Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 834382 times)

Jinxy

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
The primary difference between male and female TV presenters is that female TV presenters have to be good looking.
That's hardly her fault.
She has a competitive sports background, is Irish, works for Sky and seems like an intelligent woman.
Brolly has let himself down badly with that comment.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
The primary difference between male and female TV presenters is that female TV presenters have to be good looking.
That's hardly her fault.
She has a competitive sports background, is Irish, works for Sky and seems like an intelligent woman.

He has continually let himself down for quite a while now. In his head he's funny and he's smarter than everyone else so he can say what he likes.

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »
As long as he keeps raising money for charity and highlighting illness then he can say whatever the hell he likes!!

Get over it.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2014, 09:45:39 AM »
As long as he keeps raising money for charity and highlighting illness then he can say whatever the hell he likes!!

Get over it.

Two seperate things - no he cant say what he wants.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2014, 09:46:17 AM »

Get over it.

That's no excuse for acting the p***k.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 21, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »
Please add #sackbrolly to any tweets you write on this topic.

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:40 AM »
That's hardly her fault.

Why? Is that comment itself not sexist?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

sheamy

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2014, 10:17:23 AM »
Google search 'Sky Sports Presenter'

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sky+sports+presenters&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g258U6KYLIyV7AaFvIGoDw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=896

Get off your high horses. Brolly is merely making a point about the nature of Sky Sports presentation. It's aimed at a primarily male audience.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:07 AM »
Brolly is not making a point at all. He's insulting the woman for no other reason than his nose is out of joint because maybe RTE will have some real competition now. And having a woman as an anchor is no bad thing at all, if she is knowledgeable about sport and sporting competition. I think Evanne Ni Chulainn would do a good job in that role on RTE as well. Watch this space if the Sky approach is successful.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
Google search 'Sky Sports Presenter'

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sky+sports+presenters&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g258U6KYLIyV7AaFvIGoDw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=896

Get off your high horses. Brolly is merely making a point about the nature of Sky Sports presentation. It's aimed at a primarily male audience.

Spot the odd one out...

sheamy

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Brolly is not making a point at all. He's insulting the woman for no other reason than his nose is out of joint because maybe RTE will have some real competition now. And having a woman as an anchor is no bad thing at all, if she is knowledgeable about sport and sporting competition. I think Evanne Ni Chulainn would do a good job in that role on RTE as well. Watch this space if the Sky approach is successful.

Sounds like making a point to me.

@JoeBrolly1993: SKY's entrenched beautiful anchor formula is shamelessly sexist, designed for their overwhelmingly male audience. That is the point.

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »
That's hardly her fault.

Why? Is that comment itself not sexist?

That's the reality, not my opinion.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

cockahoop

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
So the fact that SKY  are using a good looking blonde Irish girl as there anchor is just a coincidence?? i think not,Joe is 100% right,she was hardly picked for her indepth knowledge of GAA!!Dont be so bloody niave and get over your selfrightous bullshit

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »
So the fact that SKY  are using a good looking blonde Irish girl as there anchor is just a coincidence?? i think not,Joe is 100% right,she was hardly picked for her indepth knowledge of GAA!!Dont be so bloody niave and get over your selfrightous bullshit

No, Peter Canavan and James O'Connor are there for that. She is an experienced presenter with all the credentials to do the job - Brolly knows exactly what he's doing with his cheap dig, trying to discredit the sky coverage before it even starts. The same way he was sniggering about how Jim White etc were pronouncing some of the counties. He's a little bully boy who needs his little cheerleaders like yourself to keep his own profile. If you are suggesting that a woman is incapable of presenting a GAA show then just come out and say it.
That was never a square ball!!

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »

I don't think that's fair AZ. Sure he said himself it's TV3 plus Baywatch babe and he never had a problem with TV3 having some games. He was against Sky from the start because it was a Murdock corporation and the fact it was behind a paywall. I don't think Brolly gives two hoots about competition.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...