The 140th Open Championship

Started by laoislad, July 11, 2011, 01:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2011, 03:54:25 PM
ANother tenner EW on Clarke, taking me over the £1000 barrier placed on him in 15 years without return.

;D

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2011, 03:54:25 PM
ANother tenner EW on Clarke, taking me over the £1000 barrier placed on him in 15 years without return.

Something appropriate about it being a tonne.
MWWSI 2017

whitegoodman

BBC 1 1045 this evening, show on Rory and GMac's preparation for the Open followed by general preview show on BBC 2 at 1130.

Don Johnson

Tips from the Racing Post supplement.

Steve Palmer (main golf tipster):

Schwartzel 2pts ew
McDowell 2pts ew
Choi 1.5pts ew
Harrington 1.5pts ew
Jacobson 1pt ew
Palmer 0.5pts ew

Jeremy Chapman:

Stricker 2pts ew
Donald 2pts ew
Jacobson 1pt ew
Goosen 1pt ew
Kuchar 1pt ew

Aaron Boone

Those looking for a Todd Hamilton/Ben Curtis-style winner, can go to Steve Marino this time.

Bogball XV

Snedeker might be worth a shout, missed the cut last week, but fired a 6 odd under in the second round.  Garcia has to be in the mix and putting mightn't be as important with the winds they're expecting.  Clarkey is reknowned for his wind play too, but Rory isn't as last year's second round showed.
Other lads I might back if the prices are big enough are Mark Wilson, Aiken, Jacquelin, Na, Baddeley, Colsaerts, Manassero.  €2 a pop on betfair and most of them are about 400/1 odd.
Sure if you back enough, you might get a run with one of them!!  It's all about bragging rights isn't it?

Don Johnson

Clann Eireann in Lurgan doing a good thing, you pay £10, pick six players and whoever has the lowest score for the tournament wins £500.

Nice wee interest to have the whole tournament, this is the second time they have done it after the US Open.

Anyway at the US Open I had a US PGA website that allowed me to create a mini leaderboard with my six players at the top so i could keep track of them, anywhere with the sae for this?

For the record I did two this time. One was Steve Palmer's picks above (with McIlroy instead of Jacobson). I can't remember the other six and can't find my sheet now!

Radda bout yeee

Who does your man McWilliams tip in Irish News? His tips are never far away and I think i'll have a flutter.

AZOffaly

Not a great start for McIlroy. +2 after 3.

I had a small e/w on Westwood, Kuchar and McDowell

Rossie11

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 14, 2011, 08:50:44 AM

Anyway at the US Open I had a US PGA website that allowed me to create a mini leaderboard with my six players at the top so i could keep track of them, anywhere with the sae for this?

http://scoring.opengolf.com/leaderboard.sps?iTourNo=2011060&optsel=pos&lang=en
Don is this what your looking for. If you click on the flags beside the players you want to keep track of and then sort by marked players in the drop down menu it should do the job.

Backed Goosen Swartzel Overton Dyson Gmac and Harrington

Don Johnson

Good man Rossie that is exactly what I meant, able to track them a lot easier now.

Did a three ball bet not looking great:

Poulter 5/4
McIlroy 10/11
Donald 1/1
Fisher 11/8
Karlsson 5/6

Canalman

Small e/ws on

Cabrera
Schwarzel.

Stuck a small amount on Dustin Johnson to win.

screenexile

Have Donald and Manassero done e/w top 6 pay out.

Donald 11/1 and Manassero 55/1.

ONeill

Good morning for Darren. He's had a full English breakfast followed by a continental. Now munching on a load of fruit washed down with a strawberry milkshake.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 14, 2011, 08:50:44 AM

For the record I did two this time. One was Steve Palmer's picks above (with McIlroy instead of Jacobson). I can't remember the other six and can't find my sheet now!

The iPhone has an excellent Open app that does it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.