An Dun v Corcaigh, Saturday 23rd July

Started by redandblackareback, July 16, 2011, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: DownFanatic on July 19, 2011, 02:40:20 PM
Im led to believe that there isn't too much interest in tickets so far across the county for Saturday's game.

cant you just turn up and get them outside the ground. I will just rturn up and get mine before throw in.

Banana Man

yeah i would say everyone is waiting to see who all can make the game before buying and a lot will buy at the gate - wouldn't worry about that

so any ideas on line up for saturday?

downgirl

Just google mapped my route from Cork...estimated fuel cost for a standard petrol car €35 each way!!!  No wonder the Cork lads aren't chomping at the bit to get to this match!!  How much are the tickets anyway?

Mid Down Gael

I see Michael Duffy from Sligo is the man in the middle for Saturday.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: downgirl on July 19, 2011, 04:38:56 PM
Just google mapped my route from Cork...estimated fuel cost for a standard petrol car €35 each way!!!  No wonder the Cork lads aren't chomping at the bit to get to this match!!  How much are the tickets anyway?

€25 on Ticketmaster, Down county board will likely be £25 sterling known them.

downgirl

Thanks MDG, might just get it from a ticket van on the day!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: downgirl on July 19, 2011, 05:58:01 PM
Thanks MDG, might just get it from a ticket van on the day!

I reakon many supporters will do likewise, much handier.

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 19, 2011, 05:40:15 PM

Fussy wee shite...will not help either team having him in the middle!

passedit

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on July 19, 2011, 07:13:30 PM

Don't know about that NP, if he's fussy enough to stop Noel O Leary riding Martin Clarke things might work a bit better for Down.

I sincerely hope James has a plan to win our own kick outs sat night, If we do that at least we will win
Don't Panic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: passedit on July 19, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on July 19, 2011, 07:13:30 PM

Don't know about that NP, if he's fussy enough to stop Noel O Leary riding Martin Clarke things might work a bit better for Down.

I sincerely hope James has a plan to win our own kick outs sat night, If we do that at least we will win

Down shouldnt worry too much about corks midfield imo, murphy is injured and oconnor is a very limited footballer..............walsh is not near any sort of form, looked like he was in the saddle all night before the kerry game.............. however he could turn it on on sat.......................down have a great chance, marshall paddy kelly well....................super footballer

Orior

Why are there no Cork posters on GAA Board?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

PAULD123

The loss of Sheehan and Colm O'Neill are obvious difficulties for Cork.

The loss of Murphy is being played down as he wasn't a regular starter, which is fair enough. However he was a regular substitute. He is used to replace a midfielder (normally Walsh) in most games. I guess that is to keep energy levels up in that sector, as Cork build much of their success on their ability to win midfield primary ball. The fact that they won't have the ability to freshen up the midfield in this way may or may not have a bearing on the game, we can only wait to see. But it could be more important than it first seems.

snoopdog

Croker colour clash resolutions
20 July 2011

All four teams will sport alternative colours for Saturday's Croke Park qualifier double header.

As the first-choice strips would have led to a clash of colours for both the Kildare V Derry and Down V Cork matches, the four sides change to their second strips.

This means Kildare will be the Lilygreens as they lock horns with a Derry side sporting all red.

And two sides that normally wear red will change to white and black respectively: Cork will again wear the white jerseys used in last year's All-Ireland final against Down, but the Mourne men - who wore yellow last September - have registered a new black second strip.

It should all make for a colourful spectacle at HQ.

real food, real people

This new black strip just a replica of the keepers jersey then?

snoopdog

Quote from: real food, real people on July 20, 2011, 04:07:13 PM
This new black strip just a replica of the keepers jersey then?

yep as far as i know, not that it will have any effect on the outcome of the match.
but that thing they wore for last years AI and the previous years u21 All Ireland finals was minging.