Dún na nGall v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 30, 2011, 08:41:54 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2011, 08:33:14 PM
Kildare doing a bit of cynical fouling here.
Hardly as cynical as trying to take John Doyle out of the game in the first couple of minutes  :-\

Is that a fact? Or your opinion? The coverage I saw wasn't exactly clear on that point.

Offalylad

haze

Kildare cynicism cost them. Really enjoyable 2nd half and extra time. Fair play to Donegal lads- they certainly have guts

agorm

Disappointed to see kildare lose at the end. Thought it would be a draw.

I dont know the players but Kildare were on the attack when they were a point up and one of their players had the ball. Johnny Doyle broke free to his left and asked for the ball but the player kick passed it into the right corner where they lost the ball and the equaliser was scored from that. That was crucial. In fairness to Donegal their last two points were great scores.

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on July 30, 2011, 08:46:36 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on July 30, 2011, 08:41:54 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2011, 08:33:14 PM
Kildare doing a bit of cynical fouling here.
Hardly as cynical as trying to take John Doyle out of the game in the first couple of minutes  :-\

Is that a fact? Or your opinion? The coverage I saw wasn't exactly clear on that point.
My opinion...maybe it was just coincidental that it happened to be Kildare's danger man.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

FL/MAYO

From the Bunker

Jez, Marty Morrisey should have worn a white jersey! His commentry was all about Kildare (not Kildares fault). Kildare have been the love child of RTE for the last 2 years. had to watch extra time with the volume down.

J70

Sweet f**king jesus that was intense!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Firstly, very hard luck to Kildare. Ref should probably have blown it up, and they had a perfectly good goal disallowed, an incident which appeared to sting Donegal into life for the rest of the game. We should have won that game in normal game when we missed a few easy chances after the goal, but I have never seen such a gutsy performance from a Donegal team as I did in that second period of extra time! I thought we were dead and buried, especially when Cassidy missed the first chance, but what a way to win it!! Lacey was immense and should be a cert for another All Star, but McGee and the rest of the defense and the likes of McHugh and Bradley had superb games as well. Midfield we struggled in at times, but Neil Gallagher and Cassidy were superb in the second period of extra time when we depserately needed to win some ball. Murphy, for a player who was plainly not fit, hit a couple of great scores and a pressure free towards the end to reduce it to a point. Bad day for McFadden, but he was surrounded by several players every time the ball went near him.

People talk about us with the systematic fouling... how many times was Ryan Bradley taken out in extra time?

Sheedy

delighted for donegal. fair play to them, they kept going when they looked dead and buried.
nil satis nisi optimum

NP 76

Quote from: bridgegael on July 30, 2011, 08:44:28 PM
karl lacey had some game!
Lacey outstanding covererd  every blade of grass on the field

randomtask

Most importantly fair play to the two teams, the slagging they got at half time from RTE was over the top in my opinion, from the second half onwards it was a fantastic game where every player but every ounce of energy to win any ball. That game will live long in the memory, cassidy had some balls on him going for that final score after missing from a similar distance just minutes before. Kildare will be devastated with the loss after being three points up in extra time as well as the dubious goal. A replay probably would have been a fair result but congratulations Donegal!!!! This coming from a Tyrone man, we look forward to meeting use in the semi ;)

Sheedy

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2011, 08:54:01 PM
Jez, Marty Morrisey should have worn a white jersey! His commentry was all about Kildare (not Kildares fault). Kildare have been the love child of RTE for the last 2 years. had to watch extra time with the volume down.
+1
nil satis nisi optimum

bcarrier

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 30, 2011, 08:57:08 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2011, 08:54:01 PM
+1
+2 McStay is as bad.

TyroneRahilly

What a nail biting finish to the game. Well done to Donegal, although a draw would have been a much fairer result. Should have been a free in for Kildare before donegals final attack, plus the disallowed goal was not right. Saying that, kildares overly obvious cynical fouling was annoying to watch, but the last 2 great Donegal scores were the best iv seen under such huge pressure.

Overall, didn't think much of either team, can't see Donegal progressing any further. Would like to meet them in the semi final if we can beat Dublin, which I doubt, although I think we, Tyrone, will book our place in the final if we overcome the dubs.

mckieran

QuoteJez, Marty Morrisey should have worn a white jersey! His commentry was all about Kildare (not Kildares fault). Kildare have been the love child of RTE for the last 2 years. had to watch extra time with the volume down.

All I heard him saying over & over was what a tactical defensive game it was...