if i won the euromillions..

Started by lawnseed, July 10, 2011, 09:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: laoislad on July 11, 2011, 01:09:55 PM
Buy a few schools and make the teachers work during the summer.

Why are you moaning about teachers - you aren't even a parent yet?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

passedit

Far better to earn it.

QuoteBored lottery winner drinks himself to death

Indo-Asian News Service, Updated: October 25, 2010 18:21 IST
Comments

London:  A Briton who became bored after he gave up his job following his nine-million pound lottery win has drunk himself to death, a media report said Monday.

Keith Gough, 58, was thought to be penniless when he died in March after suffering a heart attack brought on by drinking and stress, Daily Mail reported on its website.

But Gough, father of two, had actually left nearly 800,000 pounds in his will, it emerged last week.

Gough of Bridgnorth, Shropshire, won the lottery in 2005. He bought top-of-the-range BMW, racehorses and an executive box at Aston Villa Football Club with the money.

He and his wife, who were married for 27 years, separated two years later after Gough quit his job and began drinking heavily out of "boredom".

He moved to Cheshire where he rented a one-million pound home and hired a chauffeur and a gardener on annual salaries of 25,000 pounds and 15,000 pounds respectively.

But he blew a fortune on gambling and was duped out of more than 700,000 pounds by conman James Prince, who persuaded him to invest in bogus business schemes.

Gough claimed in an interview last year that his life had been "ruined" by his lottery win.

He said: "Without routine in my life I started to spend, spend, spend. In the end I was just bored."

"Before the win, all I would drink was some wine with a meal. I used to be popular but I've driven away all my friends. I don't trust anyone anymore."

"When I see someone going in to a newsagent, I advise them not to buy a lottery ticket."

For NDTV Updates, follow us on Twitter or join us on Facebook

Story first published:
October 25, 2010 18:20 IST

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/bored-lottery-winner-drinks-himself-to-death-62264&cp
Don't Panic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2011, 12:34:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2011, 12:33:02 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2011, 12:15:30 PM
I'd buy a car and get it converted, I'd buy a house and get it converted. Give my immediate family a fee million each. Give a million to the local GAA club, 10 million to set up a charity fund and put the rest in the bank.
Would be a heap of use gathering interest in the bank!

I'd live off the interest.
Unfortunately with low interest rates at the minute that would be about £15k a week.

Just Puck It

Quote from: laoislad on July 11, 2011, 01:09:55 PM
Buy a few schools and make the teachers work during the summer.

Are you going to throw the kids a few quid too, to give up their summer to give these few teachers you have working something to do?

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2011, 01:52:53 PM
I'd buy a car and get it converted, I'd buy a house and get it converted. Give my immediate family a fee million each. Give a million to the local GAA club, 10 million to set up a charity fund and put the rest in the bank.

Unfortunately with low interest rates at the minute that would be about £15k a week.

F**k that I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 150!

muppet

Quote from: screenexile on July 11, 2011, 04:39:19 PM

150!?

Just had a nap. Is ! our new currency now?

How many € in a !?
MWWSI 2017

mc_grens

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2011, 04:48:27 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 11, 2011, 04:39:19 PM

150!?

Just had a nap. Is ! our new currency now?

How many € in a !?

Fantastic.

lawnseed

wouldnt mind the new land cruiser amazon in white
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orangemac

I would give everyone on GAA board with over 500 posts €100k each and sign up Paddy O'Rourke for another 10 years :)

ildanach

i would bank roll a mayo all ireland win- maybe even hire mick o dwyer as a consultant (but he would do that for nothing!)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

lawnseed

wonder how much castledillon would cost

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orangemac on July 11, 2011, 10:51:50 PM
I would give everyone on GAA board with over 500 posts €100k each and sign up Paddy O'Rourke for another 10 years :)
Good man yourself. Make sure you buy a ticket!

lawnseed

just gonna do it for tonight.. ;) if your not in you cant win

Square Ball

Quote from: Orangemac on July 11, 2011, 10:51:50 PM
and would our multi personalities posters get more than one present?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Jimmy

Saw a book once, the 1001 greatest golf holes. Would buy it and try and do them all.

And i'd always be somewhere where it's summer. Hate the feckin winter.