Ireland or God?

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, July 29, 2011, 02:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you had to be loyal to only one. Would it be Ireland or God?

Ireland
20 (46.5%)
God
23 (53.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

For no reason, but I find it funny.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

trueblue1234

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:33:49 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 01:03:06 AM
If you spent a little less time building up the UK economy and tried helping out the Irish one it might be easier to listen to your Preaching about being a good Irish man.

Away down to Pogues or somewhere like that an you can play at being a barstool Irishman in person rather than on the Internet.

Answer: haven't a clue.

1. You obviously don't now what I do for a living.  ::)

2. Ya had a few pints down an Irish pub watching the football, so what of it.

Good man, that'll be as close as you get to helping "mother Ireland" in her hr of need. 

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

cuconnacht

O ffs I didn't just reintroduce the Penal Laws did I  ::)
[/quote]

Ah come on, Magoo;  You are totally missing my point. ;D

Here is what I wrote:
"Well done, Iceman.
You have stated your case extremely well."

I don't personally agree with some of what he wrote and I don't think anything in the above implies that I do.
I can say the same just as readily about Nally Stand.
While I'm at it, Myles also uses a discernible form of logic as a framework for his opinions. (Like that? ;D)
He doesn't appear to agree with Iceman's point of view; does he?
A very high percentage of voters on this board tend to state their opinions clearly; a few don't appear to know the difference between a full stop and a bus stop.
So what? I can still follow their arguments as they usually give their reasons for stating them.
I couldn't possibly agree with them all.
[/quote]damnit lar,just when it was safe to go back in the water out comes the full stoppianism again :P

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 08:29:04 AM
If you spent a little less time building up the UK economy and tried helping out the Irish one it might be easier to listen to your Preaching about being a good Irish man.

Away down to Pogues or somewhere like that an you can play at being a barstool Irishman in person rather than on the Internet.

Good man, that'll be as close as you get to helping "mother Ireland" in her hr of need.

For feck sake  :D , I'll stop before you god fearers start to cry. Winding ye up is so much fun though.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:50:38 AM

Of course I am missing it Lar, thats the point. Its funny to laugh at adults who believe in imaginary friends. Its hillarious to mock those who cannot validate themselves without a superhuman being.

Okay, I hope you can follow me here.
Will you accept that there is no connection in logic between your first sentence (bolded) and what follows?
In that opening sentence your point is that you are deliberately missing (ignoring) what I had to say about Iceman's post.
Right?
Now, I never indicated that I agreed (or disagreed) with what he had to say in whole or in part.
Will you accept that?
Iceman began with:
"I don't believe there was any "fun" intended in the post at all. In fact it is quite sad that you would ask people to choose. Separating religion from state does not mean you are choosing Ireland over God."
He then went on to make his case point by point and I thought he did so in a reasoned, logical manner.
Then along came Myles—after I replied to Iceman's post.
He didn't agree with what Iceman had to say and he, in turn, stated his case very well.
Both are excellent debaters.
Now, IMO, there is a difference between an argument and a quarrel. In the former, you use logic to make your points and in the latter you f**k logic out the window and let fly. One is enlightening and the other is entertaining and I'm happy to say I think those lads provide both.
I did mention Nally. In his ongoing arguments quarrels with you, I feel he generally sticks to the point and is the more focused of the pair. I would put him comfortably ahead on points at this stage.
Btw, I agree with a lot of what you say and I have no doubt whatever about your sincerity. By all means, keep 'er lit.
But, like I said above, (second sentence) I think you don't stick to the point at all times.

Here endeth the homily,

Pope Lar.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

trueblue1234

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 12:25:55 PM

For feck sake  :D , I'll stop before you god fearers start to cry. Winding ye up is so much fun though.

yeah your winding is side splitting. But I notice when I touch a wee nerve with regards to you deserting Ireland, your turning tale and running. Bit of a trend that I suppose as you couldn't get out of Ireland quick enough to make a few pound either. Going gets tough and MGHU bails for pasture anew.

Sell out. 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 01:14:51 PM

yeah your winding is side splitting. But I notice when I touch a wee nerve with regards to you deserting Ireland, your turning tale and running. Bit of a trend that I suppose as you couldn't get out of Ireland quick enough to make a few pound either. Going gets tough and MGHU bails for pasture anew.

