The 140th Open Championship

Started by laoislad, July 11, 2011, 01:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Can someone tell me is big Clarke a Prod or a Cafflic? Not that I care, just curious.

Oh sorry wrong golfer

michaelg

Quote from: laoislad on July 18, 2011, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 18, 2011, 09:00:42 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2011, 08:54:54 PM
What? They organise golf in a 32-county Ireland? Surely that's provocative to the unionist community! Is that why the golf clubs of the six counties are a cold house for protestants?

Hell yeah. No sick county banners in golf clubs here. You'll only ever see the proper ulster emblem.
Don't believe everything that auld hag from the Ardoyne says

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2011, 11:17:51 AM
I've read some shite on this board in my day, but the syllable-by-syllable parsing of Rory McIlroy's off the cuff answers to inane questions is right up there. Why are people avidly searching for hints of a slight dip in his likeability quotient? I'd hate to be that lad if this the level of analysis to which his every utterance will be subjected.

Well done Darren. It was strange to be cheering a Tyrone win but it was easier because there was no diving.

Red C poll out tomorrow:

Enda Kenny..... 101% (down 7% all in Roscommon)
Rory McIlroy.... -3% (down 103%)
Darren Clarke... 100% (not rated before yesterday)
Hardy................50% (down 25% in Tyrone but up 25% elsewhere for Meath losing)
O'Neill.............. up £1,000
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 18, 2011, 09:25:22 PM
Can someone tell me is big Clarke a Prod or a Cafflic? Not that I care, just curious.

Oh sorry wrong golfer

Apparently pastafarian.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yer Ma

Quote from: Minder on July 18, 2011, 08:07:41 PM
McIlroy and the woman have split up.

My missus said her bake was on the screen a bit too often during that documentary about Rory on the other night. Maybe Rory watched it back and decided that too.

whitegoodman

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 18, 2011, 09:36:17 PM
Portrush can handle 150k for the motor bike competition each year.

Good point

FL/MAYO

On the Golf Channel last night the U.S commentators were talking about the possibility of the Open going to Portrush. One of the big shots from the R&A said it would be very possible in the next 10 years.

Minder

I can't see it but we are good at begging so you never know.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Quote from: FL/MAYO on July 18, 2011, 11:26:13 PM
On the Golf Channel last night the U.S commentators were talking about the possibility of the Open going to Portrush. One of the big shots from the R&A said it would be very possible in the next 10 years.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19075.0

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on July 18, 2011, 11:32:09 PM
I can't see it but we are good at begging so you never know.
If the loyalists on the north coast start rioting they might get a grant for it.

heganboy

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2011, 12:13:46 AM
The thing about Darren is that there'll be a 76 carded at some stage.

he can post 76 from here til next year, and he'll still have the 2M cheque from Dunlop golf...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Applesisapples

Quote from: Minder on July 18, 2011, 07:55:31 PM
I wouldnt have thought Portrush has the infrastructure to hold a British Open but that doesent seem to stop fellas like Stephen Watson almost demanding it now because of the recent success of our local British golfers.
Everybody gives poor aul Sidey a hard time, but Watson is the most annoying reporter on BBC.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 19, 2011, 08:59:30 AM
Quote from: Minder on July 18, 2011, 07:55:31 PM
I wouldnt have thought Portrush has the infrastructure to hold a British Open but that doesent seem to stop fellas like Stephen Watson almost demanding it now because of the recent success of our local British golfers.
Everybody gives poor aul Sidey a hard time, but Watson is the most annoying reporter on BBC.
Not just the BBC he's even worse than Marty, but not Spillane though....Although he's hardly a reporter, more of an expert analyst. :D

AQMP

Judging from Arlene Foster's input to Talkback yesterday negotiations seem to be at an advanced stage to bring the Irish Open to Portrush in the next couple of years.  She was saying that this would be a good way to show the R&A that Portrush can handle a big golf event.  I'm not 100% sure but I think the earliest the Open could come to Portrush would be 2016??