Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 788159 times)

yellowcard

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #5280 on: January 13, 2020, 02:50:00 PM »
Fair play to Joe, he gave RTE the boot. Corporate greed was the straw that broke the camels back with RTE and Joe among a few other reasons. Now hes elsewhere voicing his analysis on the game. The jealously is outrageous. Sour, sour posters on here today.

I think it was the other way around. It was RTE who gave Joe the boot, he was dropped from their live broadcast for the AI final replay and Joanne Cantwell lost confidence in his abilities as an analyst. I'm certainly no fan of the new RTE snowflake approach across all sports of constantly looking for balance and having a whole host of bland pundits who are afraid to offer an honest opinion for fear of saying anything remotely controversial for fear of offending. However in the case of Brolly he was beginning to become really irksome and that only worsened whenever Michael Lyster left.   

As for the jealously argument, jealous of what exactly?   

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: January 13, 2020, 02:57:28 PM »
Fair play to Joe, he gave RTE the boot. Corporate greed was the straw that broke the camels back with RTE and Joe among a few other reasons. Now hes elsewhere voicing his analysis on the game. The jealously is outrageous. Sour, sour posters on here today.

I think it was the other way around. It was RTE who gave Joe the boot, he was dropped from their live broadcast for the AI final replay and Joanne Cantwell lost confidence in his abilities as an analyst. I'm certainly no fan of the new RTE snowflake approach across all sports of constantly looking for balance and having a whole host of bland pundits who are afraid to offer an honest opinion for fear of saying anything remotely controversial for fear of offending. However in the case of Brolly he was beginning to become really irksome and that only worsened whenever Michael Lyster left.   

As for the jealously argument, jealous of what exactly?

I think it was a tongue in cheek post.

Beginning? Heís been unlistenable for at least a decade. Iím glad to see the back of the bollix.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: January 13, 2020, 03:17:11 PM »
He's definitely confirmed for Eir Sport... will be interested to hear how he squares that circle!!!

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: January 13, 2020, 03:37:18 PM »
Not a year and a half ago someone on twitter accused Joe of not being that interested really in the elderly and people in nursing homes being able to watch free to air GAA matches, and accused him of having had a vested interest in his role as an RT… pundit.

Joe got tetchy and called the person making the claims "a little shit" and began talking about the values of the free to air GAA that he believes so passionately in and of his dislike for people like Mickey Harte who disagree with him over the issue. He's the evergreen tweet where Joe puts the cherry nicely on the top:

"I donít. I dislike the man intensely and what he stands for but thatís a personal matter. As for RT… itís the public broadcaster and I enjoy it but I would never for example work with SKY or Eir. I am first and foremost a GAA man. What else do we have?"
https://twitter.com/JoeBrolly1993/status/1158750353896218624

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: January 13, 2020, 04:37:18 PM »
 ;D

The more shite people spout with opinions they form on the spot the more likely they are to form other opinions on the spot that contradict what they previously said. In summary those that are full of shit will always be full of shit ;D

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: January 13, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »
He's definitely confirmed for Eir Sport... will be interested to hear how he squares that circle!!!

Is eir sport not free for anyone with eir broadband. That must be a huge number of people in the south based on them being the biggest broadband provider. Can we get eir sport in the north if we donít have sky? Does anyone know?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: January 13, 2020, 05:16:41 PM »
You lads just don't see the big picture. It's not that Joe is in any way hypocritical - he's now shelving his own morals to educate the rich folk so disconnected to the real world they can afford to pay for Eir. A man truly underappreciated in his own time.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: January 14, 2020, 09:33:55 AM »

Is eir sport not free for anyone with eir broadband. That must be a huge number of people in the south based on them being the biggest broadband provider. Can we get eir sport in the north if we donít have sky? Does anyone know?

They would have to be paying for a subscription to a TV package from Sky, Eir, Virgin etc in the first place to avail of this so it's not free.

It's just Brolly being a snide hypocrite, in true snide Derry fashion.

timmyot501

• View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: January 14, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »
You can avail of Eir sports package if you have eir broadband package via their app.  I do not have sky, Virgin or Eir TV package but I can avail of the Eir sports app for free once my broadband is with eir.  I can then chromecast eir sports from my phone to the TV.  It also includes virgin media sports pack now. (this use to be BT Sports)

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: January 14, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
You can avail of Eir sports package if you have eir broadband package via their app.  I do not have sky, Virgin or Eir TV package but I can avail of the Eir sports app for free once my broadband is with eir.  I can then chromecast eir sports from my phone to the TV.  It also includes virgin media sports pack now. (this use to be BT Sports)

But what about the wee old man living in rural Ireland with no access or cant afford broadband. Not fit to leave the house to go to a neighbour or a pub. Him relying on these weekly games to keep him going.

Or the man lying up in hospital with no access to Eir Sport.

Joe was very worried about these people last year when Sky and Eir showing games. He was close to tears telling these sad stories.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #5290 on: January 14, 2020, 10:42:13 AM »
Joe might use his payments from eir to get those folks connected to the pay channels......
Yah right....
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:32 AM »

hes a man of the people our Joe, thinking of the bigger picture.

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: January 14, 2020, 12:25:18 PM »
Joe being shown up for what he is. No integrity at all. The poor wee old men lying up in the hospital beds will be devastated. I really did not think he would do it.

Gaagaagaa20

• View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: January 14, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
Joe being shown up for what he is. No integrity at all. The poor wee old men lying up in the hospital beds will be devastated. I really did not think he would do it.
Has to find some way of keeping himself relevant.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: January 14, 2020, 06:10:35 PM »
Has to find some way of keeping himself relevant.

Thatís exactly what itís all about.