Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 691367 times)

Louth Exile

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #315 on: October 08, 2012, 11:43:05 AM »
Fair Play to you Joe
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Maroon Heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 08, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »
Know Shane is a proud Antrim man and I'm sure he is delighted to have an All Ireland winning Kidney in him. Its impossible to describe the gesture by Joe Brolly. What he has done is given Shane & his wife, children, Family & Friends a large part of his life back. 3 days a week for the last 4 years he would have to leave work at 5pm, go the Royal for 7.30 and have 3-4 hrs Dialysis treatment.

Fair Play Mr Brolly - I hope everything works out for all concerned.

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 08, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »
Brolly gave up his kidney and two months work? W.O.W.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Feckitt

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 08, 2012, 03:21:43 PM »
Brolly gave up his kidney and two months work? W.O.W.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!!!  Generosity will repay itself tenfold.  If you give you will recieve.  Fortune favours the brave.

Most of these oul sayings are still around because they are true.  Well Done Joe, se mo laoch.

Declan

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 08, 2012, 03:25:02 PM »
Fair play to him

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »
 8)unbelievable gesture by Brolly. He is a love hate figure and is a born entertainer. I can see how he upsets people but too many people takes his comments way too serious.

thebuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 08, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »
8)unbelievable gesture by Brolly. He is a love hate figure and is a born entertainer. I can see how he upsets people but too many people takes his comments way too serious.

As a Derry man I could never dislike Joe. I can see how he winds people up as well but the bit in bold is very true :)

Tubberman

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 08, 2012, 06:21:38 PM »

As a Derry man I could never dislike Joe. I can see how he winds people up as well but the bit in bold is very true :)

He takes cheap digs at amateur players and puts the boot in when they're down. There's nothing clever about that.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
Great gesture by Joe the person, but Joe the pundit is still a world class w@nker IMHO. Deliberatlely trying to influence the ref the lead up to the AIF with his 28 yellow card comments-absolutely fvcking disgrace

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 08, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »
Great gesture by Joe the person, but Joe the pundit is still a world class w@nker IMHO. Deliberatlely trying to influence the ref the lead up to the AIF with his 28 yellow card comments-absolutely fvcking disgrace

You what now??

midLouth

« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2012, 08:59:45 PM »

He takes cheap digs at amateur players and puts the boot in when they're down. There's nothing clever about that.

+1

fitzroyalty

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
What an absolute legend of a man. Always admired him and will now admire him even more.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 08, 2012, 09:40:39 PM »
Yeah, sure I have always liked Brolly :-X

I hope Joe's post op recovery is complete and will be able to dander along nobly to an old age with his single kidney.

NaomhBridAbú

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 09, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »
regardless of his many day jobs, Joe Brolly has proven his humanity/christianity/selflessness by this amazing act...

the support for the McGirr Family and the Spirit of Paul McGirr...again with Cormac McAnallen and the Cormac Trust and the Campa Chormaic. The Micheala Foundation. The fundraising for the Fermanagh man (whose name excapes me) in San Francisco. Carde Catherine. And all the others who garner support from within...

Having someone like Brolly, from within our code committing to that act of pure kindness - all of the above...makes me proud to be a Gael.

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Wild Guess

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 09, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
You just wouldnt want to get on the end of Brollys tongue.  He writes brilliantly but when hes on the form he takes everyone out.  You could see more teams boycotting interviews over stuff like this.

Brolly is a jerk

I'm with you NBA ;)