Started by EC Unique, July 20, 2011, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2011, 01:34:28 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 24, 2011, 01:27:36 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2011, 12:43:27 AM
Up Roscommon.

Feck off you obsessive compulsive anti-Tyrone troll!  :D

Or should that be you compulsive uncontrollably not Tyrone?
:D

There is something in that....... like Biffo.

Collapsing Urchin Native Tyrone Oaf
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: trileacman on July 24, 2011, 12:54:02 PM
A million miles away the last day so hope to get closer today!

The Sheep Stealers:

G Claffey;

S McDermott, N Carty, S Purcell;

D Keenan, P Domican, D Ward;

M Finneran, K Mannion;

S O'Grady, K Higgins, C Cregg;

C Devaney, S Kilbride, D Shine.

There will be changes to that. Whats the news on Ward. Injured or not? Devaney, O'Grady and to a small extent Kilbride are under-pressure. The threat in this team is Domican, Ward, Mannion, maybe Finneran and Cregg and obviously Shine.

The Sam Stealers ;):
            Packie

Gormely    Joe       Swift      (Safest positions on the team.)

Philly      Ricey    Red Sean   (Ricey under pressure from Justy, think he'll last)

Hub     Sean              (Probably remain, would prefer to see Colm and Sean switch)

Colm     Harte     BMcG        (Safe, a good HF line)

Ducky

Tommy     Penrose         (One of these will make may for Penrose, Could be Coney.)

Would imagine Joe will take Shine, Gormley on Kilbride, Swift will sweep as Devaney does the same. Either that or Swift will pick up Higgins while Ricey takes the free role. Would prefer to see Red Sean in the free role, good passer, good engine, worst defender of the three. Philly will probably manage Cregg, the best rossie HF. Colm, Hub, Sean will play a 3 man midfield. Colm could be moved onto Mannion to negate his aerial prowess as Sean is not a great competitor at fielding and Hub, whilst strong is not the tallest. Roscommon with some dominance will boom kickouts long. Tyrone with the spare man will take them short. Domican will take pete with Ward trying to tire Mcguigan. Don't know anything about rossie FB line. Would imagine if Coney starts the FB will take him. Ducky, the hardest working of any FF trio plays in a more outfield role, hassling opponents and drifting into the hf line to win ball.

Tyrone by 2. 13 - 11.

Ward got concussion so he should be ok, O'Grady,Kilbride are both doubtful so Kenny,Darren McDermott are on stand by. Our full back line held Mayo's full forward line scoreless from play unlikely to happen v Tyrone & i expect Ormsby to start the next day.

Tyrone will win this because of the power of the bench (strength in depth) & us struggling to reach 12pts v any decent team but Longford gave ye a good test i'll be disappointed if we don't do the same.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Sure all the pressure will be on Tyrone. We have nothing to lose but probably won't tear into them which will be our undoing.
As R4life says we can't get past 12 points against good teams and we're hardly likely to improve on that stat in 2 weeks.
Ah sure it'll be a day out anyway and hopefully our minors will be the curtain raiser .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 24, 2011, 01:27:36 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2011, 12:43:27 AM
Up Roscommon.

Feck off you obsessive compulsive anti-Tyrone troll!  :D

Or should that be you compulsive uncontrollably not Tyrone?

Don't be so paranoid.
I've always been a big fan of Roscommon.
It's not always about YOU you know.
Typical Tyrone arrogance.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Throw ball

Wonder if there is any chance they will hold the Armagh Roscommon minor match before this qualifier. Would not mind watching both. Would be happy enough if Roscommon got one win too. ;)

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Almost a cert for Croker on Sat IMO. With hopefully Kildare v Donegal on with it.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ross matt

We will be complete outsiders for this match and rightfully considering who we are playing. That being said Tyrone are'nt what they were and I thought Armagh were very poor against them this weekend. We have nothing to lose at this stage by tearing in to them.

Unfortunately Kilbride looks like he is out so they can totally concentrate on stopping Shine. Finneran should ensure we compete well in midfield and our defenders should do ok. The problem is the way Tyrone can build from the back and counter attack at speed. Cregg will need to have a huge match in him to win midfield breaks, stop them coming out and land a few scores himself.

The bottom line for us is that we should be looking to have learned and improve from the Mayo match. The weather is unlikely to be as bad. If we want to progress at senior level over the next few years we need to be playing the likes of Tyrone so we can assess how far we have yet to go.

Radda bout yeee

I know its early in the week but the team I would like to see based on the fact that I think Tyrone will dispose of Roscommon and be thinking about the right team for Dublin:

Packie
Gormley
Joey
Ricey
Red Sean
Justy
Jordan
Hub
Sean C
Penrose
B McGuigan
Harte
T McGuigan
Donnelly
Coney/SON (if fit)

Moortown Spuds

Leaving out CC and Swift after Saturday's performance?

Strange!

EC Unique

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 25, 2011, 09:51:53 AM

I know its early in the week but the team I would like to see based on the fact that I think Tyrone will dispose of Roscommon and be thinking about the right team for Dublin:

Packie
Gormley
Joey
Ricey
Red Sean
Justy
Jordan
Hub
Sean C
Penrose
B McGuigan
Harte
T McGuigan
Donnelly
Coney/SON (if fit)

I would have Penrose in for T McGuigan and I hope Mugsey gets some game time to have him ready for the dubs.

Tubberman

Quote from: EC Unique on July 25, 2011, 10:01:07 AM

Packie
Gormley
Joey
Ricey
Red Sean
Justy
Jordan
Hub
Sean C
Penrose
B McGuigan
Harte
T McGuigan
Donnelly
Coney/SON (if fit)

I would have Penrose in for T McGuigan and I hope Mugsey gets some game time to have him ready for the dubs.

Ye should tell the Rossies what team and formation you'd like them to deploy to allow you prepare for Dublin as well.....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 25, 2011, 09:55:01 AM
Leaving out CC and Swift after Saturday's performance?

Strange!

Wasn't convinced with CC at all on Saturday and I think Penrose has to come back in somewhere.
As for Swift if he were to play against Roscommon I don't think he would do much wrong well apart from the odd big blunder he's prone to however as I worded it at the top of my team I feel we need to prepare for Dublin (not being hateful to Roscommon but just saying that IF we beat Roscommon we need to be prepared for the Dubs) therefore I feel Swift would be exposed against top quality forwards - ones who have been around the block a while and not just nexbies like Miceal O'Rourke who gave swift all sorts of problems in the first half! Ricey would be perfect for the Dubs! Just my opinion.
Throw into the mix that Justy HAS to play - you can't keep his sort of quality in reserve!

ross matt

Quote from: Tubberman on July 25, 2011, 10:30:40 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 25, 2011, 10:01:07 AM

Packie
Gormley
Joey
Ricey
Red Sean
Justy
Jordan
Hub
Sean C
Penrose
B McGuigan
Harte
T McGuigan
Donnelly
Coney/SON (if fit)

Ye should tell the Rossies what team and formation you'd like them to deploy to allow you prepare for Dublin as well.....

Good point Tubberman. Maybe we should check with them if they want to play 3 x 25 min games.... maybe some restricted matches for some of them..... actually we could wear blue jerseys if it would help!

Rossfan

Once we're able to keep the ball kicked out to them .........
If we can't does Ref abandon match and will CCCCCCCCCC have to meet and award the game to Tyrone?
Can we then appeal to DRA and the High court , Supeme court ,European Court etc  and delay the whole Championship ? ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Tyrone are like AIB. They were untouchable for a few years up to 2008.
Then the Lehman Brothers came along.