Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snippets

To end comparisons between mc geeney and dooher. Dooher has 3 celtic crosses whilst mc geeney has one.  Mc geeney ran off into management of anmother county  when he had another year in him, whereas doohers committment is unflinching total

this bus aint gonna drive itself.

fitzroyalty

Dooher is held together with a couple of bandages...will be using a walking stick by the age of 40...and is denying some young buck an opportunity...time to move on!

regal

Quote from: snippets on July 20, 2011, 08:16:03 AM
To end comparisons between mc geeney and dooher. Dooher has 3 celtic crosses whilst mc geeney has one.  Mc geeney ran off into management of anmother county  when he had another year in him, whereas doohers committment is unflinching total

But as a player McGeeney never feigned injury, never dived, never through himself to the ground to get an opponent sent off. Nobody could ever call McGeeney a cheat.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: regal on July 20, 2011, 09:33:59 AM

But as a player McGeeney never feigned injury, never dived, never through himself to the ground to get an opponent sent off. Nobody could ever call McGeeney a cheat.

Threw. How's your summer holidays? No, you cannot call McGeeney a cheat, but does McGeeney envy Dooher-most definitely. Does anyone in Tyrone envy McGeeney, his bald patch and his sad act personality-no.

ziggysego

Ah now lads, the banter was good here. Don't let it turn nasty.
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Quote from: ziggysego on July 20, 2011, 09:47:38 AM
The f**king ex hogan-standers are turning this board to shit.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

PAULD123

I don't know if any of you have noticed but McGeeney won't actually be playing in the Tyrone vs Armagh game. I would have thought the upcoming event on Saturday would be more important to discuss than a my da's bigger than your da, style pissin contest

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 20, 2011, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: regal on July 20, 2011, 09:33:59 AM

Threw. How's your summer holidays? No, you cannot call McGeeney a cheat, but does McGeeney envy Dooher-most definitely. Does anyone in Tyrone envy McGeeney, his bald patch and his sad act personality-no.
thrown
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

Pauld what size is yer ma?
Mine is very small.

I was just thinking last night that the Armagh v Tyrone rivalry has certainly added to the past 10 years for both teams. As someone already said Armagh have suffered a bit at the hands of Tyrone in the big games and had they a bit more luck they could have been the team sitting with 3 AI's not Tyrone.

In all sport, drama, intensity, a bit of foul play & revenge sure adds to the overall spectacle. I've been to other games in Croker where there is hardly any passion or atmosphere and its not much fun. Tyrone winning of Ulster the past few years and Armagh's great runs before that were becoming boring.
The sheer joy and ecstasy on the faces of the Donegal fans last weekend and the pain on the Derry ones helps to keep the passion in our games.
I kinda feel sorry for the poor Dubs as they win Leinster at a canter each year without much of a battle most games and then they're coming in cold to a team in the 1/4's who have won 3 or 4 in a row with great momentum and team spirit.
I think that's why they appreciate the exciting games they had with Tyrone in 2005 & the time they beat Armagh up in Clones.
I will never forgot the feeling in my stomach in 2003 final, being surrounded by Armagh fans in the upper Cusack but still being able to shout my heart out. The tension & uncertainty right up the final kick was unreal and every year I know we might never experience that again.

Onion Bag

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 20, 2011, 10:37:38 AM
I don't know if any of you have noticed but McGeeney won't actually be playing in the Tyrone vs Armagh game. I would have thought the upcoming event on Saturday would be more important to discuss than a my da's bigger than your da, style pissin contest

Was thinking that myself PAUL123
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Club Rossa

For me this is a great rivalry though not as big as Tyrone v Derry,though reading some of the comments on that Armagh forum reminds me how much i dislike those hoors ;D
Classic situation for Armagh,no one giving them a chance,they are away from home and expected to get beaten.As we saw against Down,they were able to raise their game considerably and will likely do so again for us.Keeping Jamie Clarke quiet is the key and i still think Tyrone will prevail.

SuperHo

hmm. think that's the point.  art doesn't manage tyrone anymore. por still with armagh for another game at least!

it wasnt meant as an anti-armagh thing - don't think hes a good manager thats all

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2011, 05:42:25 PM
Quote from: SuperHo on July 19, 2011, 05:38:47 PM
Armagh v Tyrone 1994 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWh-PmrGa2c&NR=1

Fine goals from Stephen Lawn and Diarmuid Marsden. Plunkett's flowing locks better than his goal.

cheers for that link.  It was a a great days craic!  I was at a 7 aside tournament at healy pk several days after the 94 match and cuthbert showed me some of the missiles that had been thrown on the pitch.  Pieces of lead about the size of yer thumb and sharpened to a point.  lovely!  And big plunkett runnin half the pitch to score a goal.  Happy days indeed.

Without soloing too!  ;D

LOL I remember standing behind the opposite goals that day as a scrub of a lad thinking jaysus he took some steps!!! Still can't stomach him since 1992 though!  :-\

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ziggysego on July 20, 2011, 09:47:38 AM
Spud doesn't know anything other than nasty comments, truth is both McGeeney and Dooher are excellent examples of how hard work and dedication can bring a player to the pinnacle of sport. I wouldn't say either would envy the other, and medals do not mark the measure of the man. Peter Canavan perhaps the greatest footballer of the modern era has a paltry 2 AI medals won in the twilight of his career, there are Kerrymen with 3 or 4 who wouldn't lace his boots. Anyone with a true sense of what GAA is all about would grasp this. Banter is good so long as that is all it is, and I would bet most Tyrone County players would agree that but for a kick of a ball here or there or a decision here or there both Armagh and Tyrone could have been sitting with 5 AI's each at the end of the noughties, but that's sport.