Dún na nGall v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

I tell you what the 'minnows' in the curtain-raiser almost put on a better game than these 'big-boys'.  ;)

WeePeteIsALegend

Donegal lucky to get that last score before half time - ref played about 45 seconds more than he should have

5-3 at HT - kildare hopefully going to give us a usual second half performance and scrap this out by 5 points
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

NP 76

Brutal stuff and its nothing to do with Marty . Imagine paying in to watch it

imtommygunn

Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2011, 06:53:38 PM
2 sets of f**king gym monkeys... This isn't football!!

Never a truer word spoken!

screenexile

thewobbler

What is it about a blanket defence that makes footballers think they're capable of superhuman feats of kickpassing?

Here is a handy hint for all footballers. When your preferred target for a pass is being double-marked, this is not a challenge to your powers, but is a recommendation that you should choose a new target. Stopping kicking the ball away.

Still hating Donegal. There's no point in GAA officials asking for teams to be named if players don't take the field. It's wrong. Bookies are the only winners in these scanarios. 

WeePeteIsALegend

Spillane - "Don't know whether to laugh or cry"

This is all we need to do to make our sport better:

1 Reduce the number of players from 15 to 13.
2 Allow the hand pass to take any shape apart from a definite throw - open or closed hand, overhand striking action etc
3 Allow all free's to be taken by hand-pass if the team receiving the free wishes
4 Take away the 'too short' rule for free's and kick outs
5 Introduce immediate yellow cards for any pull of the jersey and immediate red cards for 'last man' tackle, or denying a clear goal scoring opportunity

This will get rid of an awful lot of the cynicism and disgusting displays of anti football we've seen in the past 15 years - I'm embarrassed watching this and comparing it to Aussie Rules and to a certain extent hurling
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

Dangleberrys

Get over it wobbler, believe or not but they don't play the game so you can win a punt in the bookies!

WeePeteIsALegend

Yes Wobbler, thats another one:

6 Your team must be announced 1 hour before throw in and any changes between then and the start of the game will count as a substitution, of which you are only allowed 5 from 1 hour before throw in until the final whistle

Dangleberrys

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on July 30, 2011, 07:09:07 PM
Spillane - "Don't know whether to laugh or cry"

This is all we need to do to make our sport better:

1 Reduce the number of players from 15 to 13.
2 Allow the hand pass to take any shape apart from a definite throw - open or closed hand, overhand striking action etc
3 Allow all free's to be taken by hand-pass if the team receiving the free wishes
4 Take away the 'too short' rule for free's and kick outs
5 Introduce immediate yellow cards for any pull of the jersey and immediate red cards for 'last man' tackle, or denying a clear goal scoring opportunity

This will get rid of an awful lot of the cynicism and disgusting displays of anti football we've seen in the past 15 years - I'm embarrassed watching this and comparing it to Aussie Rules and to a certain extent hurling

With all the giving out about the hand pass, why not just ban it altogether, you'd definetly see "foot"ball then!

Gabriel_Hurl

Can't believe I paid 20 bucks to watch this shite

Armaghgeddon

What are you all on about?
This is the best game since Armagh vs Tyrone in 2005.

Jinxy

I would agree with my Kildare friend that they should win this by at least 6 points.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tyssam5

Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2011, 07:03:38 PM
G'wan Pat!!

He's looking for a bit of 'gay abandon' in the 2nd half. Good luck with that.

thewobbler

Weepetesalegend should football ever become 13 a side, we might as well rename it 'running quickly into space'. Thanks, but I'd prefer the game we have.