Connacht teams don’t do August

Started by Dinny Breen, July 28, 2011, 05:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 02, 2011, 05:17:09 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 02, 2011, 05:13:34 PM
Connacht football is on the way up from schools,Minor,U21,Senior & Club football all competing at the highest level this year. the average age of Mayo,Roscommon & Galway is still very young so the best is still to come.

This year reminds me of 1995 when Connacht was at a low point, Galway where given no chance v Tyrone but Could/should have beaten them. from then on Connacht was up there with the best, here's hoping that Mayo win on Sunday will be the start of something good for Connacht Senior football in the years ahead.

Hopefully Mayo and Roscommon will be the spearhead for this. Trust me the Galway lads will soon get their act together if they think they will be muscled out of Provincial titles and have to watch years of Mayo and Roscommon playing big days in Croke Park. I am unsure of how to rate Sligo, think thats best left to the Sligo lads.
Well played, a bit of sense is refreshing.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

sans pessimism

watched highlights of Ros/Armagh minor qtr final....jeez Ros4life, Rosfan etc ye have b'ys there with serious cojones! We'll be roarin 4 ye in Croker.The Wests awake!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Rossfan

Ahh Sure they're not too bad .... but we wouldnt want to be gettin too carried away.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2011, 07:31:12 PM
Ahh Sure they're not too bad .... but we wouldnt want to be gettin too carried away.

I thought Armagh were the more accomplished team, but Roscommon were unbelievably gutsy and deserved it for just hanging in there all day. It was great stuff.

I felt sorry for Armagh, but they had some dingers playing for them, #11, #14 and #15 were very good. Only one starting from XMG as well, which must be a good sign for Armagh clubs in general.

Orangemac

Saw somewhere today that no team from Connacht have reached the QFs through the back door since 2005.

Connacht teams have done well at underage level in the last 10 years but don't seem to progress to senior level.

iorras

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2011, 07:31:12 PM
So does that mean they're not opening Centra's yet?  ;)

Rossfan

Incorrect use of the oul ' there buckeen  ;)

muppet

O'Flatharta sacked as Galway manager tonight according to twitter.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2011/0806/oflathartat_galway.html

Mulholland favourite I presume  or will Kevin Walsh come into the frame.

Of course there's always the tanman  ::) ;D

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2011, 04:02:02 PM

Tanman would be a good bet as he was charge of NUIG this year while Muholland will probable stay on another year with the U21s
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Hmmmm. True. He did get rid of the deadwood in Roscommon and showed them what is needed as regards serious physical slog if a team needs to have any ambition. Now they re getting some reward.

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on August 06, 2011, 05:34:03 PM

Hmmmm. True. He did get rid of the deadwood in Roscommon and showed them what is needed as regards serious physical slog if a team needs to have any ambition. Now they re getting some reward.

Hmm i see your still trying to give some credit to the tanman for the fabulous job he did with our Seniors & U21s.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on August 06, 2011, 05:46:15 PM

Hmm i see your still trying to give some credit to the tanman for the fabulous job he did with our Seniors & U21s.

In my mind there can be no doubht that the scalpel taken to the Roscommon teams which ran around Derry hotels in their girlfriends knickers, was badly needed.To clear away the nonsense which have held Roscommon back and leave a clean slate for Fergal O'Donnell, is key to the rise of Roscommon football that we see happening before our eyes.

Ye should put up a statue to John Maughan if ye had any sense of deceny.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 06, 2011, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 06, 2011, 05:46:15 PM

In my mind there can be no doubht that the scalpel taken to the Roscommon teams which ran around Derry hotels in their girlfriends knickers, was badly needed.To clear away the nonsense which have held Roscommon back and leave a clean slate for Fergal O'Donnell, is key to the rise of Roscommon football that we see happening before our eyes.

Ye should put up a statue to John Maughan if ye had any sense of deceny.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on August 06, 2011, 04:40:25 PM

Tanman would be a good bet as he was charge of NUIG this year while Muholland will probable stay on another year with the U21s

A year's supply of St Tropez and he's ours.