Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 791004 times)

BennyHarp

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #5310 on: January 15, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »
Joe being shown up for what he is. No integrity at all. The poor wee old men lying up in the hospital beds will be devastated. I really did not think he would do it.
Has to find some way of keeping himself relevant.

This is the key. He has devoted his life for the last number of years to the whole organ donation thing and he needs to be relevant so that his voice carries weight when he is lobbying.

;D ;D ;D
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: January 15, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »
Joe being shown up for what he is. No integrity at all. The poor wee old men lying up in the hospital beds will be devastated. I really did not think he would do it.
Has to find some way of keeping himself relevant.

This is the key. He has devoted his life for the last number of years to the whole organ donation thing and he needs to be relevant so that his voice carries weight when he is lobbying.

He needs to be relevant for himself and his ego.

quiganmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: January 15, 2020, 10:22:14 AM »
I couldn't help think what would Joe say were it someone else.

You can forget about Joe Brolly as a man I think he'd say.  :D

Do you spend your life devoted to changing peoples lives through organ donation campaigning? He may be a bit of a hypocrite but this comment isn't fair on him tbf

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: January 15, 2020, 10:30:39 AM »
Derry lads really rallying around their prize hypocrite here.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: January 15, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »

Do you spend your life devoted to changing peoples lives through organ donation campaigning? He may be a bit of a hypocrite but this comment isn't fair on him tbf
is this an organ donation  chat room ?
no like I would  not comment on any players personal life I find it a bit sickening that This is constantly being used a sa cover all defense for brolly to be a bollix when it comes to Football.
its totally irelevant
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: January 15, 2020, 11:20:21 AM »

It is a joke. Those are the exact words he used about Sean Cavanagh by the way. I wouldn't seriously say that about anyone. Joe on the other hand has...

weareros

• View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: January 15, 2020, 11:36:14 AM »
Do think lads are being a bit hard on Brolly. He is entitled to make a living doing what he likes and if we all picked our jobs based on principles, many would be out of work. Besides what EIR will show would likely never be on free to air TV and old men in nursing homes would need to read the morning paper for a report, if they even had a paper... and even then would probably be a few lines dialed in by a reporter not even at the match.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: January 15, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
Do think lads are being a bit hard on Brolly. He is entitled to make a living doing what he likes and if we all picked our jobs based on principles, many would be out of work. Besides what EIR will show would likely never be on free to air TV and old men in nursing homes would need to read the morning paper for a report, if they even had a paper... and even then would probably be a few lines dialed in by a reporter not even at the match.

Brolly is the GAA version of Bono. He likes to get up on a pulpit preaching to everyone when he turns around and ignore his own advice. There's an awful lot of spite and nastiness to the man, when he is no position to judge anyone.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: January 15, 2020, 11:42:44 AM »
He basically created a rod for his own back with his views on pay per view and how vocal he was about them.

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: January 15, 2020, 12:28:32 PM »
Brolly a legend hes not afraid to speak his voice.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: January 15, 2020, 12:34:00 PM »

He's a good man to talk the talk but nowhere near man enough to walk it.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: January 15, 2020, 01:13:24 PM »

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: January 15, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »
This argument was used to defend the sky deal and it was shot down.

weareros

• View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: January 15, 2020, 01:41:32 PM »
This argument was used to defend the sky deal and it was shot down.

I know. But Sky is championship. RTE would probably taken some of those big games Brolly complained about. They would have no interest in the league games Eir are showing; TG4 maybe. I didn't agree with Brolly on Sky; I thought their coverage really upped the ante. And I grew up in a time when All-Ireland semi's and finals were the only games ever shown, so thought his whole point was nonsense. But he was fired and is entitled to take up employment elsewhere. I actually prefer media (newspaper, print, digital) where you hear views you vehemently disagree with. Otherwise you are either stuck in an echo-chamber hearing your own views, or listening to very dull and safe commentators.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: January 15, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

Aside from Eir Sports?????

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html