Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2011, 11:00:53 AM
Pauld what size is yer ma?
Mine is very small.

I was just thinking last night that the Armagh v Tyrone rivalry has certainly added to the past 10 years for both teams. As someone already said Armagh have suffered a bit at the hands of Tyrone in the big games and had they a bit more luck they could have been the team sitting with 3 AI's not Tyrone.

In all sport, drama, intensity, a bit of foul play & revenge sure adds to the overall spectacle. I've been to other games in Croker where there is hardly any passion or atmosphere and its not much fun. Tyrone winning of Ulster the past few years and Armagh's great runs before that were becoming boring.
The sheer joy and ecstasy on the faces of the Donegal fans last weekend and the pain on the Derry ones helps to keep the passion in our games.
I kinda feel sorry for the poor Dubs as they win Leinster at a canter each year without much of a battle most games and then they're coming in cold to a team in the 1/4's who have won 3 or 4 in a row with great momentum and team spirit.
I think that's why they appreciate the exciting games they had with Tyrone in 2005 & the time they beat Armagh up in Clones.
I will never forgot the feeling in my stomach in 2003 final, being surrounded by Armagh fans in the upper Cusack but still being able to shout my heart out. The tension & uncertainty right up the final kick was unreal and every year I know we might never experience that again.
Agreed, good post.

ONeill

I'm off to Portugal the day after the match so if we lose I can literally escape from the country.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

In Greek mythology, apples were associated with the healing god Apollo, perhaps the source for the modern-day adage that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. In medieval times, physicians were taught that cooked apples could relieve disturbances of the bowels, lungs and nervous system. The custom of serving fresh fruit, particularly apples, at the end of a meal arose because of the favorable effects on digestion attributed to them by the physicians Hippocrates and Galen. Plus apple juice was one of the earliest prescribed antidepressants.
"Apples are a good source of soluble fiber, especially pectin, which helps control insulin levels by slowing the release of sugar into your bloodstream. Pectin also helps reduce cholesterol levels by lowering insulin secretion."
We now also know that apples fairly shine in antioxidant phytochemicals; the principal ones identified so far are phenolics and the flavonoid quercetin.

Research suggests that natural antioxidants like these could be even more effective than vitamin supplements. Comell University researchers, for example, have found that the amount of fresh apple extract from a medium apple with skin provides the antioxidant activity equal to 1,500 milligrams of vitamin C. Using colon cancer cells treated with apple extract, the scientists found that cell proliferation was inhibited in vitro. The researchers also tested the apple extract against human liver cancer cells and again found inhibition of the growth of those cells. People who eat lots of apples may have lower rates of lung cancer, judging by a study done in Finland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

The terms bush and shrub have similar meanings and we use them interchangeably on this site to describe a low woody perennial plant that usually has several stems. Bushes (or shrubs) are often the anchors of a landscape. Bushes come in a multitude of sizes, colors, shapes and many have flowering attributes. The contrasting leaf colors can be positively riveting for the eye. A good example of such shrubs would be row of Diabalo Ninebarks fronted by a row of Little Henry Sweetspire. The lighter bright green leaves of the sweetspire contrast so distinctly with the Diabalo Ninebark. Because there are so many uses and so many distinctive combinations for shrubs and bushes, it is up to you to decide what species please your eye.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quoteit is up to you to decide what species please your eye.

Tyronicus Beardus Bushyious

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fuzzman

Is that not McGeenicus Kildaricus

omagh_gael

Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2011, 01:50:45 PM
Quoteit is up to you to decide what species please your eye.

Tyronicus Beardus Bushyious

Datsun Donaghy trying to revive the spirit of '08.

ziggysego

The All-Ireland winning Armagh team

Testing Accessibility

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2011, 01:08:56 PM
I'm off to Portugal the day after the match so if we lose I can literally escape from the country.

There should be quite a few posters missing that week ::) ::)

Onion Bag

I have already asked the question and the response was no,  was just wondering had anything changed,

Is this game on the box?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

GTB

Some talk of PJ and Davy Harte starting!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 20, 2011, 04:51:01 PM
I have already asked the question and the response was no,  was just wondering had anything changed,

Is this game on the box?

no
Testing Accessibility

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 20, 2011, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: regal on July 20, 2011, 09:33:59 AM
Quote from: snippets on July 20, 2011, 08:16:03 AM
To end comparisons between mc geeney and dooher. Dooher has 3 celtic crosses whilst mc geeney has one.  Mc geeney ran off into management of anmother county  when he had another year in him, whereas doohers committment is unflinching total

But as a player McGeeney never feigned injury, never dived, never through himself to the ground to get an opponent sent off. Nobody could ever call McGeeney a cheat.

Threw. How's your summer holidays? No, you cannot call McGeeney a cheat, but does McGeeney envy Dooher-most definitely. Does anyone in Tyrone envy McGeeney, his bald patch and his sad act personality-no.

I would imagine alot of people do envy mcgeeney, i know, i would regardless of the county he is from.  fantastic footballer, great leader and credit to himself and his county.  Some very bitter and silly posts going on here i must be said. 

KT

Quote from: ziggysego on July 20, 2011, 03:39:45 PM
The All-Ireland winning Armagh team

Francie Bellew: centre, middle row.

Quote from: Family guy on July 20, 2011, 12:22:12 AM
What a shit post,obviously the winner has to go further.Both teams have some fin footballers,im sure the likes of sean cavanagh joe mc mahon jamie clarke or steven mc donnell would make the kerry or cork team,i wouldnt rite of any team tha posses such players

Apart from 1997, I can't recall where having one or two class players meant a team could successfully win the AI. I am just being realistic based on current form it doesn't look likely that either side are capable of mounting a serious AI challenge.  I am an Armagh supporter and have huge respect for Tyrone's achievements in the noughies. I would be happy to be proved wrong, but I just can't see it!
O'Neills Therapist