Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 691766 times)

J OGorman

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #495 on: April 19, 2014, 11:44:54 PM »
Dick Clerkin and Brolly seem to be continually sniping on Twitter. Not sure what has started it.

A few years ago, Monaghan V Derry, Celtic Park. Clerkin nearly had his eyes gouged out by Doherty. Brolly post match on RTE said Monaghan were the gurriers of Ulster football, never retracted. Doherty 'canonised' by Brolly, GAA hearing cleared of all charges on the basis of Brolly's defense...Clerkin ban stuck...

Because Clerkin was found out as a spoiler with limited ability! He's been going round for a decade raking lads heels and hitting them off the ball because he can't compete on a footballing level just ask Dara O'Se!

Doherty plays football ask anyone but if you want to start on him he won't shy away! I was at all those games and Clerkin got all he deserved!
To quote Clerkin himself (in Declan Bogues book ) "Fergal plays hard, plays fair,I took it to the edge, it was just a case of stopping him and stopping him playing "

There was only one team in Celtic Pk that sunny afternoon who wanted to play football and it wasn't Monaghan. Ferbie met fire with fire.

Mrs mills

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 20, 2014, 09:32:30 AM »
So, what can we do on the discussion boards to check the validity of the Sunday Times story that O'Neills has been outsourcing some of its manufacturing to Bangladesh and to implore the GAA to do something about it if true?

babarino

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 20, 2014, 09:51:47 AM »
Dick Clerkin and Brolly seem to be continually sniping on Twitter. Not sure what has started it.

A few years ago, Monaghan V Derry, Celtic Park. Clerkin nearly had his eyes gouged out by Doherty. Brolly post match on RTE said Monaghan were the gurriers of Ulster football, never retracted. Doherty 'canonised' by Brolly, GAA hearing cleared of all charges on the basis of Brolly's defense...Clerkin ban stuck...

Because Clerkin was found out as a spoiler with limited ability! He's been going round for a decade raking lads heels and hitting them off the ball because he can't compete on a footballing level just ask Dara O'Se!

Doherty plays football ask anyone but if you want to start on him he won't shy away! I was at all those games and Clerkin got all he deserved!
To quote Clerkin himself (in Declan Bogues book ) "Fergal plays hard, plays fair,I took it to the edge, it was just a case of stopping him and stopping him playing "

There was only one team in Celtic Pk that sunny afternoon who wanted to play football and it wasn't Monaghan. Ferbie met fire with fire.

Either you weren't there or you're seriously deluded.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 20, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »
So, what can we do on the discussion boards to check the validity of the Sunday Times story that O'Neills has been outsourcing some of its manufacturing to Bangladesh and to implore the GAA to do something about it if true?

I'm not Joe Brolly's biggest fan but I'm not sure you can blame him for this.
That was never a square ball!!

J OGorman

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 20, 2014, 12:50:56 PM »

Maybe open a thread rather than post the same question in a dozen other threads ye big article ye ;-)

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 20, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »

There's only one deluded person in here.

J OGorman

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 20, 2014, 09:42:01 PM »

I was there of course and still have the game recorded. Monaghan arrived that day to act the wag(Dick in particular) thinking Derry had a soft under belly and were gonna bully their way to victory. Anyone saying different is a blinkered Monaghan man

babarino

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 20, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »

I was there of course and still have the game recorded. Monaghan arrived that day to act the wag(Dick in particular) thinking Derry had a soft under belly and were gonna bully their way to victory. Anyone saying different is a blinkered Monaghan man

GAA revisionism is alive and well in Derry. Does your recording include Brolly's rant to confirm your warped viewing? If you recall the Celtic Park match followed two previous championship drubbings dished out by Monaghan to Derry in Casement. You then got a home venue, a weak ref, an eye gouging man possessed in midfield,  and a hatchet job on Conor Mc Manus.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:53:51 PM by babarino »

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 20, 2014, 11:08:25 PM »
Youy didnt do much dishing out when the 2 bradleys ran riot in Monaghan in the following qualfier,whats your excuse there,

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 21, 2014, 12:05:33 AM »
I remember fergal reaching his hand out before the game to shake hands and receiveing a punch in the solar plexus from the bold dick , it definitely set the tone for the game ( to all the dick defenders it would be worth reading Declan Bogues book )

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 21, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »
Conor Gormley would put manners on both these hard men...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:49:51 PM by rrhf »

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 21, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »

Haha your some craic. Obv dont know much about big Doc!!

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 21, 2014, 05:00:32 PM »

Elbows are no longer legal tender on the football field.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 21, 2014, 05:04:19 PM »
Gormley, Clerkin, Doherty, O'Neill's, Bangladesh... they're all getting it on the Joe Brolly thread!

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 21, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »
Why does everyone over 5'10" in Ulster get 'big' stuck in front of their name?
Big Dick, Big Doc, Big Tom etc.
If you were any use you'd be playing.