Sell out.

Ha ha noclue. You do understand the concept of earning a living. Do you want myself and the hundreds of thousands of others to return from paid employment to sit on the dole, that would be real patriotic wouldn't it. Your lack of understanding of this gives me the clear impression you are a Fianna Fail spittle who has been handed a job for the boys/for life. What is it with FF spivs and clergy worship?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Apologies Lar, shoudn't have hitched my post to your quote, it was intended for Iceman. Anyways its the football for the next few hours.

trueblue1234

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 01:35:51 PM

Sell out.

Ha ha noclue. You do understand the concept of earning a living. Do you want myself and the hundreds of thousands of others to return from paid employment to sit on the dole, that would be real patriotic wouldn't it. Your lack of understanding of this gives me the clear impression you are a Fianna Fail spittle who has been handed a job for the boys/for life. What is it with FF spivs and clergy worship?

You needn't preach about understanding considering the posts you made on this thread. It shows how little of it you actually have. Thankfully most real Irish men aren't like you, and to try an associate yourself with the Irish identity is truely saddening.
Plenty of true Irishmen stayed to see out the hard times and didn't flee the scene, waiting for things to improve so that they could come coasting back in again and declare themselves as Ireland's favorite son as you no doubt intent to do.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:09:31 PM
Apologies Lar, shoudn't have hitched my post to your quote, it was intended for Iceman. Anyways its the football for the next few hours.

No prob whatsoever. I must admit you had me worried.
Right now, it's a case of "Keep the Faith! (No pun intended. ;D )
I'm off on me bike to find a friendly lamppost or railing on Clonliffe Road.
I do believe there's a curtain raiser but I'm not too assed about the details.
Yeehaw!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mylestheslasher

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 02:41:18 PM

Sell out.

You needn't preach about understanding considering the posts you made on this thread. It shows how little of it you actually have. Thankfully most real Irish men aren't like you, and to try an associate yourself with the Irish identity is truely saddening.
Plenty of true Irishmen stayed to see out the hard times and didn't flee the scene, waiting for things to improve so that they could come coasting back in again and declare themselves as Irorite son as you no doubt intent to do.

This whole thread is ridiculous but your idiotic posts about emigration take the biscuit. Does your opinion stretch to people who left on coffin ships? Are you one of the only people in Ireland that has no family member that ever headed abroad? You must think half the country "deserted" Ireland in the 80's.

Franko

You do some serious boozing MGHU. Wee problem?? You'd need to keep an eye on that.

trueblue1234

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 31, 2011, 03:18:35 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 02:41:18 PM

Sell out.

Plenty of true Irishmen stayed to see out the hard times and didn't flee the scene, waiting for things to improve so that they could come coasting back in again and declare themselves as Irorite son as you no doubt intent to do.

This whole thread is ridiculous but your idiotic posts about emigration take the biscuit. Does your opinion stretch to people who left on coffin ships? Are you one of the only people in Ireland that has no family member that ever headed abroad? You must think half the country "deserted" Ireland in the 80's.

your a bit slow really aren't you?

Hardy

This is the problem with the internet.

Nally Stand

MGHU, not too long ago, when someone used the term"free stater", you stated that you
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 30, 2011, 12:49:55 AM
find that term offensive.
You went on to state that insulting terms like that should not be used because...
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 30, 2011, 12:21:32 PM
It comes across as a bitter comment on the people..... who don't deserve your nasty attitude for just living their lifes.

So, bearing in mind the last part of the second quote above, which says that you feel people don't deserve to be spoken to with a nasty attitude  just for living their lives, how does that theory correlate with statements you made in this thread such as....

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:50:38 AM
Its funny to laugh at adults who believe in imaginary friends. Its hillarious to mock those ...

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:38:37 AM
Your obviously a bit thick. Religion is ridiculous....I can ridicule it all I like, it is ridiculous.

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 12:43:08 AM
Your god is so weak I fart in its general direction.

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 12:51:36 AM
You god loving freak. Apes have a better grasp of the universe than idiots who believe in god.

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 30, 2011, 05:32:36 PM
Believing in God is simply ridiculous and therefore fare game for ridicule.

Well?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore