Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 713688 times)

Angelo

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #5355 on: January 16, 2020, 04:56:57 PM »
Brolly a legend hes not afraid to speak his voice.

He's a good man to talk the talk but nowhere near man enough to walk it.

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

Aside from Eir Sports?????

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html

OK, we agree he can be all those things, vindictive, nasty and spiteful, as shown in the example above, but 'but nowhere near man enough to walk it'. The man gave one of his kidneys ffs.
The state of you Tyrone boys and Joe Brolly  ;D

So what?

It doesn't excuse some of the poisonous things he has completely fabricated in recent years to settle scores.

Yeah, covered under' vindictive'. You Tyrone boys are obsessed with Brolly

And a past act from Brolly does not excuse the nasty and spiteful jibes he has put forward over the past few years, many of which he has based on complete fabrications.

He is a nasty character.

Brolly is a very generous and benevolent person as shown by giving a kidney to save a life and all the work he does for organ donation. He’s really passionate about football but hates cheating and defensive crap football. Hence why Tyrone have come in for a lot of criticism from him. He calls it as it is though and he will be missed on rte.

Nope, he peddles blatant mistruths to further his agenda and it can be extremely vindictive and nasty too. I won't divulge much into his personal life but you can probably find a lot of answers there too.

So much hatred, poison and obsession. Such a cheap shot to leave hanging. Haters are gonna hate... Tyronies need to let it go.

Brolly is the expert in hatred, poison and obsession. I think the guy should look at his own life before moralising and pontificating about others.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: January 16, 2020, 06:38:10 PM »
Brolly puts his real name to what he writes

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: January 16, 2020, 06:56:03 PM »

A pity he wouldn't put real names to the stories he fabricates when he does a hatchet on individuals in the GAA.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: January 16, 2020, 07:17:27 PM »

A pity he wouldn't put real names to the stories he fabricates when he does a hatchet on individuals in the GAA.

Angelo you’re more obsessed with brolly than piers morgan is about meghan markle. I know meghan shot piers down once but what did brolly do to you that you’re taking it so personally?

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: January 16, 2020, 07:41:31 PM »
Its a bit scary the anger/hatred some posters have for Brolly.

I watched his interview on OTB on youtube and enjoyed it. Agree totally with him in terms of shortening inter county season. Clearly doesn't take himself too serious and looking forward to seeing him on Eir

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: January 16, 2020, 07:48:34 PM »

Angelo you’re more obsessed with brolly than piers morgan is about meghan markle. I know meghan shot piers down once but what did brolly do to you that you’re taking it so personally?

It's bizarre the way the Derry lads are rallying around Brolly after he has being outed as a self-obsessed, narcissistic hypocrite.

I don't take anything that Brolly did personally. I just judge him on his actions and words and they don't convey him as a very pleasant man.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: January 16, 2020, 09:47:53 PM »

It's bizarre the way the Derry lads are rallying around Brolly after he has being outed as a self-obsessed, narcissistic hypocrite.

I don't take anything that Brolly did personally. I just judge him on his actions and words and they don't convey him as a very pleasant man.

But but but but he donated a kidney so that automatically excuses from anything he says and he’s supposedly only ‘playing a character’ on tv.

MayoBuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:24 PM »
Personally I couldn't stand Brolly on the Sunday Game. He made it extremely difficult for other pundits to have their say, constantly cutting across them and interrupting the presenters as well. It made for very uncomfortable viewing. That's before you get into his bizarre spiteful rants against mcgeeney, Cavanagh, gough's red card decision and many others. RTE is better for his absence.

The likes of today's off the ball is fine where he can just talk away on his own without anyone challenging his nonsense.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: January 16, 2020, 11:47:53 PM »
Some people take him far too seriously. He is a contradictory figure who I find myself loving and hating in equal measures but you never really know what you are going to get from him. A TV studio with limited speaking time does not suit Brolly at all, I found him much more engaging and less irritable in a podcast/radio format where he can just bladder away freely. He doesn’t like being challenged and it is why the Sunday Game format increasingly did not suit him especially after Michael Lyster retired.

What happened Hugh Cahill on 2FM, thought he was a very good host of Game On on 2FM but he seems to have disappeared off the airwaves and the show hasn’t been the same since.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: January 16, 2020, 11:57:52 PM »

What happened Hugh Cahill on 2FM, thought he was a very good host of Game On on 2FM but he seems to have disappeared off the airwaves and the show hasn’t been the same since.

I was wondering that myself. Alan Cawley and Gary Murphy were good in the studio alongside him too. I don’t listen to it now at all since it’s new format. Gone to the dogs altogether.

DuffleKing

• View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: January 17, 2020, 12:17:11 AM »

The Joe man spoke a lot this week about the value of the GAA and the fun he had working for RTE. One thing he didn't do was make a single argument to rationalise why he should have been retained or to outline what he brings to "analysis" around games. It looks to me that RTE have decided that talking nonsense and relaying mostly fabricated and unrelated tales is no longer what they want to provide around games under the name of professional insight.

The SKY approach has shown RTE up and they finally realise that the typical GAA person is as interested in informed analysis as any other sports fan. That's a point Joe has still failed to grasp - no matter how entertainlingly he reasons otherwise.

shawshank

• View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: January 17, 2020, 12:59:09 AM »
How has the sky approached showed RTE up, nobodies watching  Sky, the figures back it up?🧐

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: January 17, 2020, 08:50:01 AM »
How has the sky approached showed RTE up, nobodies watching  Sky, the figures back it up?🧐

RTE hardly cover any football. It's a hurling station, f**k them.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: January 17, 2020, 08:54:13 AM »
Brolly a legend hes not afraid to speak his voice.

He's a good man to talk the talk but nowhere near man enough to walk it.

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

Aside from Eir Sports?????

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html

OK, we agree he can be all those things, vindictive, nasty and spiteful, as shown in the example above, but 'but nowhere near man enough to walk it'. The man gave one of his kidneys ffs.
The state of you Tyrone boys and Joe Brolly  ;D

So what?

It doesn't excuse some of the poisonous things he has completely fabricated in recent years to settle scores.

Yeah, covered under' vindictive'. You Tyrone boys are obsessed with Brolly

And a past act from Brolly does not excuse the nasty and spiteful jibes he has put forward over the past few years, many of which he has based on complete fabrications.

He is a nasty character.

Brolly is a very generous and benevolent person as shown by giving a kidney to save a life and all the work he does for organ donation. He’s really passionate about football but hates cheating and defensive crap football. Hence why Tyrone have come in for a lot of criticism from him. He calls it as it is though and he will be missed on rte.

Nope, he peddles blatant mistruths to further his agenda and it can be extremely vindictive and nasty too. I won't divulge much into his personal life but you can probably find a lot of answers there too.

So much hatred, poison and obsession. Such a cheap shot to leave hanging. Haters are gonna hate... Tyronies need to let it go.

Feck me there's as much whining from the Derry (And Armagh as it happens!!)  posters about Tyrone ones disliking their wee Joe. It's equally as cringworthy as some of the comments on Joe. Some people don't like him. Not the end of the world lads. While I'm sure Joe admires your staunch defense of his name, I'd also say he doesn't give one iota of a sh!te to what is posted on T'internet about him.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: January 17, 2020, 10:00:10 AM »

RTE hardly cover any football. It's a hurling station, f**k them.

There's far more competitive games in the Hurling, especially in the early weeks of the championship. That's not RTÉ's fault.