'd say.
Attn certain Mayo posters: I don't actually want to see Mayo people exploding.

I think if Mayo won it, there'd be f**king mayhem. But the hard wired pessimism would cause a meltdown. It'd be great craic. I still want to see Kerry win it :)

Success would only make them cynical.

Feck off we'd be happy with our 1 in a row it would be celebrated like no other x in a rows that other teams won.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 03, 2011, 06:21:32 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 03, 2011, 05:51:16 PM

I think if Mayo won it, there'd be f**king mayhem. But the hard wired pessimism would cause a meltdown. It'd be great craic. I still want to see Kerry win it :)

I think if Mayo won it, this hard wired pessimism will creep in. They'll spend the rest of the year waiting for the DRA to come knocking and take Sam off them.

Its not far from reality. The first All-Ireland Mayo won was taken back from us after Galway insisted on the Connacht Final being played (a game they couldn't have been arsed turning up for the first time). Galway bet us in the Connacht Final and awarded our All-Ireland title  >:(

Jeezs, Mayo must be the most unfortunate county in the country.
Testing Accessibility

Jinxy

It's hard not to laugh.
Galway basically took the trophy off them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross matt

Quote from: oakleafgael on August 03, 2011, 03:42:38 PM
Would like to see Tyrone lift it this year. If they do I hope Harte continues with his stance of not speaking to RTE until he receives a full and public apology from them for the disgusting attempt at humour at his family's expense.

Would certainly make the Sunday game very interesting when they head across to the post match winner banquet.

Gold

Would like to see Tyrone lift it this year. If they do I hope Harte continues with his stance of not speaking to RTE until he receives a full and public apology from them for the disgusting attempt at humour at his family's expense.

What happened?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zulu

Would love to see Mayo win it but I don't think they can. I'd also love to see Dublin win it and I think they can, though it will be a tough route. Kerry have more than enough, Tyrone have had their fair share over the past ten years so I wouldn't like to see either team win it, if they meet in the final, I'll be shouting for Tyrone. I'd love Donegal to win one again soon but not until they become a bit more expansive. I'd fear for the immediate future of football as a spectator sport if a team can win an AI by playing their system.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

stibhan

Can someone explain this? I've heard that this happened but can't actually remember who by or what the substance of the claim was.

Fear ón Srath Bán

It was a 'skit' on the John Murray radio show, where they played snippets of Mickey Harte in answer to their own 'funny' questions.

Crass, repulsive and pathetic.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

oakleafgael

Quote from: stibhan on August 04, 2011, 12:48:09 PM

Can someone explain this? I've heard that this happened but can't actually remember who by or what the substance of the claim was.

Harte and a few other managers choose not to do any media interviews with RTE in response to the treatment of Brian Carthy, that was their decision and not one I agreed with but still theirs to make. On the John Murray show on RTE radio 1 the host had a "comedy sketch" taking the piss out of Mickey Harte by cutting parts out of other interviews he had done and putting them together as a phone conversation with Murray, they then closed the sketch by playing Pretty little girl from Omagh.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ziggysego on August 03, 2011, 07:19:55 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 03, 2011, 06:21:32 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 03, 2011, 05:51:16 PM

I think if Mayo won it, this hard wired pessimism will creep in. They'll spend the rest of the year waiting for the DRA to come knocking and take Sam off them.

Its not far from reality. The first All-Ireland Mayo won was taken back from us after Galway insisted on the Connacht Final being played (a game they couldn't have been arsed turning up for the first time). Galway bet us in the Connacht Final and awarded our All-Ireland title  >:(

Jeezs, Mayo must be the most unfortunate county in the country.
We won Connacht in 1923 or something like that, our first, and we beat Galway in the Final, and we won our AI semi, we were all set to play our first Senior All Ireland final and Galway objected as we spelt a players name wrong, oconnor without the 2 nn's ( yes it was something as pendantic as that), and Croke Park made us play the connacht final again and we lost, Galway didnt win the AI. I think we were to play Tipp. Before the replay the whole County Board resigned and Players left in protest leaving us weaker for the replayed Connacht final.

The GAA was so corrupt back then i put no value on any AI up to the 60s.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nally Stand

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 04, 2011, 01:06:16 PM
It was a 'skit' on the John Murray radio show, where they played snippets of Mickey Harte in answer to their own 'funny' questions.

Crass, repulsive and pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7go_94C6mIY
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore