Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Not a bad draw as the two week break will help clear up any niggles. Also, we'll be playing a side running out for the third week on the trot. On the downside, feckin Armagh. Hate those games. And Omagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

You got in before me there O'Neill (how do I delete my thread?)

Delighted with the home draw and pleased with the opposition, whether it will be Armagh or Wicklow. Both teams will be hard to beat and if Armagh come through it will add a bit of spice to the occasion, Healy park full to the brim would be some occasion!

No point hoping for a poor(er) team at this stage, you want to be upping the ante each game. The extra weeks rest should help the likes of SoN, Hub, Swift and Justy recover further from their respective knocks.

No point getting ahead of ourselves but whichever of the three teams advance will be content with the losers from Mayo/Ross. Another tough game but winnable all the same.

ONeill

Ach it's just that gut vomity feeling I get playing the Orchard. A bit like Derry in the 90s.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

Gaffer

What s the timetable here then?

We will play armagh/Micklow winners when? And if we come through that we play round 4 when?

Quarter finals are scheduled for 31st July
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

armaghniac

We've arranged Micko to give us a good training session in advance!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyroneman

Hate playing big games at Healy Park.

Armagh will raise thier game considerably if they get past Wicklow (which will not be the forgone conclusion many think it will)

Who will handle Clarke is the question? Ricey?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Gaffer on July 10, 2011, 07:18:55 PM

We will play armagh/Micklow winners when? And if we come through that we play round 4 when?

Everything is moved back a week for the teams in this part of the draw. The Round 4 qualifier will be on the weekend of the other 3 quarter finals. Tyrone's quarter-final will, in all likelihood, be a double-header with the first All Ireland hurling semi-final.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

omagh_gael

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 10, 2011, 07:31:52 PM

Everything is moved back a week for the teams in this part of the draw. The Round 4 qualifier will be on the weekend of the other 3 quarter finals. Tyrone's quarter-final will, in all likelihood, be a double-header with the first All Ireland hurling semi-final.

And so the codology begins. Admit it, you Armagh men know that was a blip yesterday evening. You'll stroll into Aughrim shake Micko's hand and come up the road with a 10 point win. The week after that Jamie Clarke will bag 2-04 and you will be on your merry  way to Dublin on the second week of August.

lawnseed

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 10, 2011, 07:37:45 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 10, 2011, 07:31:52 PM

this tyrone game is exactly the distraction micko will love. i expect a close game

Everything is moved back a week for the teams in this part of the draw. The Round 4 qualifier will be on the weekend of the other 3 quarter finals. Tyrone's quarter-final will, in all likelihood, be a double-header with the first All Ireland hurling semi-final.[\b]

And so the codology begins. Admit it, you Armagh men know that was a blip yesterday evening. You'll stroll into Aughrim shake Micko's hand and come up the road with a 10 point win.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

donegal lad

The supporters of whatever side comes out of this draw are the people losing out because with their quarter final being on with the semi final they will be made pay semi final prices

Siggy

Happy enough with the draw. The rest week is a positive as is the home draw.

omagh_gael

Quote from: donegal lad on July 10, 2011, 07:45:58 PM
The supporters of whatever side comes out of this draw are the people losing out because with their quarter final being on with the semi final they will be made pay semi final prices

Unless the draw pitched the winners of this section against the Dubs resulting in a stand alone QF on the second week of August. Additionally, this will provide the Dubs a ready made excuse when Tyrone give them a thumping as they were made wait too long for their game ;)

David McKeown

Awful draw for Armagh if by the grace of god we manage to get past Micklow. our greatest weakness this season is on the line. We have continually been out thought this year and now we go up against one of the best in the game ever. Added to that Tyrone have more than enough defenders capable of handling Clarke and McDonnell (I'd imagine Gormley and McMahon or Ricey to be given those jobs) I honestly can't see Armagh getting within 6 points.

On the other hand an impressive win for Tyrone might re-invigorate the older players for one last push for Sam.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mackers

Quote from: David McKeown on July 10, 2011, 08:15:07 PM
Awful draw for Armagh if by the grace of god we manage to get past Micklow. our greatest weakness this season is on the line. We have continually been out thought this year and now we go up against one of the best in the game ever. Added to that Tyrone have more than enough defenders capable of handling Clarke and McDonnell (I'd imagine Gormley and McMahon or Ricey to be given those jobs) I honestly can't see Armagh getting within 6 points.

On the other hand an impressive win for Tyrone might re-invigorate the older players for one last push for Sam.
I know you've put in the highlighted caveat David but I wouldn't even contemplate this tie and possible match ups until after next Saturday.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.