Mayo V Kerry semi final

Started by Milltown Row2, July 31, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2011, 08:15:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 31, 2011, 07:33:45 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 31, 2011, 07:29:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2011, 07:23:36 PM
Listen, Mayo came outta the 'Weakest' Province.
We nearly got beat by London,needing extra time to fall over the line.
We beat a weakened and burned out Cork team.

Really, this will be another easy turn over for Kerry, there is nothing to say otherwise.
Kerry have no suspensions or injuries this year.
They have climitised to the big loss of players they had 2 years ago due to defections and retirements.
Luckily it's Kerry they are playing or there would be no tickets for us for the Minor game  ;D ;D

Still it won't stop upwards of 30,000 Mayo fans traveling to this Semi final now.

Listen there will be no run on tickets, Mayo have suffered two humiliating defeats in AI Finals to Kerry in 04 and 06. The general fan still has memories of this. For today we will enjoy our victory, but as Paudi would say Kerry are a different animal.

+1 We can enjoy today, but Kerry are still big favourates.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mylestheslasher

In o sheas defence he slipped a couple of times and for whatever reason there was a lot of players slipping across both games today.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 31, 2011, 08:29:08 PM
In o sheas defence he slipped a couple of times and for whatever reason there was a lot of players slipping across both games today.

And yesterday. Did they relay the pitch again after that concert?

Orangemac

Quote from: ross4life on July 31, 2011, 08:19:27 PM
We'll see bunker. Apparently Tomas O'Shea said in a interview after the Limerick game that they had three weeks to get ready for Cork.
Saw that but in fairness he was only saying what most people outside Mayo were thinking.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Orangemac on July 31, 2011, 11:27:40 PM
We'll see bunker. Apparently Tomas O'Shea said in a interview after the Limerick game that they had three weeks to get ready for Cork.
Saw that but in fairness he was only saying what most people outside Mayo were thinking.

Didn't hear the interview, a thats brilliant, exactly the kind of talk we want out of the Kerry lads. Hope they start thinking about the final against the Dubs or Tyrone (Donegal).

Kerry Mike

We beat a weakened and burned out Cork team.

Burnt out from what? Couihan lost this game today for Cork. Naming N. Murphy at 14 was supposed to be some kind of master stroke and then bringing him on to somehow save the game blew up big time.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Shrewdness

There's no 'apparently' about it. He did say it.

When Mayo were scoring those winning points yesterday, you could hear the Kerry accents in the crowd outcheering the Mayo one's :D

EC Unique

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 01, 2011, 08:26:52 AM

There's no 'apparently' about it. He did say it.

When Mayo were scoring those winning points yesterday, you could hear the Kerry accents in the crowd outcheering the Mayo one's :D

All 3 of them?

Farrandeelin

Ah sure it'll probably end up a victory for Kerry. At least it'll offer them opposition from a different province before the decider anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

The Semi final pairings has a good traditional feel about it, All provincial champions & no back door teams to seen here.

Kerry v Mayo
Tipperary v Roscommon

I hope the Mayo fans are in early to offer their support.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on August 01, 2011, 03:37:08 PM
The Semi final pairings has a good traditional feel about it, All provincial champions & no back door teams to seen here.

Kerry v Mayo
Tipperary v Roscommon

I hope the Mayo fans are in early to offer their support.

I intend flying home for the Semi, will be cheering on the Green over the Red and the Primrose & Blue.

Mayo4Sam

Be great to have Tipp or the rossies in the AIF, be a good occasion for either countys supporters.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be there to see them, Kerry have too many attacking options for our man to man marking
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

sans pessimism

mabye Tomas was talking about his holidays in Kinsale!!!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

sans pessimism

If Mayo play with the same intensity as y/day,in 3 weeks time it will be some game
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

RedandGreenSniper

Possible Mayo match ups.

Higgins on Gooch, Cunniffe on Darran O'Sullivan, Alan Feeney (to come in for Caff) on Donaghy, Mort on Declan O'Sullivan, Richie Feeney on Walsh and Vaughan on Galvin. While Mort would be the best man for Galvin, he's also the best man for O'Sullivan and I know who I'd sooner see kept quiet. Higgins has the bit of cuteness for Gooch that Cunniffe wouldn't have, the out and out speed battle between Cunniffe and Darran O'Sullivan will be interesting too.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year