Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Whilst I don't think his media career will be in any doubt, his wife certainly won't be happy. His image has taken a hit, it is a bit creepy/sleazy looking.

johnnycool

Quote from: markl121 on December 05, 2018, 02:47:10 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 05, 2018, 02:25:10 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 05, 2018, 01:41:37 PM
What is in the actual video?

Any links lads?

I like to form an opinion based on primary evidence before I gather up a lynch mop and head up the Ravenhill Road.
Go on his Twitter and read the comments to his "any wonder jimmy mcguinness banned phones" tweet

Saw it there now, bit lecherous alright, but consensual by the looks of it.

Hard to know how that will play out.

The Lynch mob is stood down for the time being to see how the twitterati reaction goes. I might need to get offended later.

oakleaflad

Quote from: redhandefender on December 05, 2018, 01:00:10 PM
And on another note if anyone finds out where the video was shot please post here, is there a strip joint in Ireland? Just asking for a friend.
Quote from: easytiger95 on December 05, 2018, 02:48:07 PM
Perception is everything in the media business, so I wouldn't say he is out of the woods on this. #MeToo means you can paw at a girl in a club or you can have a highly visible and lucrative media career - but usually, you can't do both.

Crux of this might be the context. If he's locked and sitting there and girl dances over in a club, then he is just a bit of a lecherous auld fool - he could get away with it.

If he is in a strip club though, and he is paying said young woman to come over and dance for him...well, that is a far different power dynamic going on, and it might be too much trouble to defend him.

Be very interesting to see how it plays.

By the way, it is possible to think that people deserve their privacy from geeks with camera phones AND to think that Brolly is actually acting the absolute sleaze here. Cognitive dissonance I think they call it  ;)
The woman was wearing a dress and there was another wearing a dress too in the background. Looks like an ordinary nightclub to me.

Jeremiah O

It's a good job none of today's technology was about the last time I visited Angels in Liverpool🙈
Unconquered and unconquerable

trailer

There now appears to be a 2nd video.

Aristo 60

It's not Joanne Cantwell is it??  :o

redhandefender

Quote from: Aristo 60 on December 05, 2018, 03:33:02 PM

It's Philomena Begley this time the backstard!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: redhandefender on December 05, 2018, 03:48:39 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on December 05, 2018, 03:33:02 PM

It's Philomena Begley this time the backstard!

He wanted to put his massive tool in her box, is all.

haranguerer

Quote from: oakleaflad on December 05, 2018, 03:09:17 PM
Whilst I don't think his media career will be in any doubt, his wife certainly won't be happy. His image has taken a hit, it is a bit creepy/sleazy looking.

He's separated, this is key

redhandefender

Quote from: haranguerer on December 05, 2018, 04:17:51 PM

Maybe not his wife but his current woman!

trailer

He's been filmed pawing over two women who are neither his wife, lover or sexual partner. This is key.

seafoid

He's separated and goes to Cross matches with a glamorous brunette, according to his Sindo articles
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

For years on national tv Joe's been seen stroking the thighs of fellow (MALE) panelists, close enough to their private parts and nobody batted an eye, or commenting 'tut tut .... you're getting too touchy feely there Joe'.   But perhaps in the envious hick backwoods of places like Tyrone, Joe's sinful roaming hands have been prudishly scrutinised and proximity measured.

Franko

Quote from: trailer on December 05, 2018, 05:46:04 PM

He's been filmed pawing over two women who are neither his wife, lover or sexual partner. This is key.

Key to what?

He's a GAA pundit/journo and a barrister.  He hasn't (as far as I can see) done anything illegal.

Definitely a bit sleazy but I can't see any more in it than that.  I'd venture that there'll be worse things happen at every single works Christmas party in the country over the course of the next few weeks.

He might have to drop thoughts of having a tilt at the presidency though... that wouldn't look good being played on tele during a live debate.

Although the yanks did vote one in who was caught boasting openly about FAR worse.  So who knows.

trailer

I'm genuinely shocked that people feel his behaviour is acceptable. I wouldn't want him near my wife or daughter.