Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 21, 2011, 04:09:48 PM
There's talk that this will be pretty close to a sell out

I would imagine so, there was 6500 in Aughrim last week, there will be no bother getting 5000 in omagh
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

tyrone86

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 21, 2011, 04:12:35 PM

I would imagine so, there was 6500 in Aughrim last week, there will be no bother getting 5000 in omagh

Aye, but 5000 is only the stand. The other 13000 might have been a bit harder to shift.

EC Unique

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 21, 2011, 02:48:50 PM
Ticket Allocation!

Correct the following if i'm wrong:
there are 5,000 seats in the healy park stand.
therefore each county could expect to recieve 2,000 tickets each - leaving county teams family, county board members etc, club tyronies with no clubs with the remaining 1,000.
my calculating is approx 50 clubs in tyrone = 40 seats per club?

NOW if this is all correct how come when my club rang to order a fairly reasonable 29 seated tickets they were told they would be lucky to get 20?

Does the amount just get divided by the number of clubs or does it depend on the size of the club? Plus I doubt 1000 would cover the list you named.

ONeill

It's hard to take the Thursday team sheets seriously now. Last time Tyrone changed nearly half of it!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Onion Bag

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 21, 2011, 04:16:09 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on July 21, 2011, 04:12:35 PM

Aye, but 5000 is only the stand. The other 13000 might have been a bit harder to shift.

ive lost the plot ty86, for some feckin reason something was telling me Augrim and Omagh were of similar size, 

Onion Bag

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2011, 04:24:48 PM
It's hard to take the Thursday team sheets seriously now. Last time Tyrone changed nearly half of it!

Take a stab in the dark there ON

seanaglis

When armagh played tyrone in the past, the tyrone forward line always had one player that would make the difference, hence tyrone edged the tight battles.

Think PTG in 2003, SON in 2005 and 2009.

When Tyrone won the AI in 2008, Cavanagh was at Full Forward and was in the form of his life.

They dont seem to have a game-winner (like those mentioned above) in the forward line at the moment.

I feel that armagh could edge a tight battle as they should be hungrier.

Stevie g 8

any word on how bad stephen o neills hamstring injury is or how long he,s out for.massive loss

Moortown Spuds

Can you imagine the blowing of the horns from the returning Armagh faithful as they go through Moy? For that reason I expect Sean Cav to have a clinker and send them home down the M1.

mountainboii

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 21, 2011, 04:06:27 PM
Armagh team will look something like this:

1 Paul Hearty
2 Andy Mallon
3 Brendan Donaghy
4 Paul Duffy
5 Aaron Kernan
6 Kevin Dyas
7 Finian Moriarity
8 James Lavery
9 Charlie Vernon
10 Tony Kernan
11 Stevie Mc Donnell
12 Billy Joe Padden
13 Jamie Clarke
14 Malachy Mackin
15 Micael O Rourke

They may not all play in them positions but i dont think them players will be far away

I'd imagine a place will be found for Hanratty. Padden on a Tyrone wing back is not an appealing prospect.

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2011, 04:24:48 PM

I don't think many do. Their only purpose is to put numbers against names so that the spectators know who's who on the day. They're not a serious attempt at naming the starting line-up anymore.  Many managers/selectors don't have their teams picked by Thursday, but the programmes have to be printed, so they just give them  a list of names and numbers - typically the same as the last game. The team might be picked on the Saturday or on the bus and the starting fifteen is called out on the PA.

It's be much handier if every team just announced squad numbers for the year.

Onion Bag

Quote from: AFS on July 21, 2011, 04:43:24 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on July 21, 2011, 04:06:27 PM
Armagh team will look something like this:

1 Paul Hearty
2 Andy Mallon
3 Brendan Donaghy
4 Paul Duffy
5 Aaron Kernan
6 Kevin Dyas
7 Finian Moriarity
8 James Lavery
9 Charlie Vernon
10 Tony Kernan
11 Stevie Mc Donnell
12 Billy Joe Padden
13 Jamie Clarke
14 Malachy Mackin
15 Micael O Rourke

They may not all play in them positions but i dont think them players will be far away

I'd imagine a place will be found for Hanratty. Padden on a Tyrone wing back is not an appealing prospect.

Def not, but that is why i said that they may not play in them positions

David McKeown

As I said earlier in the thread, I think Armagh and Tyrone are close in terms of players but this match will be won and lost on the line. Armagh have been poor there all year whilst Tyrone have in Mickey Harte one of the all time greats. As a result I fully expect Tyrone to win a canter. Hope I'm wrong though.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Onion Bag

Tyrone have strength and depth throughout the panel, the 15 that starts are under pressure as they have 4-5 men as good as them on the bench. they have various options in nearly every position on the field, from Goal keep to no 15, whereas the Armagh team sort picks itself due to the lack of quality on the bench and injuries,

Applesisapples

Quote from: David McKeown on July 21, 2011, 04:57:04 PM
As I said earlier in the thread, I think Armagh and Tyrone are close in terms of players but this match will be won and lost on the line. Armagh have been poor there all year whilst Tyrone have in Mickey Harte one of the all time greats. As a result I fully expect Tyrone to win a canter. Hope I'm wrong though.
Would agree with that.