Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 690296 times)

EC Unique

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »
Fair play to him. How many of us can honestly say we would do the same?

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2012, 10:18:57 PM »
Fair play to him. How many of us can honestly say we would do the same?
Depends if they were a United supporter or not.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »
Steady on, he's only giving away one.

Fair play indeed.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2012, 10:29:58 PM »
A great gesture all right. As EU says, there are few of us would do it.

But now he'll be slumped over worse than ever on TSG :)

5 Sams

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2012, 10:33:28 PM »
Holy fcuk he must be a good friend!!
The Aristocrat Years

squire_in_navy_slacks

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2012, 11:17:59 PM »
Maybe Spillane can donate a couple of inches off his flute to the bould Marty Morrissey  ;)

moysider

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2012, 11:41:12 PM »

Can t believe some are taking this lightly. Don t think this is an opportunity to be funny.

A few days ago I wanted to break his mouth - now I m almost in tears at what he s done. This is not a gesture. It is something most people would only do for family. And even then many could not. Sincerely hope it is successful for the recipient.

And I ll think twice about clobbering Joe when I see him.

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2012, 11:45:06 PM »
Fair play that is some selfless act,few of us would do that.
Amen to that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Ard-Rí

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2012, 02:40:40 AM »
Great deed ... not a lot else to be said. My estimation of the man has risen greatly.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Muchachos

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »
Fair play to him. Might not allways agree with him but that's a hell of an act.

Asal Mor

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2012, 05:31:50 AM »
Well done Joe. I've always liked him as an analyst too.

thebuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:42 AM »

Can t believe some are taking this lightly. Don t think this is an opportunity to be funny.

A few days ago I wanted to break his mouth - now I m almost in tears at what he s done. This is not a gesture. It is something most people would only do for family. And even then many could not. Sincerely hope it is successful for the recipient.

And I ll think twice about clobbering Joe when I see him.

Fair play Moysider. I just got the paper there and the first thing I thought of was 'What will the Mayos think of that?'.
If I had to do it for my son I'd be scared shitless and he has done it for someone he isn't even related to.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2012, 08:43:54 AM »
I know the whole story here lads but from the other way round. Shane Finnegan, the reciever is a close relation, and the extent, dedication and absolute committment to making this work from Joe Brollys end was unbelievable.

Shane Finnegan was a county minor for Antrim 22 years ago and picked up a kidney injury that year and has not played since. His two brothers Greg and Donagh played for St Pauls and Antrim for many years, and Shane was destined for great things too.

The efforts Shane has gone to to get donors, and then get a correct blood match (which was the very hard bit) was a long heartbreaking journey. The physical and mental torture involvedcannot be properly explained. Shane couldnt pass urine. He peed for the first time in many years yesterday.

I wont spoil the story which hopefully will appear in the media once the two guys get out of hospital. The great news is the operation looks to have been a real success. Joe has taken two months off work to make this happen, and was the driver all along since he first heard about Shanes condition.

Will always hold him in high esteem after this. Delighted for Shane as well - his life can get back to normality again.

give her dixie

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2012, 09:05:05 AM »
I know the whole story here lads but from the other way round. Shane Finnegan, the reciever is a close relation, and the extent, dedication and absolute committment to making this work from Joe Brollys end was unbelievable.

Shane Finnegan was a county minor for Antrim 22 years ago and picked up a kidney injury that year and has not played since. His two brothers Greg and Donagh played for St Pauls and Antrim for many years, and Shane was destined for great things too.

The efforts Shane has gone to to get donors, and then get a correct blood match (which was the very hard bit) was a long heartbreaking journey. The physical and mental torture involvedcannot be properly explained. Shane couldnt pass urine. He peed for the first time in many years yesterday.

I wont spoil the story which hopefully will appear in the media once the two guys get out of hospital. The great news is the operation looks to have been a real success. Joe has taken two months off work to make this happen, and was the driver all along since he first heard about Shanes condition.

Will always hold him in high esteem after this. Delighted for Shane as well - his life can get back to normality again.

Great story Bannside, and I hope both men make a full recovery and live life to the full.

What Joe has done is one of the most selfless acts any person could do for another. As the saying goes, to save the life of one man is to save all of humanity.

Full respect to Joe, and no doubt he will inspire others to take the same leap in the future.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
'Brolly giving kidney, Brolly giving life'!  An amazing story and could not be underestimated how much this will mean to so many people.  Joe is a bigger man than many people could even imagine and I wish him and the young Finnegan lad the best in their recovery.