Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 692524 times)

Hardy

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »
I am not defending any form of play acting whether from a Tyrone player or any other.

What's your post for then?

Ard-Rí

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »
I am not defending any form of play acting whether from a Tyrone player or any other.

Did you miss it? He was having a go at Meath.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »

Did you miss it? He was having a go at Meath.

It's called penis envy in psychology circles.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »
Where's this slow motion replay of the Cavanagh incident which shows minimal contact? He has made that bit up.

He has not made that bit up in the slightest. The red card was rescinded after viewing said video. Still waiting for the Ulster Council to stick it on youtube. If the video showed same as I saw from the stand it was a disgusting act of playacting to get a man sent off. Probably best for Colm it's not ever made public to be honest.

Different Cavanagh. Different incident. Different decade.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

shawshank

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »
O'Neill your as blind as a bat, specsavers for you sur!!! :)

sheamy

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
Where's this slow motion replay of the Cavanagh incident which shows minimal contact? He has made that bit up.

He has not made that bit up in the slightest. The red card was rescinded after viewing said video. Still waiting for the Ulster Council to stick it on youtube. If the video showed same as I saw from the stand it was a disgusting act of playacting to get a man sent off. Probably best for Colm it's not ever made public to be honest.

Different Cavanagh. Different incident. Different decade.

Same family, same action, same result.
With the two boys up to the same thing and in the same article one can easily get confused  :)

Anyway, I don't care who does it or where they are from. It's sickening to watch and leaves a very bad taste. I hope Brolly and the rest are consistent in pointing this out over the summer, regardless of who is involved.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:41:14 PM by sheamy »

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »
You would swear to f**k that no "simulation", dirty digs, winding opponents up, sneakiness or trying to take players out with crass tackles existed before 2003 looking here and elsewhere. Did Canavan exaggerate "that" incident in the 2003 All-Ireland semi final? I'd say he certainly made more of a meal of it that what actually happened and if you believe in karma, he got his come comeuppance not much later in the game.

Truth be told, there's two elements to what's being discussed here. First is Tyrone's mental attitude to the game - it was learned pretty well in the mid-90's that while you may get away with it at minor and U21 level, nice teams don't win Senior All-Ireland titles. Pretty much every team in the last 20 years that has lifted the Sam Maguire cup has had a darkish edge to their game. Some more pronounced than others. Even the "pure" footballing teams of Galway had Padraig Joyce regularly ripping the piss out of taking free kicks for scores by advancing up to 15-20 metres more advantageous - I remember this being very noticeable in the 2001 AI Semi Final against Derry. Tyrone having a "blanket defence" in 2003? Big deal! Armagh won the All-Ireland the previous year with the same tactic in play! Crowding men behind your 45 metre line? One thing I remember from this seemingly oft talked about Tyrone vs. Kerry 2003 game which hardly gets mentioned elsewhere is that during the second half a Tyrone shot on goal was cleared off the goal line. The player who cleared it? Declan O'Sullivan. That's right, Kerry's full forward. Most Tyrone players over the years prior to then and still since have put up with sly digs, slabbers marking them talking about their sisters and mothers etc. And while I much prefer to seen a good hard but fair game of football played with honesty from both teams, you simply don't get this at the highest level of the game. So Tyrone started being a bit more cynical, were fed up of being patronised and decided to start taking matters into their own hands. Knuckle dragging markers trying to put in anything from sly digs to attempting leg breaking tackles? Reverse their cuteness right back at them then watch them squeal that Tyrone "didn't allow us to play" with a tantrum that would shame the centre of attention on "My Super Sweet 16". Nice teams don't win big titles, and make sure to p***k a few egos along the way. Sure enough some so-called respected pundits tried being up in arms over all of it, and there were enough simpletons out there that swallowed any shite that is fed to them. But screw it, it was much better than being a continuously patronised loser. And at least when Tyrone made championship exits, their county chairperson doesn't call for rule changes!

Part Two. Some posters will notice that I've mentioned this several times over the years on this board. Those with decent memories may remember that the first round Ulster SFC championship game in 2003 between Tyrone and L/Derry ended in a draw with Tyrone a little fortunate to get the replay. Back to the RTÉ studio and Brolly talking stuff out of his well stretched anus about how crap this Tyrone team was and that they will not win an All-Ireland for a long time to come, with what disturbingly looked like him cumming in this trousers in the process. Fast forward to the replay. Just before the Tyrone team bus pulls into Casement Park, a video is played on the coach's TV screen of Brolly's post-match comments from the first game. The replay turns out to have Tyrone metaphorically knock six shades of shit out of L/Derry. Funnily enough after this game Brolly starts massively toning down his anti-Tyrone orgasm. Coincidence? Subsequently he starts gradually pimping up this Tyrone side, possibly in an attempt at reverse psychology, but few in Tyrone care about him singing sweet praises about them. End result is that Brolly's venom is neutralised and instead starts winding up the Mexicans which at this point does a good job of keeping the media spotlight on himself.

