Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 646070 times)

Hardy

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2012, 10:50:54 AM »
Joe Brolly to Joe Fritzl - it's a bit of a leap, but it does give me an idea about how to get rid of the RTÉ Nualas.

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »
When I was young and learning to play the game I was told that you should never show the opposition any sign of weakness, that when you where hurt jump up and let on your fine, I think most people will agree that this in the main this was the way things used to be.
You probably always had the odd boy on teams buying free's etc, but I honestly don't know how some of these boys watch themselves on the Sunday game with some of the antics that they get up to, seriously like have they know shame?
Did Tyrone bring cheating into modern football? I don't know, but they certainly took it to a new level and the sad thing about is they where a class team that had no need to be so low.
The funny thing about Tyrone having more divers than most of the other counties in Ireland put together is that if yo go to Cookstown/Omagh/Strabane for a night out you are taking your life into your own hands as they are roughest crowd of hallions you could ever have the misfortune to come across and love nothing more than fighting ( this includes men and women ), yet when they take to the pitch they can be knocked over by a gust of wind. Doesn't make sense.
No cheating in football before 2003.  ::)
Especially from those L/Derry b'tards.

Do you care to back this up with any evidence? We already have 4 high profile incidents involving Tyrone talked about in this thread already . . .

To the Derry wans on this thread, youse are letting youself down a bit. Derry have had a few over the years who liked to "make the most" of physical contact. That said the Tyronies took it to a different level altogether and its a waste of time trying to reason with their supporters. The aul fella calls them the taliban for a reason. We appear to have skipped the worst incident of the lot and that was Dooher against Westmeath in Omagh, I couldnt believe he conned the ref with it.

That was well debated at the time but I wouldn't call it the "worst incident of the lot" by a long stretch. There was technically a strike even if Dooher did make a holy meal of it. Canavan's there is far worse. Don't agree with Brolly either that hurling is sacrosanct from diving, a John Gardiner incident from a couple of years ago readily springs to mind.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Ulick

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »
Donated a kidney today. Fair play.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »
100% right Ulick. Will always regard him in a very high regard now no matter what he says or does. Not too many prepared to make a sacrifice like that.

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
That is an amazing piece of altruism. I expected to read it was a family member, but it was a clubmate. I'll see Joe in a new light now.

maddog

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
That is an amazing piece of altruism. I expected to read it was a family member, but it was a clubmate. I'll see Joe in a new light now.

Well done Joe, an incredibly selfless act.

Maguire01

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
Fair play Joe!

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
Hoor would do anything for attention.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »
Nice touch by him all right, fair dues to him.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hope that was in jest

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hope that was in jest

I don't think it was. Shameful.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
An absolute hero. Okay, one part of his life is putting across his views on a game on national tv, naturally hes going to court controversy, but look at the all round picture; one of the most successful barristers in Ireland, a great county player, a superb club player with incredible longevity (played til 42 I think?), fully involved in the club as a coach, always willing to support any event hes asked to, great family man, I could go on, but theres enough there to call him an example to everyone. The only problem is, its very hard to look at this objectively whenever you're within earshot of him  ;D

cadence

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2012, 09:27:47 PM »
what a star.

glens abu

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:22 PM »
Fair play that is some selfless act,few of us would do that.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »
One hell of a gesture.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.