An Mhí v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 10, 2011, 07:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 12, 2011, 11:57:38 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 12, 2011, 11:56:44 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 12, 2011, 10:59:47 AM
d) Tomás O'Connor is sent off for decapitating the Meath full back.

He'd be back to being an Offaly man then!

He IS an Offaly man.

He's no more an Offaly man than Obama.

*for the time being anyway
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 12, 2011, 11:59:55 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 12, 2011, 11:57:38 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 12, 2011, 11:56:44 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 12, 2011, 10:59:47 AM
d) Tomás O'Connor is sent off for decapitating the Meath full back.

He'd be back to being an Offaly man then!

He IS an Offaly man.

He's no more an Offaly man than Obama.

*for the time being anyway

Correct.

Offalylad

Bet he's fairly relieved his auld lad moved down to Kildare now, given the current situations of both teams.

Jinxy

If the official capacity of Pairc Tailteann is 28,000, but it can only hold a maximum of 20,000 on health and safety grounds, should the official capacity not be 20,000?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Royalranter

Quote from: Jinxy on July 12, 2011, 01:45:35 PM
If the official capacity of Pairc Tailteann is 28,000, but it can only hold a maximum of 20,000 on health and safety grounds, should the official capacity not be 20,000?

That's what you'd think, isn't it. I've been told its because of the ends with grass on them, even though they were 'safe' for the Galway game, they're now 'unsafe' for the kildare match, hence the reduced capacity. It's a bit of a strange one
Let em know your there

Hardy

Must be something to do with horses.

DB_An_Mhi

I guess they got a slightly bigger crowd than they were expecting for the Galway match, given the nice evening that it was and the fact the game wasn't on TV. Lower admission prices and free for kids helped as well. When you are taking cash at the turnstiles there is some flexibility when announcing attendances if a capacity limit has been placed on H&S grounds, so long as you do not get a crowd way in excess of that figure. But when a game like Kildare comes up where the likelihood / probability is an even greater crowd which may very well become a real issue where capacity is concerned (with far more than a safe excess amount), well then they have to take action and leave nothing to chance. All ticket is the only way to go. The increased prices and TV coverage will/would have reduced this scenario. It is slightly strange situation where the grass banks are concerned. They are either safe (comply) or not but it would appear it is more about numbers than actual occupation. If they keep the capacity to a certain level, that the stands and terracing can handle, if people wander behind the goals that appears to be fine (H&S wise). Not an issue in real terms unless wet and densely populated.

meathie

Yes except that it is meant to be wet and windy on sat/sat eve. so are they going to block off the 2 grass end hills? hopefully not just wont be as many as last sat I suspect. bro got text from club only 60 terrace tickets been given there. scimpy I think. I have season ticket so hopefully will be able to flash the card again this weekend, no queueing!

Dinny Breen

Not the same craic rolling down the terraces.
#newbridgeornowhere

DB_An_Mhi

Hard to say for sure but it is a possibility that the hospital end may be closed or people asked/encouraged to move elsewhere. There are some railings at the O'Mahonys end so they may allow a limited amount of people to stand behind that goal. Who knows. Lets hope they show some discretion and common sense. I'll head for the concrete terracing, stand right up behind the wall, best view and somewhat protected from the elements. Only downside is making sure birds do not drop their bombs if you stand underneath the floodlight pylons!

Royalranter

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 12, 2011, 02:58:45 PM
Not the same craic rolling down the terraces.

But you wont get grass stains on the knees of your trousers rolling down terraces
Let em know your there

meathie

Id like to see some all white lillies rolling down the hill. Ill have daz at the ready!

Stevie g 8

shock of the weekend here.Meath by 3

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2011, 02:39:53 PM
Must be something to do with horses.

Sure them Meath horses have trouble getting up grass hills. Twas no bother to the Kildare trained animal on the right:
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

:D  Born and reared in Tipperary. As Kildare as Brian Lacey!