Explosion in Oslo

Started by muppet, July 22, 2011, 02:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on July 23, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
The killer is probably suffering from some sort of mental disorder, like the man who shot Gabrille Giffords.

Any looney can shoot one person, especially in America where guns are easily available. But planting a bomb and then going off to shoot people requires great planning abilities, not temporary derangement.

One person or several, this took a great deal of planning. He registered a farm outside of the city about a year or two before the attack. This allowed him to buy large amounts of fetiliser without raising suspicion.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tyrones own

An absolutely dispicable crime especially to involve kids!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mylestheslasher

What a shocking story. Incredible that 1 guy could plot such an act and carry it out. There is not much that can be said except condolences to all who lost someone.

ziggysego

RIP to all the death and condolences to their family and friends. Some sick bastards in the world.
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

Max jail he can get is 21 years ??
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2011, 10:06:47 AM
RIP to all the death and condolences to their family and friends. Some sick b**tards in the world.
He's going to reveal all in court tomorrow. Have to wonder what perverted reason he has for snuffing out the lives of almost 100 people. He can rot in hell.

mylestheslasher

This is the type of maniac that intolerance of other beliefs fosters. Whether is be a hatred of Christians or Muslims, Black or White when an environment of that sort exists around a person or people it is only a matter of time before this type of event occurs. I suppose though most of this normally manifests in a drunken attack or some other small scale violence. What is shocking here is how this guy took his time planning this event with military precision to slaughter innocent people in this way. I'm not sure what can be done to stop such a thing happening in future which is the scary thing.

Maguire01

Very hard to comprehend one individual ruining so many lives. It will be interesting to hear his explanation, which he's going to give tomorrow, apparently. The fact that he can only get a maximum 21 years is crazy - he'll be free again in his early 50s!

mhacadoir

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/24/norway.manifesto.highlights/

Parts of his manifesto. The scary thing is that this guy has written a 1500 page document about his ideals, this wasn't just someone who flipped out and went crazy. The court case tomorrow could be a soapbox for the man, and the scary thing is that many far right people could laud him as a hero of sorts. That is seriously scary. Some of the pictures in todays papers are horrific

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 24, 2011, 11:05:41 AM
Very hard to comprehend one individual ruining so many lives. It will be interesting to hear his explanation, which he's going to give tomorrow, apparently. The fact that he can only get a maximum 21 years is crazy - he'll be free again in his early 50s!
I guess Norway have had a society that didn't require the worst punitive sentences available to them. I'd say this will spark a change. Any chance of getting him locked up in an institution for the rest of his natural?

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 24, 2011, 11:14:55 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 24, 2011, 11:05:41 AM
I guess Norway have had a society that didn't require the worst punitive sentences available to them. I'd say this will spark a change. Any chance of getting him locked up in an institution for the rest of his natural?
Could it spark a change in the law that could be applied to this case?
Regardless, I can't imagine he'd be too safe if he was released.

gawa316

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 24, 2011, 10:18:27 AM
Max jail he can get is 21 years ??

Holy shit if thats true that'll mean he'll serve less than 3 months per murder. Surely something will have to change

onefaircounty

Interesting debate I saw elsewhere. He is likely to go to one of two jails, and seeing photos of them would make you think it was a holiday home, really nice facilities.

Thew] point is that Norway do this on purpose to look after the prisoner and hopefully open him to remorse and make him feel like he has wronged and feels the guilt. The country has one of the lowest re-offending rates in the world.

There's an argument that their way could work (althouhg this guy should more than 21 years.)

muppet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259989

It is becoming clearer that Anders Behring Breivik, the 32-year-old suspect in Friday's attacks in Norway, held radical right-wing views.

Police chief Sveinung Sponheim said his internet postings "suggest that he has some political traits directed toward the right, and anti-Muslim views".

"But whether that was a motivation for the actual act remains to be seen," he told Norwegian broadcaster NRK.

Mr Breivik was a member of a Swedish neo-Nazi internet forum called Nordisk, according to Expo, a Swedish group monitoring far-right activity.

Online writings attributed to Mr Breivik suggest he believes Muslims are trying to "colonise" Western Europe and that he blames multiculturalism and "cultural Marxism" for permitting this.

In a post in Norwegian in an online forum on December 2009, a user named Anders Behring Breivik claims there is not one country where Muslims have peacefully lived with non-Muslims, stating that instead it has had "catastrophic consequences" for non-Muslims.

A 12-minute anti-Muslim video called Knights Templar 2083 in which images of Mr Breivik appear was also discovered online.
MWWSI 2017