Mayo V Kerry semi final

Started by Milltown Row2, July 31, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2011, 01:01:04 PM
f**k it. The shagging red jersey it is then. I hope and pray my ticket is for the Hogan so. I ordered mine last night from the club. God only knows where it will be for!
Super Value were selling lower hogan section 334 and 335 tickets. Wore the red jersey in the semi final replay v fermanagh in 04 too.

sans pessimism

Get a fukn grip re the jerseys lads-As if the likes of AD AM COC et al give a flyin f**k what colour is on their backs after 9 months of hard graft.Jeezzz give the lads a little fukn credit 
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 12, 2011, 01:02:32 PM
Get a fukn grip re the jerseys lads-As if the likes of AD AM COC et al give a flyin f**k what colour is on their backs after 9 months of hard graft.Jeezzz give the lads a little fukn credit

Alan Dillon has been remarkable all year long. Andy Moran will probably get an all-star. Cillian O'Connor has been a revelation with the frees. ;D

Anyway it's time to start thinking aobut the match itself. I believe our midfield will hold their own with Kerry to be honest and it will be a tight game and that whoever wins it will have earned it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 12, 2011, 01:45:19 PM

Alan Dillon has been remarkable all year long. Andy Moran will probably get an all-star. Cillian O'Connor has been a revelation with the frees. ;D

Anyway it's time to start thinking aobut the match itself. I believe our midfield will hold their own with Kerry to be honest and it will be a tight game and that whoever wins it will have earned it.

Midfield is key, if we win that we have a good chance of winning the game

oneoftheseyears

Totally agree! The time for piseoigs  has gone.  If these lads play like they did against Cork it will be one hell of a game!

iorras

Quote from: Chimley on August 11, 2011, 09:59:43 AM
Darragh O Sé seems to think that Mayo will park the bus a la Donegal against Kerry in his column this week.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0810/1224302182064.html

Extract:

Donegal will do that and I wouldn't see anything wrong with it at all. Neither Donegal nor Mayo will get any criticism here for how they set up in the two semi-finals. These are huge journeys those two teams are on and the last thing they should do now is change their style just because they're in the semi-final. They have to believe they can go and win the All Ireland now and do it their own way.
See, trouble in the Kerry camp. "O'Shea backs Mayo" the Sun can exclusively reveal. Although his fecken Uncle backed us before and that didn't end too well for us.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: iorras on August 13, 2011, 06:42:01 AM
Quote from: Chimley on August 11, 2011, 09:59:43 AM
Darragh O Sé seems to think that Mayo will park the bus a la Donegal against Kerry in his column this week.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0810/1224302182064.html

Extract:

Donegal will do that and I wouldn't see anything wrong with it at all. Neither Donegal nor Mayo will get any criticism here for how they set up in the two semi-finals. These are huge journeys those two teams are on and the last thing they should do now is change their style just because they're in the semi-final. They have to believe they can go and win the All Ireland now and do it their own way.
See, trouble in the Kerry camp. "O'Shea backs Mayo" the Sun can exclusively reveal. Although his fecken Uncle backed us before and that didn't end too well for us.

At this stage Mayo are unbackable. The momentum is just too much after the Cork game.

sans pessimism

Hope the surface has improved since the Cork game-Choice of footware not the problem
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

comethekingdom

Both Tony & Kevin giving Kerry the nod on TSG - Hope they're right!

seafoid

I was delighted for Mayo. Great discipline and some lovely scores and sure why wouldn't they go all the way now ?
Fabulous to keep Cork to 2 points for such a long period of play.

I saved that Dara O Se article fromearlier in the summer about how pisspoor Connacht football is and how
they need the connacht final because they have nothing else to get excited about, the craythurs. He said if Mayo got organised they would be great, implying they never would.   

maigheo

I see that Tomas oShea is an injury doubt for Kerry as he tweaked his  hamstring in a closed door game on saturday. He would be a huge loss for  the kingdom as Mayo would nearly have to deploy a player to mark him and stop his attacking runs up the field.

Chimley

Don't believe a word of it. There are always key players struggling for Kerry in the run-up to big games only to turn in man of the match performances on the day

AbbeySider

Quote from: Chimley on August 15, 2011, 09:58:53 AM
Don't believe a word of it. There are always key players struggling for Kerry in the run-up to big games only to turn in man of the match performances on the day

+1

Kerry cute hoorism. You could nearly set your watch to it  ::)

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 15, 2011, 10:06:44 AM

+1

Indeed usual nonsense alright, gooch on a bender with donaghy, galvin lands modelling contract with CK and must travel to milan day of mayo game................yerra yerra

AbbeySider

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 15, 2011, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on August 15, 2011, 10:06:44 AM

+1

Indeed usual nonsense alright, gooch on a bender with donaghy, galvin lands modelling contract with CK and must travel to milan day of mayo game................yerra yerra

Brosnan being dropped causing major ructions in the camp

Quirke walking off the panel after bust up with O Connor

Killorglin baby tested postive for cryptosporidium  :P