We Need an All-Star thread

Started by Dinny Breen, July 19, 2011, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: ross4life on September 18, 2011, 10:56:37 PM
Karl Lacey would be my pick.

He'd be mine - played at the top of his game during every game this year- never had an off day.

Drove Donegal to the semi and but for injury could have made the final.

ross4life

Sunday game panel went mostly for Alan Brogan player of the year & Cillian O'Connor young player.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

Player of the year is just media nonsense and it's always given to a member of the champion team.

Darren O'Sullivan for me.

DuffleKing

What was the sunday game team oof the year?

orangeman

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 19, 2011, 08:11:34 AM
What was the sunday game team oof the year?

Sunday game Team of the Year

1. S.Cluxton (Dublin)
2. M. Ó Sé (Kerry)
3. N. McGee (Donegal)
4. R. O'Carroll (Dublin)
5. K. Cassidy (Donegal)
6. K. Lacey (Donegal)
7. K. Nolan (Dublin)
8. B. Sheehan (Kerry)
9. J. Doyle (Kildare)
10. Darren O'Sullivan (Kerry)
11. A. Brogan (Dublin)
12. P. Flynn (Dublin)
13. C. Cooper (Kerry)
14. A. Moran (Mayo)
15. B. Brogan (Dublin

nrico2006

There is no way Bernard Brogan should get Player of the Year.  I think it should be one of the easiest decisions in a while this year with Karl Lacey being outstanding.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 19, 2011, 08:35:42 AM
There is no way Bernard Brogan should get Player of the Year.  I think it should be one of the easiest decisions in a while this year with Karl Lacey being outstanding.

Even Seanie Fitzpatrick could keep it tight in a 13 man defense.
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

It was the year of defending - it will be a cop out if a defender doesn't get it.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

boojangles

Nominations for Player of the Year IMO should be:

Bryan Sheehan- thrown into a new position and as the year wore on he dominated games. The games best free taker. He was my MOTM yesterday.

Darren O Sullivan- tore defences apart all year with his direct running often leading to goals. Took the responsibility off Gooch alot as Kerrys go to player this year.

Stephen Cluxton- has developed his game even further this year with his kick outs being of massive importance for Dublin. Anybody in doubt of his influence should watch the Tyrone game again where he consistently found runners perfectly with his quick kick outs. Then yesterday to top it all.

Alan Brogan- another who has developed his game further this year. Popped up with massive scores all year but it was his work rate and dropping deep to close out games that I feel he really deserves mention for.

Karl Lacey- performed whatever role he was asked to with class and conviction. Whether it was marking the oppositions best forward or playing centre half and driving at the opposition. His hunger for the ball and his constant running is immense. May have beaten Dublin had he stayed on the field.

muppet

I'd nominate:

Alan Brogan - I hope he gets it;

Colm McFadden - given the job of 6 men and did well at times;

Ben Brosnan - if one wanted a wildcard this would be my nomination;

Johnny Doyle - provided some of the best moments of the year before running out of steam a bit;

MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

It's a straight shoot-out between Lacey and A Brogan.

Alas while Lacey was the most influential player in the championship and his substitution in the AI SF was I consider the seminal moment in this years championship romance and the Dublin media will dictate that A Brogan will collect the award.
#newbridgeornowhere

Stevie g 8

alan brogan will get it with all the hype that surrounds dublin

PAULD123

I think that Cluxton really deserves to be player of the year. There has been no outstanding player this year like there was with Brogan last year. But Cluxton has been superb all season. I can not believe any keeper has contributed more to his county winning an All-Ireland final. A man who's job is essentially to stop shots has been instrumental in distribution, leadership and most importantly stepping up in the last minute to take all the pressure of 16 years of hurt on his shoulders.

If Cluxton is not player of the season then a goalkeeper can never be player of the season. I simply do not believe that an all-star is enough reward for his contribution.

AZOffaly

muppet

MWWSI 2017