Cluiche Ceannais Iomanaiochta, 4.9.2011 Cill Chainnigh-Tiobraid Arainn

Started by seafoid, July 14, 2011, 10:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Judging by the chatter there is only one match worth talking about.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0713/1224300652267.html
THE REMORSELESS nature of both provincial hurling finals leaves us under no illusions about the remainder of the season. Assuming that the All-Ireland will be between Tipperary and Kilkenny, it will be the third successive final to match the counties.  So to all intents and purposes, Kilkenny and Tipp are on the verge of making history this September

What are the chances of a slip up by either team ?   

AZOffaly

Can Galway keep this form going? They are probably the only team left with the required talent. Who knows whether they'll turn up or not though? I presume Galway would be in line for a game v Kilkenny in the semi final if they beat Waterford? That's no walkover for Kilkenny, in my opinion.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 14, 2011, 10:29:13 AM
Can Galway keep this form going? They are probably the only team left with the required talent. Who knows whether they'll turn up or not though? I presume Galway would be in line for a game v Kilkenny in the semi final if they beat Waterford? That's no walkover for Kilkenny, in my opinion.

What about Tipp ? They only won 4 all-Irelands in the last 40 years. And the hype is massive.

AZOffaly

Yeah, but I think it's set up nicely for Tipp to make the final. Dublin or Limerick are not at that level yet. If Galway were playing Tipp I'd be thinking the same thing about them. Of course Waterford will have something to say about it.