Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 691247 times)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #5100 on: September 11, 2019, 03:48:29 PM »
He's having a bit of a laugh about it on Twitter here anyway

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: September 11, 2019, 03:48:57 PM »
Glad that he's gone. I didn't think he added anything at all, no insight, no entertainment, nothing.

Time for Spillane and o'rourke to follow him out the door

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: September 11, 2019, 04:00:16 PM »
I think we know his feelings on Gallagher now ... 😵😵

Yeah saw that. It's very funny. :) :) :)

What was that?

dec

• View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: September 11, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/JoeBrolly1993/status/1171789283629424641

@JoeBrolly1993
If anyone has a spare ticket for the replay, I’ve just been let down..
10:15 AM · Sep 11, 2019

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: September 11, 2019, 04:05:34 PM »
Glad that he's gone. I didn't think he added anything at all, no insight, no entertainment, nothing.

I'd agree with that. I'd throw Cavanagh and Whelan into that too. Borefest, despite Cavanagh trying his best to be controversial.  Dessie Dolan should be shown the door completely as well, especially for live commentary.

Tomás O'Sé is the best of whats left.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: September 11, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/JoeBrolly1993/status/1171789283629424641

@JoeBrolly1993
If anyone has a spare ticket for the replay, I’ve just been let down..
10:15 AM · Sep 11, 2019

;D

Brilliant. At least he can laugh at himself.

Comments on Gough too far and if the head boyo doesn't want personal comments and he was warned then he had to go.

Agreed half the rest of them have to go too. Sky have shown them up.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: September 11, 2019, 04:28:54 PM »

+1

The three lads are 25 years out of the game as players. None have done anything serious in Management. The game they were involved in is light years away from what we have today.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: September 11, 2019, 04:39:25 PM »
Are there any pundits you want to keep??

chrissears

• View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: September 11, 2019, 04:48:07 PM »

I have to say I agree, they were good in their day but now its time to step down. Sky has better coverage at the moment.
+1

The three lads are 25 years out of the game as players. None have done anything serious in Management. The game they were involved in is light years away from what we have today.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: September 11, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »

+1

How many TSG viewers care though ?

“One way of looking at the history of the human group is that it has been a continuing struggle against the veneration of crap.”―Neil Postman
Lookit

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: September 11, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »
. Younger viewers would care anyway, as they wouldn't remember O Rourke winning All Irelands or Spillane.
Rochford is in the game and knows the scene.. They had Aaron Kernan a few years ago and he was good.

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: September 11, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »
Hearing that Br*lly's got the boot from RTÉ gives me a gives me a feeling similar to the one you get after you've spent a damn good 15 minutes on the toilet just letting it get all go, all re'd out! ☺️

Half time & post match analysis might actually be worth watching again.

If people are no longer going to watch RTÉ's football coverage because of this, then please do - the average viewer IQ will then go up several points. Their Hurling coverage doesn't need someone like Br*lly, nor does any station covering soccer, rugby, tennis, athletics, hockey etc. etc.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: September 11, 2019, 06:37:14 PM »
Hearing that Br*lly's got the boot from RTÉ gives me a gives me a feeling similar to the one you get after you've spent a damn good 15 minutes on the toilet just letting it get all go, all re'd out! ☺️

If people are no longer going to watch RTÉ's football coverage because of this, then please do - the average viewer IQ will then go up several points. Their Hurling coverage doesn't need someone like Br*lly, nor does any station covering soccer, rugby, tennis, athletics, hockey etc. etc.

Rumours that he was sacked for slipping his Mickey into a Croke Park Apple Crumble while attempting to recreate for Joanne Cantwell  the famous scene from American Pie are adjudged to be well wide of the mark!!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:02:34 PM by under the bar »

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: September 11, 2019, 06:40:18 PM »

Oh dear, how bitter!
Some remedial work required on your spelling and grammar as well. Very difficult to decipher what you were saying in that first paragraph. Joe would not be impressed!