Started by RedandGreenSniper, July 24, 2011, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Quote from: seafoid on July 25, 2011, 02:49:24 PM
Quote from: ross matt on July 25, 2011, 02:33:54 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 25, 2011, 02:21:21 PM
Quote from: stevetharlear on July 25, 2011, 12:06:14 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 25, 2011, 11:16:01 AM
Cork lost so many big matches before finally winning that all-Ireland last year. Cork are nobodies in the bigger scheme of football things. They only have 6 or 7 all-Irelands in total.
Galway have more and Mayo beat Galway so FFS get the head right Mayo and go out and win.
Also,they haven't lost to anyone bar Kerry in 8 years, they're totally useless. I'm sure they also would have struggled to beat London.

I was so relieved for them that they won the all-Ireland last year. I thought they would outdo Clann na nGael.

Make sure you get an anti - Ross dig in even on  a Cork/Mayo thread.  Suppose not many Galway threads left for you in fairness.
ross Matt

I didn't realise you Rossies were so touchy. Go and win the all-Ireland, will you and lighten up.
The Ross and Mayo threads are fascinating and much more interesting than watching Galway lose.

Ah its you that needs to lighten up I think lonely boy.

Tubberman

Quote from: Jinxy on July 25, 2011, 03:50:00 PM
They're great men for starting rows alright.
Tubberman would remind you of Anthony Finnerty.

Well I do have a fine head of curls alright....
The 09 match doesn't rankle enough to get worked up about it though - sorry about that, but there'll be no self flagellation today  :D :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

are there no corkoians around to fight with at all .
is 2 bald men Fighting over a comb and a half hearted attempt to revive  the spirit of 96 the best we can do .
is this cork team really so watery and nondescript . the cork fans seem to think so
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballinaman

Wonder will St Patrick and the sombrero wearing cork lad square up on Sunday?.....be a tough one to call, Sombrero would have weight advantage but St Patrick might irritate him into submission...

ildanach

Quote from: ballinaman on July 25, 2011, 05:22:09 PM
Wonder will St Patrick and the sombrero wearing cork lad square up on Sunday?.....be a tough one to call, Sombrero would have weight advantage but St Patrick might irritate him into submission...

i'd say st patrick will be on the reek on sunday (hopefully!)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Farrandeelin

In 09 Mayo would have won if Kilcoyne hadn't got injured. He was playing well but f**k it what's done is done. Meath wanted the win more in the last 15 minutes.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Hardy

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: rosnarun on July 25, 2011, 05:18:24 PM
are there no corkoians around to fight with at all .
is 2 bald men Fighting over a comb and a half hearted attempt to revive  the spirit of 96 the best we can do .
is this cork team really so watery and nondescript . the cork fans seem to think so
The langers have there own forum, im sure you'll find someone to fight with you in there ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on July 25, 2011, 09:36:31 AM
That's more like it.
Cork are useless.

Completely - only lost to Kerry in the last 8 years at championship level. Dire outfit. So many other sides have such good records against Kerry.

Counihan has actually hit upon his best defence last Saturday. Thats the real story from last Saturday night. Cadogan really bolsters it up. Far superior footballer then hurler.

Fintan Gould is no slouch, Fiachra Lynch too. Sheehan is a massive loss and Goulding could be too. But I just cant see anyone bar Kerry beating them.

Jinxy

I can see Cork beating Kerry and losing the final.

imtommygunn

In my view...

Only Kerry can beat Cork however a few other teams can beat Kerry. Tyrone or Kildare could rattle Kerry - not sure Dublin could.

Kerry Mike

QuoteCadogan really bolsters it up. Far superior footballer then hurler.

When he plays football he can be good, but when he carrys on with the crap he and O'Leary and Canty etc do in every game he is a focking nuisance and will aim to get his marker booked and / or sent off, . Be careful Mayo
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Jinxy

It's the other way around in my view.
I think Dublin and Kildare would both have a great shout against Cork but Kerry would beat both of them.