Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 555607 times)

johnnycool

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #4380 on: April 17, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »
Thanks Johnny

every county seems to differ but weaker clubs to my eyes suffer most where no parish rule exists

Can still be abused as the caravan's have been pitched up in certain area's to obtain transfers in the past  ;)

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: April 17, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »
agreed but at least makes it harder.....

has to be very disheartening for small clubs to end up as feeder for a small number of elite clubs in any county

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: April 17, 2018, 11:07:49 AM »
Parish rule where it exists is one of the best things about the GAA. In rugby and soccer it can be a free for all and one of the biggest factors in participation numbers dropping off.
#newbridgeornowhere

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: April 17, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »
Parish rule where it exists is one of the best things about the GAA. In rugby and soccer it can be a free for all and one of the biggest factors in participation numbers dropping off.

coming from a county which practises it and try to coach and admin in counties which dont I am in full agreement with you

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: April 17, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »

coming from a county which practises it and try to coach and admin in counties which dont I am in full agreement with you

Absolutely.

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: April 17, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »
this can never survive, posters agreeing with each other :D

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: April 17, 2018, 11:50:43 AM »
Bunch of spoofers.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: April 17, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »
All would obviously do family memberships so it could be capped at say 400 or 450

competitor team sports all charge more....

None of those clubs are putting it away in savings accounts so I presume they try to match membership fees to operational expenses

Yeah, family memberships in around the €400 mark.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #4388 on: April 17, 2018, 01:22:32 PM »
€80 family, €60 adult, €40 child about the standard in these parts.
Might be more in the wealthy Southern climes.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: April 17, 2018, 02:42:12 PM »
Enrole your kids in a swimming club and see how much you pay, back 15 years ago we were lying £250 for 2 kids.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: April 17, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »
Enrole your kids in a swimming club and see how much you pay, back 15 years ago we were lying £250 for 2 kids.

Was going to say that, there are other sporting bodies out there that cost a lot.. Hockey, soccer and no doubt rugby all charge a lot... then you have to buy all the shit that goes with it..

During my juvenile days you got it all, free lift to and from club if needed, free sticks, food afters and a bottle of coke!, trips to Croke park to watch the finals and the summer scheme was free also. Our club had money then, not so much now
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

east down gael

• View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: April 17, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »
Parish rule exists in Bredagh and Carryduff,no different to anywhere else in down. Rightfully so,otherwise one of the two would mop up all the underage talent,which considering the size of both clubs would be ridiculous.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: April 17, 2018, 04:41:07 PM »

Was going to say that, there are other sporting bodies out there that cost a lot.. Hockey, soccer and no doubt rugby all charge a lot... then you have to buy all the shit that goes with it..

During my juvenile days you got it all, free lift to and from club if needed, free sticks, food afters and a bottle of coke!, trips to Croke park to watch the finals and the summer scheme was free also. Our club had money then, not so much now
I wouldn't listen to anyone complaining about GAA club membership when I hear what people pay for other clubs, as you say Milltown part of the problem is how much we got for nothing back in the day. Anyone who has served any time on a club committee will tell you the finances are a melt with most clubs living hand to mouth. The biggest issue for me is the uncertainty of fixtures in which we can't compete with soccer or rugby.

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: April 29, 2018, 11:18:21 PM »
Has Joe got it in for Donegal? His article today is pure nonsense. Sure what county team doesn't go to great lengths to hide their sessions and games yet Joe picks out Donegal.

maigheo

• View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: April 30, 2018, 01:26:07 AM »
Brolly is a total clown  End of story