Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 681722 times)

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »
I've heard it all now, someone from Fintona calling other people rednecks. ;D ;D
Plenty of things that can be negatively associated with Fintona, but I've never seen the natives conduct redneck activity like stopping people to ask where they're from nor the off-licences in the village putting up notices demanding that foreigners must produce ID. Bigotry in general is quite low and cross-community relations are pretty good compared to many other parts of the north. Heck, even the boy racers that often anger more peaceful residents by motoring up and down Main Street at 2 in the morning often be a mix of Taigs and Prods!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:50:45 PM by Fionntamhnach »
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

EC Unique

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »
The L/Derry inferiority complex has reached epidemic levels. :D

Keepthefaith93

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:42 PM »
The L/Derry inferiority complex has reached epidemic levels. :D

How do you work that out?

oakleafgael

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »
Bummer
By the way, if you're going to use that name, then you are at least in your thirties or very close to it. So it begs the question of what are you doing going to nightclubs in Cookstown, Omagh or Strabane? Still trying to bag 17 year old O'Neill pussy?

Bummer,

Not like you to slip so badly, read back a few posts and send on your apologies.

The funny thing about Tyrone having more divers than most of the other counties in Ireland put together is that if yo go to Cookstown/Omagh/Strabane for a night out you are taking your life into your own hands as they are roughest crowd of hallions you could ever have the misfortune to come across and love nothing more than fighting ( this includes men and women ), yet when they take to the pitch they can be knocked over by a gust of wind. Doesn't make sense.

Now I know there are some rough elements to parts of these towns on Saturday nights that I'd avoid (though there's c***ts like that in every town with a bit of nightlife beyond a pub, I know from being out in/working at a nightclub in Enniskillen) but these are pretty much restricted to venues that attract sixth formers, young apprentices and some university students - the more "mature" venues don't tend to be plagued as such bar the odd occasion. At least in Omagh anyway. So the only conclusion I can make is that you like to be chasing anything that on Monday to Fridays is in a pleated skirt. Now I don't know about you but I consider myself a bit old for that.

Bummer,

You may look a bit more closely. the text you quoted was nothing to do with me. Im a bit like your self and far to long in the tooth to be chasing skirt as you so eloquently put it.

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »
Bummer,

You may look a bit more closely. the text you quoted was nothing to do with me. Im a bit like your self and far to long in the tooth to be chasing skirt as you so eloquently put it.
Being the civilised and fair person that I am, I now realise that the claim was wrongly attributed to yourself whereas it was ktf93 who was talking about it so I withdraw the accusation made against you and apologise. So as a result what is keepthefaith93 doing chasing 17 year old pussy in Tyrone?
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

saffron sam2

• Not I surely ref.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »
Bummer,

Being the civilised and fair person that I am, I now realise that the claim was wrongly attributed to yourself whereas it was ktf93 who was talking about it so I withdraw the accusation made against you and apologise. So as a result what is keepthefaith93 doing chasing 17 year old pussy in Tyrone?

He's not the one who had an avatar of Josef Fritzl though.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
Bummer,

Oh, you noticed? Yeah, pretty bad man who had a very depraved way in dealing with troublesome teens. Doesn't mean I endorse what he did!

J OGorman

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2012, 11:21:48 PM »
Jayzus, stop typing the word 'pussy'..what age are ye?

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »
Jayzus, stop typing the word 'pussy'..what age are ye?
OK, how about "flange" instead?

saffron sam2

• Not I surely ref.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2012, 07:59:34 AM »
Bummer,

Oh, you noticed? Yeah, pretty bad man who had a very depraved way in dealing with troublesome teens. Doesn't mean I endorse what he did!

Bit in bold is uncannily appropriate for Tyrone followers. But then you know that already.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Keepthefaith93

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
Bummer,

Bit in bold is uncannily appropriate for Tyrone followers. But then you know that already.

If Josef Fritzl was from Tyrone he wouldn't be as quick to admit that he is "pretty bad".

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »
Oooh I'm curious! Tell us more Helen Lovejoy...

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2012, 10:42:09 AM »
If Josef Fritzl was from Tyrone he wouldn't be as quick to admit that he is "pretty bad".
And if Fritzl was from L/Derry you lot wouldn't think he was a bit of an arsehole because at least he applied his masculine dominance and didn't kill his daughter, eh?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:50:20 AM by Fionntamhnach »

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
Jaysus, I skipped a few pages and it went from Canavan's Swan Lake to Josef Fritzel? Bizarre twist even for GAABOARD. :)

Anyhow, it was a dive :)

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
Jaysus, I skipped a few pages and it went from Canavan's Swan Lake to Josef Fritzel? Bizarre twist even for GAABOARD. :)

Anyhow, it was a dive :)
Ah Jaysus AZ I thought I was doing a good job!  :P