It may not be nice at times, but Tyrone have nothing to apologise for. Most other counties trying to break their Sam Maguire virginity (or who have been long term celibate) and then ride the heck out of hit would have little to regret if they did the same.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:32:24 PM by Fionntamhnach »
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »
Anger management, the F man!

Hey dont worry the Tyrone legacy is not under threat, just every idiot that follows Gaelic games has seen the fun Spillane has had in influencing the populace since 03 and wants a go at it.  As a wise man once said 1 million lemmings walking over a cliff cant be wrong...   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:47:15 PM by rrhf »

Keepthefaith93

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
When I was young and learning to play the game I was told that you should never show the opposition any sign of weakness, that when you where hurt jump up and let on your fine, I think most people will agree that this in the main this was the way things used to be.
You probably always had the odd boy on teams buying free's etc, but I honestly don't know how some of these boys watch themselves on the Sunday game with some of the antics that they get up to, seriously like have they know shame?
Did Tyrone bring cheating into modern football? I don't know, but they certainly took it to a new level and the sad thing about is they where a class team that had no need to be so low.
The funny thing about Tyrone having more divers than most of the other counties in Ireland put together is that if yo go to Cookstown/Omagh/Strabane for a night out you are taking your life into your own hands as they are roughest crowd of hallions you could ever have the misfortune to come across and love nothing more than fighting ( this includes men and women ), yet when they take to the pitch they can be knocked over by a gust of wind. Doesn't make sense.

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56:42 PM »
When I was young and learning to play the game I was told that you should never show the opposition any sign of weakness, that when you where hurt jump up and let on your fine, I think most people will agree that this in the main this was the way things used to be.
You probably always had the odd boy on teams buying free's etc, but I honestly don't know how some of these boys watch themselves on the Sunday game with some of the antics that they get up to, seriously like have they know shame?
Did Tyrone bring cheating into modern football? I don't know, but they certainly took it to a new level and the sad thing about is they where a class team that had no need to be so low.
The funny thing about Tyrone having more divers than most of the other counties in Ireland put together is that if yo go to Cookstown/Omagh/Strabane for a night out you are taking your life into your own hands as they are roughest crowd of hallions you could ever have the misfortune to come across and love nothing more than fighting ( this includes men and women ), yet when they take to the pitch they can be knocked over by a gust of wind. Doesn't make sense.
No cheating in football before 2003.  ::)
Especially from those L/Derry b'tards.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:58:55 PM by Fionntamhnach »
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

supersarsfields

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
is that if yo go to Cookstown/Omagh/Strabane for a night out you are taking your life into your own hands as they are roughest crowd of The funny thing about Tyrone having more divers than most of the other counties in Ireland put together hallions you could ever have the misfortune to come across and love nothing more than fighting ( this includes men and women ), yet when they take to the pitch they can be knocked over by a gust of wind. Doesn't make sense.

;D It's a bad sign when you can't reach the end of a post without contradicting yourself. That's before you come out with the rest of the crap in the post as well. Feck me your even having a go at Tyrone's social activities. As Fionn said a bit back, Haters got to hate.

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »
Tyrone are the Apple of Gaelic football. They didn't invent any of the things they're noted for. They just popularised them.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2012, 05:02:36 PM »

Do you care to back this up with any evidence? We already have 4 high profile incidents involving Tyrone talked about in this thread already . . .

supersarsfields

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
Tyrone are the Apple of Gaelic football. They didn't invent any of the things they're noted for. They just popularised them.

Aye if your in your teens.

oakleafgael

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2012, 05:10:33 PM »

Do you care to back this up with any evidence? We already have 4 high profile incidents involving Tyrone talked about in this thread already . . .

To the Derry wans on this thread, youse are letting youself down a bit. Derry have had a few over the years who liked to "make the most" of physical contact. That said the Tyronies took it to a different level altogether and its a waste of time trying to reason with their supporters. The aul fella calls them the taliban for a reason. We appear to have skipped the worst incident of the lot and that was Dooher against Westmeath in Omagh, I couldnt believe he conned the ref with it.