Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Weather prospects seem positive at this stage, this should help the crowd.
Showers will become isolated on Saturday and many areas will get decent sunshine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

north down

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 19, 2011, 12:27:54 PM
The point he scored against Kerry in th 08 final  underneath the Cusack stand was probably the best point i have ever seen

Totally agree Onion Bag - I was on the upper deck of the Cussack that day, just right above his run. It was the best score that I have ever seen at any game at any level.

ziggysego

Quote from: north down on July 19, 2011, 08:04:09 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on July 19, 2011, 12:27:54 PM
The point he scored against Kerry in th 08 final  underneath the Cusack stand was probably the best point i have ever seen

Totally agree Onion Bag - I was on the upper deck of the Cussack that day, just right above his run. It was the best score that I have ever seen at any game at any level.

I was on the lower deck of the cusack that day, just above his run.
Testing Accessibility

armagho9

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 19, 2011, 11:40:04 AM
Quote from: PAULD123 on July 19, 2011, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: regal on July 19, 2011, 10:05:17 AM
As Brian Dooher seems to have a vital role in helping persuade players to stick with Tyrone, do Tyrone fans believe he will make a good manager one day? Whilst, at best, Dooher could be described as a poor man's McGeeney, could he be the man to eventually replace Mickey Harte?

What? McGeeney was a centre half back. How can you even compare them? They are both good players but you can't compare a CHB with a forward in any sensible way.

Dooher at best could be described as the hardest working forward ever. At worst could be described as a player who would at least make the squad for any team at any time. McGeeney in fairness was a superb player and for about 4-5 years the best CHB around. How can you get that Dooher is a poor man's McGeeney?

The two players are incomparable

Crazy comment

My defining memory of both men:

McGeeney: McGuigan putting him on his hole in the 03 final and kicking a quality point!

Dooher: Taking two/three massive hits along the cusack stand sideline in 08 final and then kicking a massive point after all the hard work!

I think this sums them up in my mind!

Was some score b Dooher to be fair,  other memories i have of Dooher is throwing himself to the ground in 03 final trying to get Paul McGrane sent off.  The referee had one look at him and told him to get up, (about the only decision he got right that day, Dooher obviously not as convincing as Jordan with his cheating).

Remember Dooher also trying to get Martin OConnell sent off by putting his head under his foot then claiming he was stamped on.

barelegs

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

anportmorforjfc

Getting more confident as the week goes on. Hearing different roumors about McKeever, Toner and Swift, hard to know what to believe :-\. What about Tyrone is o'neill the only injury?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Remember in 2003 Armagh v Tyrone had to be given a separate forum to keep the southerners happy - oh how the mighty have fallen - can't see either team going much further this year...
O'Neills Therapist

Applesisapples

Pay no heed to them boys on Armagh.net...They haven't a clue. Even the most ardent Armagh fan knows that Tyrone will win by 3 or 4.

Family guy

Quote from: 02 on July 20, 2011, 12:04:04 AM
Remember in 2003 Armagh v Tyrone had to be given a separate forum to keep the southerners happy - oh how the mighty have fallen - can't see either team going much further this year...

What a shit post,obviously the winner has to go further.Both teams have some fin footballers,im sure the likes of sean cavanagh joe mc mahon jamie clarke or steven mc donnell would make the kerry or cork team,i wouldnt rite of any team tha posses such players

norabeag

Quote from: SuperHo on July 19, 2011, 07:46:24 PM

The only times i have seen Plunkett moving quicker were:

1 - getting away from Mark Grimley
2 - Running begging for the Armagh managers job (thank god for POR)

did they not run into each other in the tunnel that day in 94?

as for por?  managing a team 9pts up in an ulster final and still managed to blow itnuff said
Seem to remember a certain Ulster team choking on a similar lead in Croke Park circa 86. Nuff said ;)

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on July 19, 2011, 11:58:05 PM
Them boys don't like us at all - http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/f5/armagh-vs-tyrone-1385/

That's hilarious stuff. Some of those boyos have to be on the wind up.